You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: The Friendly and the Angry Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

The Friendly and the Angry Ghosts

 

I am Merwin Meibos and I live in Holland (heerenveen). From when I was young (5/6/7 years old), I encountered a variety of ghosts. I could always see them, but I lost this ability when I reached puberty. Because of this, I lost my faith in ghosts until these new ghosts appeared in my room. I say ghosts because there were more then one (one was friendly, one was angry). I can't see either of the ghosts, but they make me really clear that they are there all the time.

The angry one makes a lot of little noises and gives me the feeling like I'm being watched all the time. These noises contain banging sounds from my gas stove, sounds like the curtains are rubbing against the wall and a really creepy scratching sound from my music boxes. These boxes aren't broken, that's for sure. I did picture this evil ghost on my digital camera. In the corner of one picture you can see something really red.

The Friendly and the Angry Ghosts

However, a month or 2 ago this angry ghost disappeared all of a sudden, or at least it doesn't make any sounds anymore. Now the friendly ghost is in my room all of the time... It's a really kind spirit and it makes me feel really relaxed. For some kind of reason, I believe it was a women.

She touches me a lot, like for example padding me on the shoulder or going through my hair with her hand. I don't mind this ghost, and I am really happy that the angry one disappeared.

Other hauntings by mmeibos

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mmeibos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
It is a shame that you were sensitive and then lost it as you grew up. I think this is the case with most children who are not encouraged on at a early age.

All of your sounds could be explained though and should be investigated throughly. There could be any number of reasons why the sounds are happening and a countless number of them could be simple things. For example, a music box is a complex work of machinery. And while a slowed down, unwinding music box could sound creepy or make clicking sounds, that does not mean there is any spiritual involvement.

As far as your picture. There is a lot of explanations behind it. There could be something out of focus, or a malfunction with the camera, or even corrupted film. The list could go on and on and in the end, I would be willing to say I am almost positive (and comfortable saying so!) that the red blur is most likely not a ghost.

As far as a ghost just being there one day and then gone the next. I believe that. I believe a lot of spirits choose to go where they want to and do what they want to. There could have been all sorts of reasons behind why it went. Heck, the good ghost could have even chased off the bad one.

In the end you are going to have to go with your own instincts. And I wish you luck and health in the future.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Dear mmeibos,

Wonderful story, it is good you renewed your beliefs in the paranormal and the afterlife thanks to the good ghost and the one with some anger issues. Thank you for placing the pictures along with the story but it seems that the ghostly image is a defect rather than an actual ghost. Great story, I can't wait to read more.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
Merwin, that's what my pendelum said too. That it wasn't a relative. I commented on this story a while back (look down!). You need to write more! ~Olivia~ 😉
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
haha, id say id be quite lucky yes. I'm happy I have these experiences. It makes me feel kind of special. I tried a pendelum around the house, and this told me it liked me, it wasn't a relative.
colten (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
thats quite the intresting story I'm glad the angry one is gone and I'm happy for you having a friendly one in your house it must be peacefull I would like a ghost in my house and so would my friends cause we all love ghosts so your pretty lucky
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-03)
okay, the photo could be explained, but still, I believe there is something about this picture... Just my opinion I guess. By the way, I'm 17 years old now.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
Glad the angry one left. At least it was not attached to your home but just maybe a visiting spirit. It seems like the other one may be there to stay but as long as it doesn't bother you then it's not an issue. I'm always a bit leary with this sort of thing with teens because of the excess energy that teens can have which will cause physical manifestations that appear supernatural but are in fact naturally induced. This may not be the case for you just something I have to consider.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
Good story.
But urm, the photo you took could be a lighting effect. Sorry, but as MOTHERPANN said; Take it to a camera shop.

I mean you can't suspect that every little incorrect thing that appear in your Camera is paranormal.;p

Heck those orbs I see in photos... Umm they could be dust or water spots and yet when people who believe in the supernatural too much; Their first reaction would be that it's paranormal and not normal.

Anyways, hope the Angry Ghost doesn't come back, but I just think it moved on with the help of the "friendly ghost" =]

Take care!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-31)
Hey M! Great story writing skills! I am glad you posted the picture! There are critics in here though, so, be ready!:) The bad ghost, I remember doing something here to help you out with that as it was still lurking. I call it a prayer.;) Keep writing stories, M! 😊
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-31)
I have seen this same red on pics before and it is a flash problem or light exposure problem, not a ghost. Sorry, to disappoint you.

take it to a camera shop and they should confirm that for you
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
How old are you? The reason I ask is because this may be some type of poltergeist activity and your parents may not witness it because often poltergeist do not affect older adults.

Just curious.

God Bless!
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
I have taken more pictures, several times, but only this picture showed something. I don't have a tape recorder, and I guess my parents won't find it a good reason that I want to have a tape recorder cause a ghost. They have their doubts about ghosts. I showed them this picture, and they think it was just the light reflecting or something (there is nothing that CAN reflect it). Thanks for ure advice anyway.
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
Hello,mmeibos
That was an interesting and scarey story! I agree that there is a redness in the side of the picture. Take more pictures and try to see if, you can get more paranormal activity going on in the room. Recording with a tape recorder would be a good idea. Just some ideas to share. Take care.😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: