You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mirror Mirror On The Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Mirror Mirror On The Wall

 

Hi to everyone. I'm new here and I'm not that good in telling stories. And it's not my story either-it's my Grandmother's.

One morning (6:00am) in our house in Quezon City, my Grandmother is already awake. As she always does, she goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth, take a bath and everything.

On this occasion, after she brushed her teeth she looked at the mirror on the wall to see if her teeth are clean and she got shocked from what she saw in the mirror... She saw a Lady dressed in black wearing black lipstick and covered with blood. She had untidy hair and she was slamming the door.

Grandma closed her eyes and started thinking that when she opens her eyes the lady might disappear but when she looked back the lady was still there!

Then my grandmother started praying to our Father and the Lady in Black started praying to our Father TOO making fun of my grandma.

My Grand Mother passed out in the bathroom because she was so scared. After we saw our grandmother lying down on the bathroom we took her to her bed and later, she woke up.

She told us what happened after hearing her story. We then locked that comfort room until it was blessed. But still, after it has been blessed, I refuse to go in there no matter what!

Hope You Enjoy My Story Thanks For Reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SteveO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aubrey (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
I think its really freaky when a ghost says the prayer with you. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
xxXEllaXxx (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
thats really creepy it must have been so scary for her has she ever seen her again or was it only that one time?

Much Love Ella <3 xoxo ๐Ÿ˜•
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
I agree with the other comments, this is a common story to be heard here in th Philippines with different angles and versions. But what we should remember is that the prayer your grandmother has prayed is also a common prayer. Meaning, even a ghost can pray same prayer since most spirits are also formerly human. That's why its advisable that if you do encounter or face a ghost/spirit/entity, it might be a good idea to pray a prayer of your own. Praying the prayers we have grown up with (The Lord's Prayer, Hail Mary, Glory Be, etc.) is a good idea as these prayers may ward off evil, but of course, that does not mean that these spirits do not know the prayers as well.
mean_jolene (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
I heard a story like that before but from a college student of this popular university. Like your grandmother, she also saw that lady but not in the mirrors but beside her bed when she woke up late at night. She also started praying Our Father and the same thing, this lady started praying and keep repeating everything she says. On the story, the girl lost her sanity because of that.
Shinobi_Enryu (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Wow, I've always had an errie feeling when it comes to mirrors. You never know when something will pop it when it's not supposed to! That's a good story, it sure gave me chills alright!
rayne613 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
nice one... I hate looking on the mirror during the night time because it seems so scary...
Luv it... ๐Ÿ˜Š
scoobydoo06 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
have heard of this story with different versions of it... I'm not saying its not true though...
guiaeleinvelasco (3 posts)
-2
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
๐Ÿ˜•
I've heard about this story... And it's not actually right... I heard it was a librarian on UP who was about to go home when she saw a NUN walking towards her...& it was floating! It is actually the same... Sorry if I offended you... But I'm just saying
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
SteveO,
Please do not misunderstand, I did not mean to imply that your Grandmother had lied. I would never suggest such a thing. I was offering my suggestion that purhaps it was in a mimic. I thought I had explained that out, but appearantly I am having issues making my thoughts clear.
What I meant was that PERHAPS it was more a mimic, but PERCIEVED as mocking. You point out that she was covered in blood, and wearing the black make-up, but did your Grandmother describe to you the expresions? Please believe that I meant no harm, and did not intend to imply that she was lying. That was my furthest thought. I was merely trying to think of another angle, and to THINK THROUGH this experience to maybe come up with WHY she showed up there.
I am very sorry for the misinterpretation of my thoughts. And for the misrepresentation of them.
Thank you.
SteveO (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
White Buff... Yeah Your Right only She can tell about what really happened... But why would my grandmother lie? She's not a troublemaker... That incident cause us a lot of trouble... My Granny would never do that... As for everyone I don't know what's the history of that house... It was a 40 years old house... So I don't have any idea. None of that happened again since it was blessed fortunately ๐Ÿ˜† Lol Mustang I was born and raised in that house... What ever the answer is I really don't want to Know ahahahah. And I really enjoyed reading Ghost Stories that's why I hope you guys enjoyed reading it... When I have spare time I would share my Ghost Experience:) thanks:)
9samo9 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
wow steve0
That is so freaky that I would like be very scaredif that happened to me that is scary holly smokes
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Excuse me please, SteveO, someone has asked for clarification of me that I would like to address.

Hello, Not_scared_anymore.
You, of course are absolutely correct. A person CAN decipher if someone is mocking, mimicking or mirroring THEM. This is a second or third hand story. This was passed down from Grandmother to Mother to Child (Or from Grandmother to grandchild). A LOT of time has passed in the interim, and fear can make the perception of a situation seem to be a bit different than the actual experience. Especially when the experience was not your own.
I am sure you have had an experience that you heard someone ELSE relate to someone. There are minor details to the story (Sometimes major ones too) that have changed. Sometimes those changes create a different story, sometimes it stays the same.
When we are young we like to play "recorder". A friend will say something, we repeat it. We keep doing this for as long as the other does not get angry with us and yell at us to stop it. **SOMETIMES we push the envelope, so to speak, and keep going making them more angry. Then someone else has to step in and diffuse the situation.
This game STARTS OUT as MIMMICKING and more often than not, turns INTO mocking.
Do you see where I am going with this?
It is all in PERCEPTION.
That is why I also wrote that "No one can tell you with complete accuracy what your grandmother saw". Truly, only SHE can. And only SHE, with correct reflection of the situation determine if it was mocking or mimicking.

As for your question to me.
Personal experience has fueled much research and schooling. First and foremost: The Great Spirit has granted me a gift.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
HJi SteveO. I realy enjoyed reading your story. I wonder who this lady was? Some say it was wiccan others something else but honestly who knows? Who ever it was it was a spirit who was trapped in this world. Was she evil? Its hard to say. If someone wears black lipstick I wouldn't judge anybody. I just wonder who she was. Did anything ever happen later? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Grinder (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
As a Wiccan myself I can say with conviction that what was seen in the mirror was NOT a Wiccan. We may not worship the Christian God, but we certainly don't mock, tease, or purposefully try to frighten or hurt those that do. We tend to respect people of any faith, just as we want to be respected ourselves. But I'll digress...

Back to SteveO's story... Very interesting. It gave me a chill that usually tells me that this, indeed, really did happen. It sounds like the entity certainly was mad about something. If it only happened the one time, then it could have just been passing through. Hard to say without knowing some of the history of the building.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi SteveO. Has there ever been any other paranormal activity in this house? How long have you or your family lived there? Has anything happened since this incident? I really don't know what to make of this story, especially when the author says,"I Hope You Enjoy My Story Thanks For Reading..."
I wouldn't think it was enjoyable at all if I were you and living in that house. I think I would be REALLY searching for answers. ๐Ÿค”
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Wow that is a pretty scary story steveo. How are you now? Did anything else happen? You did a good job writing this story.

As for a Wiccan? NOT Katona. Sounds like an evil spirit to me.
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
really love all your comments though and stories Whitebuffallo ๐Ÿ˜Š

How did you get to be so wise on these other wordly things?
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
what exactly would slamming of the door mean? Trying to get your grandmothers attention? ๐Ÿ˜•

Whitebuffallo I don't think this "thing" was mimicking SteveO's grandmother... I think one can distinguish clearly between mocking and mimicking.

But hey... That's just my 2cents worth
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hmmm.
No, I do not think you should think this was a Wiccan coming to visit, I can really think of no reason for an unannounced sighting of a ghostly worshipper, unless she herself was of The Way. Also, I have never experienced a Wiccan "mocking" the prayer of another, no matter WHAT their affiliation. "And Harm None..."
I also do not think she was a demon. Great Caesar's Ghost, if every ghost that showed themselves in a less than clear way was actually a demon, this entire WORLD would be damned.
Devil worshippers do not tend to wear black make up and clothing to identify themselves. To be completely honest with you, you could be sitting next to one at the bus depot and never realise it as they were talking with you about Creation.

SOMETIMES when ghosts are visible, their appearance is a bit muted. The color purple, for example may look black. As well as Red, if it is a DEEP red. The rest of the vision may seem clear, but the colors may not come through.
Think about it. People talk about seeing Shadow People all the time. All that THEY are MAY be a ghost without enough energy to manifest itself. As MOST shadows are grey or black, they are SOMETIMES perceived as being evil. Not so. Not ALL are. Just as not all LIVING are evil.
Perhaps, and this is just a thought, (No one can tell you with complete accuracy what your grandmother saw, as we are talking about the sector of the world that is still widely misunderstood, and Unknown) this Being could not fully burst out with color. MAYBE black was perceived as black is: The absence of color. Just as white is the accumulation of ALL color.
Research. I would be interested in knowing why she felt she must MIMIC your grandmother. I feel that she was "mirroring" her, and NOT mocking.
Thank you.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
oh wow, that's really shocking! I think it was a evil ghost! Since she was dressed in Black and wearing Black lipstick! Be careful it might be a demon.

God Bless โค
Dory!
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Dear SteveO,

You're story gave me quite a fright; it is true that our country has many ghosts and ghouls and it is sad that that is our situation. Likely, the woman was a malevolent spirit, a demon perhaps. Was there any demon worship in your house by the previous owner? Did you look into the history of the house? Was there a portal in the area? Did the spirit come back?

Thank you for posting your frightening and terryfying story and sharing it with us. Keep us posted, if you don't mind. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
And they don't go round scaring innocent folks in their bathrooms dressed in black and blood... Google it! ๐Ÿ˜
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Freaky story SteveO... And this isn't something your gran would make up...
I really wonder why that "thing" (for a lack of a better word) would target her... And just out of the blue...mmmh
Did you have any other incidents?
Have you seen "it" again?

Oh and Katona wiccans are actually "real" people. Not ghosts or demons ๐Ÿ˜
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Katona, my dearest, why would you think an almost evil depiction of a spirit could be a wiccan when you then say you don't really know what a wiccan is. It's like saying "I think it is a ghost but I don't know what a ghost is!"

How will that be helpful to the poster?

Wiccans are not dead spirits in black clothes and black lipstick!
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
-2
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
I believe that the woman in black could have been a wiccan, but I have no Idea what wicca people do so I am not sure. But I believe that this story is very cool so yeah.

Katona1700s โค
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Sound like snow white's stepmother the evil queen... But that sure is scarey...
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
I thought you did a fine job of telling the story and I admit it was pretty freaky.
I have read a few stories about people seeing things in mirrors and it never fails to give me the chills. Thanks for sharing.
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Liked your story pretty scary. Thanks for sharing it. If you ever want to talk or contact me my e-mail address is Leal.esmeralda [at] yahoo.com okay. I have some ghost stories I will share with you if you want okay. ๐Ÿ˜Š
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Wow. Kind of sounds like some thing trying to shake her faith in god, if it mocked her prayer. Has anything happened after having it blessed?
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hey thanks for sharing your story... Was this the first and the last time that this happened? Have you or her experienced any more sightings like this?...Maybe your place has a history to it... If possible do try to find it out!...Tc...๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: