You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mommy Ego 2

Real Ghost Stories

Mommy Ego 2

 

As you all know, something is a little off with this house. A lot of people asked about the parents. Like I said in the story above, we had been blamed for a lot of what happened in the house. My aunt Nancy has an Autistic son who is the oldest and keeps to himself, 2 daughters, amy and vivian, and her youngest son is mike. They had a white lab named Lucky, and Nancy's husband's name is Bubba

The area they live in is on what used to be the outskirts of Austin Texas, the city has expanded exponentially in the past 10 years. Based on bits and pieces of research I have done, the area had been inhabited by the Tonkawa tribe, spaniards in search of gold from Mexico city, as well as some of the early settlers from around the time Texas gained its independence. Based on the fact that this neighborhood sits on the edwards aquifer, with Dittmar Creek running through it, my guess is that it was a popular area to settle in no matter who you are. Lots of trees, water and what seems to still be small chunks of farm land hidden off in the bushes even to this day.

My aunt told me herself that while she was out in the yard gardening, she could have sworn she saw a woman in some pilgrim styled clothing, it was blue with white lace edging, and she was riding in a carriage down the street when she suddenly faded and vanished after turning her head to look at my aunt. Now my aunt is a devout Mormon and will make up every excuse in the book to deny what she saw was a ghost, she's even gone so far as to say it was a holy spirit watching over her house. Her son mike, who is now 19 will still argue with her, explaining that was Mommy Ego.

Mommy Ego, from what I have been told is the lady who's been trying to punish my cousin for something, and she doesn't call him by his name, she called him Nathaniel, so I think it would be safe to assume that she thinks Mike is her son.

Strange people have always lived in the area, some natural gas lines run through a certain part of the neighborhood and we used to walk it because it was all cleared out and the grass was kept under control, it was our little shortcut home from school. There was a woman who was rumored to be a gypsy, as well as an old old man who would turn up in the most oddball places and the strangest times. Whenever we would ask him what he was doing he would get angry and threaten to shoot us if we didn't leave him be.

There was a hill on the other side of the bridge I mentioned that goes over the creek and has bats under it... The top of the hill has an old rickety gate, and fence posts made out of actual tree branches. The area looks like some sort of horse ranch. In Austin there are Texas Live Oaks EVERYWHERE... Well on this property is a massive oak tree with about 4 gallows set up around it. The funny thing about this place now that I mention it, is the name of a main road that passes through the area, One road is called "Convict Hill" and another is called "Slaughter Lane" that actually creeps me out even more, I will be sure to research why they were given those names.

The area is old and parts over grown, it was developed in the late 60s and due to the rate at which the city is growing, it was poorly maintained. Snakes were common in the creeks and tall grasses, mostly cotton mouths, copper heads, rattlesnakes and coral snakes. You get the occasional grass snake as well.

Some odd things we found in the area include: Petrified wood, arrow heads, stones with strange etchings made in them. Dead animals all throughout the creek ranging from cats, dogs, livestock and some things I have never seen before. Not once did we find a dead or injured bat, its likely something that small would get washed away in the creek. Same with birds and rodents. We crawled up into a brushy area once and found a small cleaning with old wooden fishing poles and a mino cage sitting in the water rusting away. The are always had a feeling to it that something just wasn't right.

I think that about sums it all up. On a lighter note I'll give you a quick story that scared the jeebers out of me. My aunt kept a deep freezer in the garage, and the attic entrance was in there as well. The attic had no door or later, it was just a square hole in the ceiling with edging around it and cross beams a few feet about the entrance, beyond that was pure darkness. Mike always said that's where Mommy Ego would sleep because it was always dark.

Well one day we were allowed to get some push pops, the delicious orange ones. When we opened the garage we heard whispering, both of us looked up and there staring at us with malice in her eyes was a woman, her brown semi curly hair dangling down. This was one of those moments that seemed like it would never end, we were both paralyzed with fear. She started to moan as if she was deeply upset, the type of moan actors make when they pretend their husband is dying in their arms, as she was moaning she started to grit her teeth and she propped herself up like she was getting ready to come down.

We ran out screaming like little girls. I ran into my uncles room, apparently he was asleep, I jumped up on the bed and landed right on his gut which did not make him happy. He let out a yell, I was so scared I didn't stop to realize it was just my uncle, I ran outside of his room out the back door and climbed up in the little fort we had built next to the swing set. My older cousins teased me for it but no matter how many times I told them to go in there and see for themselves they didn't have the guts to do it.

I got in trouble for waking my uncle up like that and as he was going back to his room I saw him dead bolt the garage door, and the door knob. He had this look in his eye that a person gets when they have to deal with something they really don't want to deal with. He pushed on the door to make sure it wouldn't budge then went back into his room. He knew we weren't lying about what we saw. Mike had gone clear out the front door and across the street where he waited for his mom to ask what the hell was going on.

Anyway I hope this was good enough, sorry I couldn't post something more official. Next time Ill talk about my little reunion

Warblaze Date: 2008-04-08

Well like I said it was my aunts house, she just watched us a lot after school. As to where the parents were, they had been present for a lot of the occurrences as well but in this particular event they had all gone out for the night and left their 2 oldest daughters to baby sit us. The younger of the 2 is 5 years older than myself. Sorry its taken so long to reply, I didn't know it got published so soon. I have tons of experiences involving this particular house but its really hard to put them all into one huge document because I sometimes leave out the details or mix the order in which the events happen which can make it hard to read. I will post again tonight, I'm not sure how long it takes exactly to get published but I'm glad you all enjoy my traumatic experiences. As for that night, when you are exhausted from being up all hours of the morning, you don't want to open the door because you fear something bad may happen, you sit there, paranoid, staring at the door waiting and eventually you succumb to sleep. I didn't mean for it to sound like everything just stopped and we said ok sleep time! Sorry for the misconception.

Other hauntings by Warblaze

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Warblaze, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-02)
Greetings, Warblaze.

I am well aware that this narrative is 9 years old, now. However, in 2017, Anny82 posted "The Witch Of Dittmar" (yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24628), so I did some reading.

I was going to guess that the name "Slaughter Lane" was *likely* named for one of two possibilities: 1) cattle yards to supply beef to the city, or 2) It was settled by people from the picturesque villages "Upper Slaughter" and "Lower Slaughter" in the Cotswolds, England. I was leaning toward the second of these options, because of the other street names and neighborhoods nearby: Sherwood Road, Wessex Way, United Kingdom Drive, Great Britain Boulevard; the streets Dulwich St., Croydon Loop, and Lambeth Lane are all named for boroughs of London; there are royal references in Crownspoint Drive and Monarch Drive; and the Waterloo neighborhood refers to a village near the Atlantic coast of France where the British Navy won a decisive battle against Napoleon.

Feeling pretty confident, I started doing some of the actual research. On Quora.com, Lisa Brooke (of Austin, Texas) states that "Slaughter Creek is named for Stephen F. Slaughter and his wife Ann, who moved to the area from Kentucky right about the time Texas first became a republic, around 1833 or so. There's also a major thoroughfare in South Austin called Slaughter Lane named after the family" (quora.com/How-did-Slaughter-Creek-in-Austin-TX-get-its-name).

Christi Covington wrote an article titled "The Slaughter Family: Family settled before Texas independence" in Volume 5, Issue 4, of the "Community Impact Newspaper" --Southwest Austin Edition-- July 27th-to-August 23rd, 2012. The article was updated on March 15, 2016, in the on-line (*not* a PDF) here: communityimpact.com/austin/news/2012/07/25/the-slaughter-family/ (If you really want the original in PDF, the address is: communityimpact.com/wp-content/uploads/archives/SWA/issues/SWA-2012-07.pdf)

Stephen and Ann's marriage (with her name recorded as Annie Sloane) is entry "1.1.1.3.8.3.3" on the genealogical family tree compiled by D. C. O'Driscoll at dcodriscoll.pbworks.com/w/page/27078193/Slaughter_%28I%29. --*IF* I'm reading this correctly (I'm used to reading genealogies as diagrams, not as lists!) then his uncle was Governor Gabriel Slaughter of Kentucky (from 1816-1820).

I do hope that this may prove of interest to anyone who reads the older narratives on YGS.

-Biblio.
VoodooWhisperer (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-26)
I've read the first Story and loved it but it scared the jeepers out of me! I was excited that there was another one and when I read it it gave me the shivers but I loved it! 😆
Laurenrox (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
😨 😨 😨 that's so freaking scary if I saw that woman I would have screamed and probably fainted.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Apparently you were not the only ones that knew something was rotten in Denmark. Many religious people don't believe in ghosts period or they just have been told that its the work of the devil and an illusion used to torment the living. Jesus and the apostles apparently knew about ghosts being that Jesus had to tell them more than once that He was not such. I think there is a thin veil between the living and the dead and sometimes we get to see into that dimension. Are thses spirits human or demonic, that I don't know. Like here on earth there are good people and evil people and I guess it can be the same in the next world. How they bleed into our space and time is a mystery but it has happened way too much throughout history to be just folly in my humble opinion.
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-04)
oh... So you just re-posted your reply on the Mommy Ego thread... I thought this one's got the pictures... I'm still waiting for that... Hehehe 😁
torig1230 (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
😨 😨 😨 scary! But enjoyable defenitley going to favorites. I have never actually seen a ghost before and I don't want to! Great strory

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: