You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp - Not For Kids

Real Ghost Stories

Evp - Not For Kids

 

IF YOU ARE EASILY DISTURBED, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS EVP!

I have yet another EVP that I would like to share with you. For once, this one is not in a cemetery. This EVP is kind of scary and creepy, but don't read too much in to it. I will explain.

In the 1800's, every County was required to have a "County Home". It was also called the "Asylum" or the "Poor House" if you will. Basically, if you were destitute, elderly or mentally ill, the judge sent you to the County Home. The one I recorded at was also a Farm worked by the "inmates" of the home. I grew up about 10 miles from this county home (I don't live by it anymore, but I do visit).

The County Home in particular is now the Historical Museum. Very cool stuff on display. You can go through the home and see all kinds of old fashion stuff. I like history, so this is up my alley). The County home was built in 1863 or 1865 (I forget the exact year. After its construction, about 10 years after, they built a "Lunatic House" next to the home, on the same property. The Lunatic House is about 10 yards from the Home.

The Lunatic house is 2 story, red brick about 1800 square feet total. When you first walk in there is a staircase on the right and 3 barred-window "bedrooms" on the right, behind the staircase. On the left there are about 5 bedrooms. When I say bedrooms let me say they have 1 Barred window, one twin bed and enough room to stand up. That is it. They are very small.

The second floor is off limits to the public. When my wife was a child, her and her whole family snuck up to the deteriorated second floor. They still had the old chains and shackles that they used to chain the more violent, insane patients up to the walls. I know someone will find this outrageous but you have to remember that in the 1800's there was no medication to make them more docile and really no psychiatrists to speak of. They just kind of hid them away. Kept them from the normal elderly and poor folks next door. This building was also referred to as the "Jail" by the residence. Please keep all of this in mind when listening to the EVP. The poor people that were put here basically lived and died in this place. (A side note on death at the county home. They have a pauper cemetery on the grounds. Headstones only have numbers, no names. The county has long lost who is buried where. Yes, of course I recorded here too.

Now to the event. On 10/20/2007 the Historical Museum had a little fall fest at night. You know the type, cider making, hay rides, tours of the property...etc. Of course me and my family took this as an opportunity to record all over the place.

The EVP you will hear was recorded in the Lunatic House at around 8:30 or 9:00 PM by my 14 year old son and 14 year old nephew. You will know when the boys are talking and when the "Lunatic Residence" are talking. Pay attention when listening to this. There are a BUNCH of different spirits screaming, yelling, and saying "Help Me". Note how calm the boys are during this. They did not hear a thing.

This was recorded on the first floor, past the stairs with the doors on the right. I feel bad for them, as you will hear, they are still insane. The reason that I am sharing this one is because this is the longest EVP that we have ever recorded. Send me comments.

If anyone lives in Ohio, I can tell you where this place is located. I have contacted 2 different paranormal groups to investigate this, but so far no takers. I enjoy doing EVP's only. If anyone out there would know how to help these poor souls, let me know, or I can tell you the location. I do feel bad for them, as they lived Insane and have been "Insane Dead" for the last 70 to 100 years!

One more thing, I have recorded in Lunatic house since then (day time only because it is off limits at night). I have heard a few things but nothing like this one.

Other hauntings by EVPResearcher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EVPResearcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Twilight1011 (9 stories) (318 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Why is all the evps that you've posted, no longer available to listen to now? I've looked under your other one's that you posted, and it says the same thing as well. I was really wanting to hear them! Not sure if you took them off now, or what. But if you could please reshare them!? Granted these are all old post. So hopefully you'll see this message
Kaite (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-13)
the video is gone 😠 😭
I really really wwanted to watch it 😢: (: (: (: (
mjames (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Am I the only one who could hear a girl screaming, "What are you DOING?" It is towards the end just before the loud voice comes in.
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
i could not hear anything and I was realy exited to listin to this... Nothing is clear enough to make out 😭
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
Oh my!
That is really scary, sad, and just plan creepy. I feel so bad for those poor people who had to enduer that kind of "help" as they people working for the country home would have said.
Very sad 😢
GIRLIE 😢
mitch0o (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Am I the only one unable to heard anything clairly? 😢... Huh, don't know what to think
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Okay, I've been in a madhouse and it's not what it's made out to be. Not everyone's a poor tortured soul, in fact no one is.
It's just media and this type of thing that leads you on to think madhouses are some special ghostly places where everyone is scary mad and have incredibly powerful negative emotions and when they die their spirits will haunt the place for hundreds of years screaming "help", "get me out of here" and other rubbish.
A very stupid stereotype.

I thought it was a rather jolly place where you can go and take some time off and chill.
Gemmie (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Oh my gosh... This is incredible. I hope in future somebody comes along who can help those unfortunate souls.

As someone who's newly interested in the paranormal and still unsure what to believe, I expected to hear nothing, or a clearly faked voice or something. This completely blew my mind. Thankyou so much for sharing 😊
mackaygirl21 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Ok I have seen and heard a lot of scary things in my life but this creeped me out
ReenBoogPerd (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
That was super freaky but cool at the same time. I could hear "help me" "no" "get me out of here" and "no no". It's realy cool! 😊
Brenna (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
I could hear something, but not alot. I would sometimes hear a loud sound like "Help me" but nothing too clear.
Fred_Figglehorn_fan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Well I heared something but I couldn't quite hear what was being said but I feel bad for those poor ghost 😭
xxkillerkaylaxx (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
wow that was really creepy I could hear some voices really clear some were slurred though anyways really cool 😊
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
Wow! This is pretty amazing! Definitely spooky, it's horrible to think of all of those people who are trapped between worlds. It looks like you have inspired many to learn more about EVPs, kudos and thanks for sharing!
Miss_Cannabis (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
This is a phenomenal EVP you have here. Very creepy. I had to go turn on a light after hearing this lol. But I would love to visit this place one day and take some pictures. And I also have a question: How exactly to you record EVP's? I would like to start getting into it.
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
wow, some of the voices were clear, and I could hear a "HELP ME", and a, "DIE". That was scarry! 😨
scottish-rottie (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
that was scary, but I kind of made a big mistake, my friends little kid was stayin with me and he walked in and diddnt make a noise by which time the video was ending so he was scared out his wits, pluss I have a scary house.
How do you find all these? 😕
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
adullin - A bunch of screams, nos, and help mes. Bowling Green Ohio is the location
adullin (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
what did it say and where is it I live in ohio thank you...
That wasw very scary but it also seems like they are talikng
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
wow, poor souls.
This is an incredible EVP, Except from the various yells and cries you definatly can hear seperate, different voices. Great post,
Thanks for sharing it
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
hey I couldn't watch the video, computer don't like me much, I was woundering can you send the evps to my email address (on my account) so I may watch it, I would really like to help the souls.
Im kind of like you, ghost hunter but I'm on my own and I don't have any equipment I just listen and talk to them.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
It doesn't scare me I just feel bad for them that's all. I see ghosts a lot and hear them. Thanks for sharing it with us. I don't know why it would scare a kid though. I'm 17 years old.
Thebeliverofdemons (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
ok I heard "TURN IT OFF...NOW" and "DiE" like that. Omg that's horrifying though. I feel bad for the souls that are dead
Morticia (6 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
I can hear the "No", "Help me", the screams and "Get me out of here!"...these souls are still so tormented, it makes you wonder when healing will ever happen! I will light a candle & meditate for them to find sanity & peace. Thanks for posting your EVP's - I'm wanting to learn about this myself.:)

Blessed be.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Thats neat. Scary, to know that all that was being said, before even saying anything. Its sad though, the history of the place still resides there, re-living the moments they had gone through.
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Thats a really good one. I heard the "help me" "no" and at one point it sounded like "get me out of here" or "take me out of here" Pretty sad. Often people who were in these places and chained up weren't a danger to anyone but themselves. Someone who attempted suicide, for example, but survived would be commited and then chained up for months or even years/rest of life so that he wouldn't hurt hinself again. It sucks to think of people trapped like that after death, but maybe those sounds are just residual from what happened years ago.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
burning_flame87 - I taught my son how to do these. Therefore, you are correct. You ask a question, wait a bit then move or rotate, ask more questions, move again. We just try to cover ground. The interesting thing about this is that the hallway he recorded this in is only about 30 feet long!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Wow this one is scary. It actual does sound like screaming. I realy did like this evp. IO believe its the best one. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
I listened again to the EVP and this time I heard,"Help!" three times! People suffered in those times.It's really a shame that people that passed away long ago still, have to suffer.🤔Thanks,again. 😊
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
I like listening to EVP'S and that was interesting! I could hear a voice saying,"Help!" twice while listening to the EVP with ear phones. The rest sounded muffled.Thanks,for sharing your story and the EVP.😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: