You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: We Saw our Friend as a Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

We Saw our Friend as a Spirit

 

At the time I was about 9 years old and my best friend Celia had just had her birthday the day before and turned 9. Me and my other friend Greta stayed the night at her house. We had a normal fun night like any kid that would stay at their friends house.

The next morning we got up and we played our favorite game to play at that age, hide and go seek. But we decided to mix it up. Celia would go hide and me and Greta would both seek because you see, celia was a VERY good hider. Me and Greta were in celia's moms bedroom counting and by the rushing footsteps we could tell she was having trouble trying to find a place to hide.

Finally we finished counting and stood up. We yelled "Celia you better find a place fast! Were coming!" and we stepped out of the bedroom to see "Celia" rushing into her bedroom (which was directly across the hall.) Me and Greta thought Ha! We've got you now! But this "Celia" was kind of foggy looking and didn't exactly have anything from the hips down and she floated through her bedroom door. For some reason me and Greta paid no attention to this and barged into Celia's bedroom. We looked all over that bedroom and Celia was no where to be found. She couldn't have possibly gotten out without us seeing for her bedroom wasn't exactly big.

So me and Greta, still in celia's room, shouted "Celia just come out we can't find you!" and the next thing we know Celia came from the living room. Me and Greta exchanged a glance as to say "I thought I saw her go in there?" at that moment I said "Greta was it just me or didn't I see her do into her room?" Greta was like... "no... I saw it too..." celia stood there wondering what the heck we were talking about. I then asked celia how she had slipped out of her room without us seeing her. She said "I was never in my room I was behind the couch the whole time" Then me and Greta started to think about how we had seen her. She was transparent, glowing, kind of foggyish, had no legs, and walked through the door. But it looked EXACTLY like her! We told celia what we had saw and we just though about it for a while.

The first thought that came to mind was GHOST! And we did what any smart little kid would do, we ran into the dining room to her mom to tell her what had happened. Her mom told us we were imagining it but I know we weren't. We spent the whole day trying to figure out what had happened and I thought maybe Celia's life was slipping away and her spirit had gotten out of her but she was technically still alive. You get what I'm saying? But celia said she felt just fine and never felt as if her life was slipping away.

Does anyone know what this could have been? Celia said she didn't even feel like she was out of her body or anything. I am now 13 and we still have not figured this out. It puzzles our mind even today!

Other hauntings by SnowClaw

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SnowClaw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SnowClaw (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
My Friend Celia actually HAS had another weird experience in her house...well...atleast she tihnks its weird I don't think of it as much of anything. Her mom was out of town and her grandma was watching her at Celia's house. Celia closed the door to her mother's bedroom because that's where they keep the dogs when they are gone (they were about to go to the mall) Her grandma forgot something in the room and went back in to get it and the door was locked... The door only locks from the inside (trust me I've stayed in that room many times). They had to go outside and climg through the bathroom window and unlock the bedroom door. Celia says you can't lock the door then shut it but I have no idea.
SnowClaw (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Ohiowatha,
We didn't know she was hding behind the couch since we tohught we saw her walk into her room and we didn't get to find where she was hiding until we got creeped and called her out. When we first saw the "thing" we weren't exactly comprehending it until we realized thta celia wasn't in her room that she was in the living room. Do you get it?
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Celia--master hider, inventor of such implacable hiding places as "behind the couch..." You really need TWO people to find a girl who hides behind furniture? Seems like a set-up to me...

Sorry, there are some inconsistencies here that raise red flags to me. A glowing, foggy half-girl with no legs that disappears into a room doesn't make you stop DEAD in your tracks? Just doesn't add up to me.

...but hey, that's just me, and what do I know?
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
That might explain a lot, they call it 'out of body experience'.Your friend Celia must have an ability to let her spirit out of her body, but it doesn't fit because if her spirit is out of body, you might have not been able to be a full body spirit, but that still does not fit the part that your friend Celia is half bodied spirit. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
There is a possibility that what you saw was a doppelganger, SnowClaw.
The literal translation of the German word is "double walker", meaning someone who is acting the same way as another person. They have the same traits and are often times called the "evil twin". But that does not mean that they do evil things.
Just a thought.
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
This could of been just a "copy cat ghost". I seen my uncle stand next to a man that looked just like him, in his house once. Yet my uncle was not dead, and he lived a long life after that.

Do you know the history of this house? It might be interesting to find out, if anything happen in there. It could explain what happen with you.
SnowClaw (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Nope, there have been no other ghost experiences in that house. Well except once but we figured out that her big sister was playing a joke on us.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
hmmmmmmmmmm, have there been any other experiences? Has anyone in the home mentioned any other experiences at all?

God Bless!
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Also one thing I forgot to add, I've seen a ghost of a girl that looked exactly like me at my grandmothers house. But I'm sure it wasn't me. ❤
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Thanks for your story
Well, I think it might be a ghost, Maybe your friends mum didn't want to tell you if there was a ghost so she wouldn't scare you. Has anything else happened in the house that you know of?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Well It might have been a ghost just passsing by. I am not sure but if anything hasnt happened since there isn't nothing you should be affraid of. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: