You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Childhood Terror

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Terror

 

I should start out by saying that I have experienced paranormal activity since I can remember. This particular instance is the first that I can actually recall in full detail.

I was about 4 years old and would have nightmares through the night. I would wake up sweating, sometimes crying because they frightened me so bad. What would scare me even more is what I would see when I would open my eyes. Mind you, I was fully awake at this point. I would always see just across the room a floating head (of sorts), usually with a skull or demonic looking face in the middle. It was generally white and misty. I would squeeze my eyes shut, trying hard to get it to go away, and reopen just to have it still there and staring at me.

I remember then focusing on this being, making sure that it wasn't just a shadow or something in my room making that shape. I realize it sounds ridiculous that a 4 year old can have the much insight, but I had always been mature for my age. I would pray and pray, but nothing would happen. Eventually, I would become so terribly overwhelmed with fear that I would begin to scream and bang on the wall that separated mine and my parent's room, begging my dad to come in the room with me.

He would drag in there, push me over, and lay in front of me on the twin bed so that I was against the wall. At times, I would peek over to see if the being was still there, and 9 times out of 10, it still was. My dad was unaware and just went right to sleep.

At any rate, this being still haunts me. It definitely isn't as frequent as when I was younger, but I'll know when it appears. The presence in the room will be so strong and so dark that I begin to shake, but can't physically move to turn the lights on. I become paralyzed with fear. If anyone has any ideas on how to send this terror back where it belongs, that would be awesome. I have tried to several rituals, but it always comes back no matter what. I'm tired of being scared, and tired of being terrified of the dark.

Other hauntings by megalie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, megalie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xParanormancyx (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
Whoa, that's reaaaaaally spooky. Like what some others have posted, I would definitely pull out your inner religiousness and banish the spirit in the name of our Lord. Call out to the entity in large, forceful, demanding tones and show absolutely NO fear to it. Whatever you do, don't communicate with it. It will be the worst decision of your life. I wish you luck in getting rid of the spirit. Thank you for the interesting post!
~Victoria
boogoosttella124 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
that is freaky. If your christian. Where it occurs. (ex.IF in your room.) when it occurs or when it dosn't.Preferably when it doesn't yell in the "in the name of Jesus Christ,Begone.Or get a priest. Thats a Catholic minister. And tell the priest about it and see what he says. Oh and your not crazy either. Also no chemical inbalince.
megalie (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-17)
I'm fairly sure it doesn't have to do with a chemical imbalance, and they're not night terrors because I remembered what occurred.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
A friend of mine was very young when she would see terrible things at night that would horrify her. It turns out she had some sort of chemical imbalance, causing her to have night terrors. She's on mild medication now, only having night terrors when she's really stressed out. Look up night terrors on wikipedia for more information.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hello, muahh.
Thank you for the vote of confidence. I will look forward to your comments on my stories. I welcome all feedback! 😉

Hi again, megalie...
Hmmm. A favorite childhood toy? A chest that you received when younger?
I have many items that I actually go t when I was young. It is really hard to tell what it could be. It you thoroughly bless the home, that should solve the problem, though. If you "splash" everything.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
I would think the key word here would be "fear". Whatever it is is feeding on your fear. Maybe time to take a stand and tell that entity to take a hike. Literally. Sounds like you do have the gift which some think is more a curse if they never get a handle on it. Do you see other things? Do you see auras? Do you get impressions about people in general that you normally would not know about only to find out they are true? I just wanted to know if this was an isolated case or not. Had to be hard as a child to deal with this. It's time to take back your life and address this entity with authority and tell it to get out and stay out. For myself I would envoke the name of Jesus. Whatever your beliefs I hope you come to terms with this foul spirit.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
oh and I missed reading stories and also missed you guys too ^_^ been busy with school lately.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
please excuse me megalie:

hey muahh:
can you add me in friendster, if you have one? If you don't mind... Id like to talk to you more about spiders and ghosts and other stuff too... Haha... My e-add is in my profile ^_^
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
This sounds very creepy. If I would have to go through something like that I would die from a heart attack. I realy liked your story. I hope you post the next one soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
CornCobXov (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Try this: Have a friend spend the night. When it comes to visit you that night, Wake them up by screaming (aka make them mad) and let them yell at it. It worked for an apparition I kept seeing when I was five.
megalie (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-04)
whitebuffalo: Now that is a thought! I don't know why I never thought of that. I wonder what it could be, since it has been happening since I was little...hmm...now that has gotten me to think. Thanks for that! (:
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-04)
white buffalo... The story about your daughter really intrigued me... I hope I can start reading your stories... I've only been visiting this site for about a couple of months and I'm yet to finish all the stories 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-04)
Megalie, here is a thought.
As it is following you wherever you move, that would indicate that it may be connected to one of the persons moving, or one of the ITEMS that is moving WITH you. Have you tried a personal blessing on the possessions in your home? A simple pure water and salt cleansing may be in order.
We have a quite a history with Beings sharing our space, and every time we move (I DO hope this was the LAST time for THAT 😊) we place the items outside in the fresh air for a while and I bless the items (neighbors do tend to watch, however). When we get to the new place, we do the same. If I purchase a used item, I also bless it before bringing it into the home. Just another thought for you.
Thank you.
p3t3yo (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
This is a very good storie, megalie. I shall research some ways to send it back. I will try to help you as much as I can. Me and my friends do this stuff all of the time. If you need any more help, email me at crazy_4_eagles [at] yahoo.com

Good luck 😉
megalie (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
white buffalo: thanks so much for your advice. I have tried several things, and this particular being is stubborn! Like I said, not quite as frequent, but it follows me each time that I move, no matter the apartment. I will try a few more times (:
schizo: no, nobody else has seen it. I'm the only person in my family that has ever had this "gift", but my mother does (and always has) believed me.
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
wow! Its superb megalie! I hope you write such stories more and more 😁 😊 ❤
by clam girl 1234
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Putting up crosses in the room and on the door many times keeps evil entities out. Telling it to leave in the Lords name may help.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Try talking to a priest. They might be able to help.
Has anyone in your family ever seen it?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Hello megalie,
I am drawn to your story for a few reasons, one being that I have children that can see some pretty scary things. The first ghost that my daughter appeared to interact fully with was a full bodied apparition that was missing parts of its head. She would come running into my room, explaining what it was that she was seeing, but I never saw him the way in which she did.
After quite a while of waking me up at all hours of the night, (I have to admit, I got frustrated and a bit angry) I finally stormed into her room and told it that it was scaring her, and that it either needed to present itself in a manor fitting a child, or it simply needed to leave. I did have to get firm with it a few times.
He did not leave her. What happened instead was that he began showing himself with no missing parts. That made it easier for MY daughter to look at him. She ended up becoming his friend, on this side, and I feel that he has helped her through some difficult situations.
Seeing as to how you have already tried a few rituals (by the way, often times the rituals have to be repeated. Ghosts can be stubborn too.), try telling it that it is not welcome in your space. If possible, burn a lavender incense (to rid the negativity from the room) and tell it that it is now BANISHED from your room, and WILL NOT be granted re-entrance.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: