We wish you a scary Halloween!

You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Green House

Real Ghost Stories

The Green House

 

This happened to me, when I was seven years old. Here in my country, we have a rich folklore. Mainly, all stories and myths happen to be with encounters with the dead and demons. I didn't believe in these things, until I moved to the green house.

In the beginning, everything was normal, although, I had a bad sense about the house. When I was alone, I felt that someone or something was looking me, but I saw no one. Other common things in this house, was to feel sudden changes in temperature.

I really never minded, until one night. I woke up from a nightmare. I was sweating and I had a lot of thirst so I went to the kitchen to get some water. This house connected all the rooms with one single hallway or corridor. As soon as I got my self out of the room I felt this strange feeling of being seen plus the sudden drop of temperature.

I got really scared and then I fixed my view to the end of the hallway where I saw a dark figure which slowly moves towards me. I was creeped out! I knew this wasn't my sister, because, she was still a baby. I ran as fast as possible to my parent's room.

Days and weeks passed since that night. I started to loose fear of the specter. At this time I began to sleep with my door closed. One night, I woke up from a nightmare. In my dreams I felt as if a rotting body pulled my feet to drag me under the bed. When I woke up I thought I heard the sound of nails scratching my door, in fact the noise was so hard it completely made me wake up. I hid under the covers. After a few minutes the sound stopped, but I was so scared I couldn't sleep for the whole night.

Two months after this last experience, we moved from that house, thanks to those experiences I started to believe and comprehend that the world we see is just very small, out there strange things happen, and there are worlds we can't see.

Other hauntings by Carlos

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carlos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

12 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Don't do it, do not investigate. Yo soy de Guayaquil tambien y te digo: Fue una aparicion o un embrujo lo que mato al esposo de mi hermana, yo creci en la casa embrujada donde ocurrieron los eventos.
I'm from Guayaquil too and I'm telling you: It was a spectre or a witchcraft thing what killed my sister's husband.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Bienvenidos al sitio! That was a very scary story. How old are you now? No sabes la historia de la casa? Que dios lo bengida a usted, igualmente. ❤ Jasmin
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Excuse the interruption Carlos-great story by the way, thanks for sharing!

TheUnknown: Thank you so much for explaining Mustang's comment but would you please consider re-reading what she told the poster?
Carlos (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Dont worry, I have already submitted another story, you will be hearing from me sooner than what you spect. Thanks for reading and commenting,
Carlos (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Thanks to all of you, nice to have such many friends reccomending things to me, to everyone, DIOS LOS BENDIGA A TODOS USTEDES
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
That sure sounds like a scary experience. I actually wouldn't want to go through something like that. Thanks for sharring this story with us. Good thing you don't live there anymore. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Whoa, pretty freaky story, made me have goosebumps, especially the scratching part... Eerie! ><"

Well, just have cross in your room, I do and a picture of Fatima. I have both, but they are necklaces. I hang them up, one on the wall and one on my computer desk.

For some reason, when I'm on my computer and I feel scared, I look at my necklace and I feel all calm. Weird;P But I like it.

Take care of yourself and don't let this thing get to you. If you feel scared, listen to music and put your head under the covers, this way you don't hear noises, you're completely ignoring and thus eventually you forget about it.

Your joy and happiness is the demon's demise.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
If this was a once and done deal while living in that house I would say you are lucky. Some places are haunted and some people are haunted. I would rather the place being haunted because at least then they don't follow you, they stay where they are. Maybe you are sensitive. If this is the case I hope you learn to deal with your gift/curse because I don't think hiding under covers will always cut it.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Luckily you moved out of the house,Carlos.The spirit, as mustang have explained, is one deadly spirit, who seeks vengeance on who had killed him. Whatever you do,don't go back into that house, Its is too dangerous to return if I were you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Hi Carlos. I do not think that the black figure was necessarily someone who was murdered in or around the house. It could have been passing through or someone who used to live there. Who really knows for sure. I think the nightmares had to do with being frightened badly by this black figure, and it caused you to have nightmares. It's possible that the scratching noises were from this entity. It's also possible that after that incident you had in the kitchen, anything you heard in the night would make you think it was a ghost. Did you have any other run in's with the black figure? Do you know the history of the home or the land?

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Carlos (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Thanks for your comments, I am now using this commnt, to clarify wy the house has tahat name. I live in Quito (capital city of Ecuador) I used to live on a small bock of houses, this house got its name because is the only green house in the hole block, there is where the house gets is name as the green house, everyone calls it like that. Thanks to everyone who read my story, I hope you like it, yes, I will publish more stories, I got more paranoral experiences since this one. Good theories, perhaps the ghost was a victim of murder.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
That sure is scary but good story and I use to cover myself up too from that things it might be a murder or whatever reason why this thing is at that green house...
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Good story Carlos. But Belive3368, I recently had a haunting and hid under the covers. It didn't stop haunting me even though I did that. It finally came into the room after the second night.
BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Wow, that's scary! You did a good thing of hiding under your covers because that makes the ghost think your ignoring it. If you ignore a ghost, they will eventually stop.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: