You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Demons And Spirits And Non Believers

Real Ghost Stories

Demons And Spirits And Non Believers

 

I felt it was about time to share some of my experiences. I have had a lot of different experiences throughout my life, but I would like to start at the beginning, at least for me. I found out a couple of years ago my mother's grandmother would have people come over the house to deliver fortunes, meet with her, talk about god knows what. So I don't know if the things I have encountered were generational.

I lived in West Covina, California. My mother was a Real Estate Agent and my Father worked in the Union. Now the question I ask myself is why these bad things happen to people in general. But, I guess bad things, hate everybody the same.

I was about five or six years old. I had my own bedroom. I felt very relaxed in bed and finally fell asleep. When I awoke, it was around 3am or 4am; not sure, but my bedroom door was closed. I never left it closed and my parents knew to keep it open at all times. Another thing occurred; I felt a presence in the room, even though I could not see very much, I could sense something straight across the room, next to the closet. I ran to the door, something grabbed my leg and pulled me backwards. I reached out and held the door knob. I could not scream, so I just kicked and kicked legs flying everywhere. In my head I was calling help to God, still kicking I felt what ever it was let go of me.

I pulled open the door, ran into the hallway and turned on the lights.

I looked behind me inhaling air and breathing hard, nothing in sight.

I went into my parents' room and said "Someone Is In My Room"; my dad grabbed his 45 pistol from under the bed went into the room.

Later, he returned and said that nothing was there. The window with screen intact was wide open though, 2nd story so no intruder could get up there without a ladder. I slept with my parents that night. I was around 5 or 6 years old and that was the end of the peaceful nights for me, later I will share more stories, that detail strange events and undoubting proof. But that's how it started.

My question to experienced individuals would be WHY? Why do you think at such a young age, what was the purpose. At that age I was a very generous, kind, understanding kid. Usually, people try to contact spirits, or get into some mischief to upset the ghosts. Has anyone here had these things happen to them at such a young age?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FinanceMajor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-19)
if you imagine the spirit world close to our level of existence as a grey and foggy wasteland, peopled by lost individuals who walk past others who they cannot perceive or see. Now imagine a lighthouse, throwing bright and wholesome light out through the fog and evincing life and security. People who are either conciously or just naturally sensative are like lighthouses or beacons to spirits; so few people can perceive them or see them so they tend to be drawn to such people, whether we like it or not!

I'm afraid you're probably such a sensative. Just so you know, the words or formulas you use; whether religious or not; don't matter to spirits, but the feeling with which they are spoken. As long as you believe in what you say and show no fear, they'll tend to leave you alone.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
I wouldn't say I had any experience like this as a young kid but from the age of 16 something did grab my arm at night, poke my ear etc. I'm 17 now but the spirits which touch me I can't see but the ones I see don't touch or speak. I don't know why they do it. Maybe for a game or maybe because there scared.
thehunter (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
praying had nothing to do with it as for why first thing people have away of climbing 2 storys I think it was just a person and again as for why and you being a good person first demons arent picky when it comes to us humans and second if you have a good soul it makes you even more apealing to them that being said I still don't think it was a demon praying does almost nothing latin works but not all the time if you truley believe it was what you think it was then start studying latin and learn a little about the4se things
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
Young children can be attacked at an early age. These things happen, expectingly so for spiritually sensitive people. You did the right thing by praying.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi FinanceMajor. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I wouldn't say this was an evil thing you went through. Do spirits haunt children? I donnt think so.Well, you don't hear it all the time. But they usually communicate with children.Why?Its easier for the spirits to communicate with them. That is why I believe you felt the presence. It for sure was a scary experience but I wouldn't be mad at it. I guess something wanted to contact you. To bad it wasn't a happier experience. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Demons make it a thing to seek to enter the lives of people at a young age. They can either enter through severe trauma as a child which will develop into a troublesome, sinful life, or at times, they will try to get young children to sign a pact with them. This way, they have your soul as soon as possible.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Whoa! That must have been one heck of an experience! It was really strange when "it" pulled your leg! I would have been scared out of my wits! Thanks for sharing this story with us!

Biemaster
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Kinda makes me wonder how many of us adults might've had experiences when we were children that were neither confirmed nor denied by adults at the time.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
I don't know why children are privy to what most adults will never experience when it comes to the paranormal. Sometimes kids get more scared than adults and other times they seem fearless compared to adults. I think children are just easier to reach for communication being they are not as jaded as grownups. Unfortunately kids are rarely believed by adults. It's always chalked up to nightmares or imagination. Maybe you had an honest to goodness encounter and you might be sensitive, so this may not be your last encounter.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
I thought we were the first family to live in that house. I have always wondered if ghosts are restained to a certain location or can they basically move around the world as they like. Do they have constraints or are they territorial.

If they run into any ghosts is it a fight between the two or do they join forces.

The more we ask these questions, it almost seems as if those questions only mulitiply into new questions.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Dear FinanceMajor,

Well, I believe the ghost allowed you to feel its prescence since ghosts usually preffer to haunt younger children or communicate with them. It is also known that children and animals are more sensitive to ghostly activities than adult humans.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
RayneFalls1986 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Goodness gracious, that is strange *shudders* I can't really provide any insight as to why a spirit might do such a thing. I had a ghost when I was young that would push me out of my chair at dinnertime, but it never meant me any harm. Had you just moved into that room? If so, perhaps the previous inhabitant of the room wanted you out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: