You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: First Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

First Paranormal Experience

 

he first paranormal experience I had was when I was in the 4th grade. My Mom and Dad split up and we moved to a new house. Up to this point my older sister and I shared a bedroom. Needless to say it took me a little while to get used to having my own room.

When I would go to bed at night I could swear I heard footsteps going up and down the hall just outside my door way. When I would go downstairs and tell my mother, she would tell me it was the baseboard heat making the noises. I tried to tell her I new the difference in the sounds, but she didn't want to hear it.

One night I was sleeping, when my foot brushed up against something at the end of my bed. I woke up and looked down there to see an older man standing there looking at me. He was kind of short and older looking. He was wearing a blue "Dickey's" outfit like a repairman would wear. He stared at me for about 30 seconds with a soft smile on his face. He slowly faded away and I heard his footsteps go out my door and walk up and down the hallway 3 times then stop. During this I was scared but not scared.

I now knew where the footsteps came from. Every night after that as soon as I went to bed he would start at my doorway and walk up and down the hallway 3 times and stop at my door. About 4 years later I took over my sister's bedroom at the other end of the hall. I listened the first night going to bed and he was right there to pace and protect me.

Other hauntings by dreamer72

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamer72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostTracker (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
That's a scary experience and your first one. This is the story that got my attention. I hope you don't get that experience again, I'm looking forward to see your new experiences!
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
that was a refreshingly cute story!
So many of the ones I read here are 'scary' stories, they don't often bring a smile to my face, but yours certainly did!

😊

Maybe we should learn not to be instantly afraid of every paranormal thing we experience... Though that's surely a natural reaction! Haha.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Hey dreamer72! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

You said in your story that after your mom and dad split up (I am very sorry to hear that) you moved to a new house. After you moved to a new house, all the paranormal experiences started happening, right? So, the first and foremost thing you should do is find out the history of the house. Was the house brand new or just built or was it old? If it was old, it will be easier to find out the history of the house. If the house is new, then you should not debunk it saying that "it is a new house, why should it have any history in it?" The same thing happened to me; I have a new brand flat but there is some paranormal activity going on it it. Anyway, there can be history in it because maybe it was built on a ground where a cemetery used to be or another house used to be there. I hope you understood what I am trying to say! Thanks!

Biemaster
dreamer72 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Rebelboy- When we moved out of the house he didn't follow me. I do have spirits that are with me (my maternal grandmother) and am very sensitive to the paranormal.
dreamer72 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Thank you all for your comments.

Tonith- I had a psychic connection with my mother. We would be sitting watching tv or she would be sewing and me reading and I would get up and do something and she would say I was just going to ask you to do that. I would say I thought you did. Once we realized that we could talk to each other just by thinking we would do it all the time. Since she passed away 3 1/2 years ago I have been trying to communicate with her to no avail. She comes to me in my dreams but I can't minipulate them like I can other dreams. Getting frustated with it.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I agree with oceanxgodess. Your first ghosty encounter was a positive one. One someone has a bad experience they will usuall be scared of the paranormal. The thing is we shouldnt be afraid of the paranormal. We should learn to understand it. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Sounds like you had a friendly spirit looking after you. Maybe it was someone who lived in the house before your family moved in. The fact that you were not scared means it had good vibes because most kids seeing something like that would have screamed their heads off or would have been too frightened to move or scream. Some places are haunted and some people are haunted. If activity like this happens a lot to you no matter where you are then it's you. You may just be sensitive and can see these things. Go with it. Learn from it. I don't have that gift and sometimes I'm a little envious of those that do or should I just be relieved lol. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
That's good that you aren't scared of this spirit/guardian. It's good that you weren't scared. Do you still have experiences with this spirit today?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I am wondering, perhaps the man had lived there and had children or grand children there that he tended to, he took to tending to you because you were there?

Just a though,
Thanks for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
That was a lovely story dreamer, I really enjoyed reading it!

Do you think he was a past tenant or family?

Well, one thing's for sure. He was there to make sure you were safely tucked in.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
So, you are like a friend of mine. He believes there to be a ghost that follows him. We email everyday and he tells me of the things that go bump in the night and such. I investigate the paranormal and I am very into it. I would love to talk to you more about it! Click on my name if you wish and email me! Take care! And keep us posted!
dreamer72 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
It was older. That was the only experience I had in that house. Most of my experiences have been linked to me not the environment I was in.
OceanxGoddess135 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I'm glad that your first paranormal experience was a positive one. It's sort of similar what happened to me. My parents split up and my mom moved out into a house seeming to be riddled with ghosts. My family though, had the pleasure of being the first people to live in that particular home. I wonder if your house was old or new?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: