You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady In Pink

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In Pink

 

When I was four, my parents took myself and our little Shitzu, Mickey, to a cabin up north to stay with my aunt and uncle. I didn't particularly care for the cabin, as it was infested with many spiders and beetles. It wasn't clean. It was small. I was fairly high maintenance, even at the age of four.

One night, while the "grown-ups" sat in the living room talking politics and gossiping, I apparently fell asleep. I woke up very early in the morning, possibly just a couple of hours past midnight, to find that I was sharing a very large bed with my Uncle Ed. My aunt wasn't there, but I assumed that I was carried into the room after falling asleep on the couch. However, when I turned my head back towards the clock, I noticed that a very tall woman was standing in the doorway. She was wearing pink pajamas. At first I thought that she might be my aunt so I asked her if she wanted her bed back, but I received no response. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the woman didn't really look anything like my aunt. Though it was dark, the very outline of this woman's body was drastically different from hers.

I spent another few seconds trying to see who it was. My second guess was that it was my mother. She had similar pajamas, but my mom was also very short- five feet, two inches. I called out to her anyway, but again, no response, and the woman simply stood there. I was only four at the time- I didn't know anything about ghosts. The woman in the doorway vanished.

The next morning, I crawled out of bed with blankie in hand and walked into the kitchen. I asked my mom why she came into my room the night before, but she stated quite passively that she had not. My aunt looked a bit puzzled when I asked her as well. Being that they were the only women in the house, I dropped it.

I never quite figured out what it was.

Other hauntings by frenchpoet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, frenchpoet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Wow nice story! I read many of your stories and I like your way of story-telling and your stories each time! Keep up the AWESOME work!
Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Wow French poet great story. I haven't met you here yet so AI would like to say HI 😁!I agree with Rhodes and Frawin and that this was a great story. I hope to read your others soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Thank you for your comments and thank you to FRAWIN and rhodes68 for your compliments =]
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
that woman in pink could have been the person who lived there befor you maybe she probably couldn't even see you, that's just my opinion.
tayuya902 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
i think it probabily was a ghost because they don't talk a lot and they come out in the night and if the other women in the house didn't know they didn't know.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Hello frenchpoet. I agree with rhodes, you do write good stories and I do enjoy reading them. In my opinion with you being four years old and it happening in the middle of the night, it was probably just a dream. However a lot of things go bump in the night, so who knows for sure.
Thanks for sharing another great story. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Need I say, just another great story again?!

Thanks so much for coming back frenchpoet-it's always a pleasure reading about your experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: