You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Frame In The Upper Corridor

Real Ghost Stories

The Frame In The Upper Corridor

 

As I had said in my first story, most of the happenings in our house happened around me and in the bedroom I used to sleep in and also the upper floor corridor.

Recently I realised that my 13 year old sister, who now owns the bedroom I used to sleep in, is afraid to go into her room because she's scared of it she says. She frequently sleeps with my parents and it's only when I agree to accompany her that she decides to sleep in her bedroom but for her to go into that room alone at night is out of question. Poor man, dad has to sleep in it alone.

What I will write about this time is another of my experiences round our house. There's this medium sized frame in the upper corridor. In it there's a picture of my mum receiving a prize as she had again won a flower arranging competition. Funnily enough, when I look at this picture I always pull back as what I see is an ugly face of a decaying woman. Each time I look at it, the face of the woman looks back.

Practically I know what the picture consists of because I remember mum putting it there, not because I see what's in it. How is that? And why is it that it's only me who sees this strange face?

Sometimes I am really skeptic and think I imagine things but then stuff happens that scares me out of my wits. Am I imagining or is it true?

Other hauntings by osyka

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, osyka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Curiosity DOES have a very strong pull. I guess that is why cats have to have nine lives in order for the survival of their species. 😊
The reason that I suggested looking into the frame at different heights is that I recently did an experiment after reading one of the stories posted here. And in that experiment I discovered that my reflection looks very different in the glass of my window with a variety of types of lights in the background. Also, the different angles that were tried gave it a different look. At one point I may have gotten a visual of what I MAY look like in sixty years (not a pretty sight, I might add). Just a suggestion that may help calm your nerves over the photo.
Thank you.
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hi whitebuffalo,

No for sure it's not my reflection, I don't know how to explain it but what I see is not my face. It's like a greyish/white face of a woman. I thought of it being an optical illusion and nowadays I avoid looking at the picture, even though sometimes it pulls me towards it but that's probably my subconsious.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I really hate to say this, but there is a possibility that the visualization of the decaying womans face is actually your reflection mutated by the lighting in the hall. Perhaps you are just the right height, at the right angle to make this optical illusion. At times, these illusions look and FEEL like the "real deal".
I would experiment. I would stand on a book, a small footstool, the lowest step on a step ladder, not things too high, and look into the frame. See if the vision changes for you. If you can rule that out, I thing I would be looking at trying to find a link of a woman and the home.
Thank you.
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
hi All,

Thanks for your comments, well on readng I decided to answer some questons. The house we live in is about 16 years old and dad built it from scratch, plus on the ground I don't know of anything being here before. My sister doesn't know of anything I feel or hear.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi and Thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I heard of different ways of communication with spirits but this one is allways wierd for me. I know that it has been used for many years but still it is so difficult fore me to understand this type of communication. I guess if I never try it I will never know. I agree with Automn on this one. If the spirit has left don't invite it. If its gone let it be gons. PS KISHOS comment to Bette31 is THE BEST! I'm still laughing. I don't want to be mean but I actually love this comment. If posts would be in a category I guess this one would be number one 😆 I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Morticia (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Osyka ~ I was wondering if you know the history of the actual frame your Mum's picture is in? Is it newish or does it have some age?

Sometimes, as in psychometry, it is quite possible for an object to retain the residual image or energy of a previous owner.

When you see this image, is it in the actual photo or a reflection in the glass? Are you aware of any presence behind you when you look?

Perhaps this old lady's portrait hung in the same spot if the house is old?

I would be taking the picture outside into the sunlight & fresh air for a cleansing and also smudge that bedroom with some sage/strong incense to gently move on any stale energies...

Maybe place some clear quartz crystals around or hang some chimes near the window -this dissipates staleness/heavy vibes really well. I expect you know all this already. The most important thing, is to not be afraid, try not to feed fear - you are far more vibrant than any spook and they know it.

I sometimes think that the "scary faces" we see in things, is just a way of getting us to rise above it and prepare for more important spiritual development being of service to others.

Blessed be.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear osyka,

I agree with Mustang, your bedroom, God forbid, could have a portal, serving as a passage way for lost souls and demons. Therefore infesting your entire house including the portraits with the deceased. Can you take a picture and post it in your story? That will be much appreciated.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hi osyka. Maybe your bedroom is a portal. OR, maybe your sister is scared of your old bedroom because of the stories you have told her. As for the picture, that could be anything from the distance and the way you are looking at the picture or it could be something entirely different from anything logical. Is the floral arrangement in the middle, between your mum and the man? The reason why I'm asking is because maybe at the distance and angle you are looking at the photo, the color of the floral arrangement and your mum could somewhat blurr together making it appear to look like a decaying face. Not sure unless I saw the photo. I really have no idea why you are seeing this horrific image.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
osyka (7 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Thankyou all guys for your comments... Well I see the image of the woman in the middle between my mum and the man handing her the winning thropy. And I see it from about a feet away.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
It depends on if you are far away or close, and if you are staring at it straight or just casting a glance. But I do believe that you arent seeing things if you are close and staring at it, but I would be to scared to even look at it if I were you. I only have a little bit of help for you, If you see the lady again have enough courage to ask her what she wants and leave you alone. I hope you write more.

Katona1700s ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
I wonder 😕 was a curse? That can be in a picture or something old picture is it?
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
I sort of hate portraits and paintings... Freak me out...

Good story though, keep us informed of anything unusual!:D

Bette, it's just a technical difficulty, it is not a demon... >.>"

A php error, it means that your query failed.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hi Bette, I didn't see that under your comment but it happened to me a few days ago. I have no idea what it means.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Osyka, are you seeing the decaying face in place of your mom's? Or somewhere else in the picture?

Bette31, it's possible that there are demons attempting to take over your body through your computer, and the warning is from a guardian spirit.

Of course it's also possible that the server's sql database is just acting up, in which case, shrug your shoulders and refresh the window, it'll clear itself up eventually.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
I GOT IT!

Warning:mysql_fetch_array ():supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in/home/content/g/h/o/ghoststories/html/include/functions_comments.php on line 11
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Now it is completely gone! It said something to the effect of:

WARNING: spu/whe/blah is not a

I don't even know what it said now, all I know is that it was there at the end of the story (2) of them. When I just checked to see if someone could shed some light on this for me, rhodes had posted and it was in her comment as well. When I just made my last post, it all went away.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Unless you are pulling my chain rhodes, just look at my post and your reply to my post. Am I trapped in another oddly similar universe? If I am, that would explain a lot! 😁
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
What warnings bette at the end of this story? Are you seeing something I don't see?
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
As I don't have a comment on this story, I would like for someone to enlighten me as to what the 2 warnings at the end of the story mean. I have never seen these in any other story that I have read here. I don't want to sound dumb, just curious!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: