You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Afraid To Open Back Up

Real Ghost Stories

Afraid To Open Back Up

 

Since I was a child I have been visited by ghosts. The earliest one I can remember was when I was 7. We were living in Colorado and I shared a room with my sister. One night I saw a strange woman in my room, I remember a feeling of ill ease and I saw her carry a child out the window. It turns out that a couple years before we moved there, a woman had killed herself and her toddler.

I have been visited frequently by an entity that I call the Lavender Lady. I have never seen her but I smell her lavender perfume and get a strong sense of a woman from the 1920s who is in her early 30s.

The most upsetting incident was last year at work. I was working at a Vet office that was in a building that was only 10 years old. There was a counter where we kept the dog dishes and it was in a room with no windows and the doors were shut. I was standing in front of the door with my back to the counter when a dish hit me in the back and clattered to the floor. I spun around and when I saw no one was there I took off through the door. I later went back and tried to recreate the circumstances to see if it was something that could be explained. No matter how hard I tried, the dish would not fly (or even fall) off the table.

I am deathly afraid of seeing ghosts, and the more I become afraid of them, the less I seem to have the strange encounters. I haven't felt the Lavender Lady in almost a year.

Any ideas how I can open my mind back up to these beings?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, needhelp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GrimmWolf (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
i think that anyone who wants to open up or close down, needs to first learn to close down in order to help control the experiance. I hear to often about people opening up and getting far more then they wanted. Learn meditation techniques that will focus on controlling your sences. When I was younger I had opened my self up where mass murders where performed in the past. It was like swimming through polluted water, and had to shut down quickly. I didn't open up again for months.
Ghostjimmy (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Me too!I'm the most scared in our "ghost hunting organisation" and have experienced the less encounters with ghosts.It's natural. Fear closes the third eye. Think of it! 😨
Ghostjimmy (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
You shouldn't be afraid. These entities may want your help. Me and my friends have been having experiences since the 29th of January,2009.We decided that all these experiences wouldn't stop us by moving on with our lives. We don't fear them anymore. We decided to be a kind of ghost hunters trying to catch them on camera. We nearly had a seance but at the last second we decided not to do it. In our town we have many haunted places so whenever we have free time we visit them. I wouldn't recommend a seance to bring them back.But,you can just tell them to return orally. I know it's crazy standing in your house and talking to nobody but you should try it!
P.S.I'm sorry about my English but I'm from Greece!
Best wishes and take care ❤,
Ghostjimmy.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Don't be afraid it will take your fear to make it strong and pray for it. I get the books fall when sometimes come up.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Without walking in your shoes, I would guess fear has blocked your sight. Are you, by any chance, in California? If so, your city is quite busy with spirits, a very hefty history there. I would imagine it would not be hard to find those extra guests if you can control or rid yourself of the fear. No matter your motives, please walk that road with care?
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Needhelp--I don't know your motives and I make no judgments on your stated desire to open yourself up. Each of the previous individuals who have commented are experienced, and they give wise advice in suggesting a bit of self-examination is in order. I've always felt that when a person is given a gift, it's to use for the benefit of others. Gifts usually require work, sometimes suffering, and always responsibility. It may be a positive force is protecting you and using fear to keep a distance between you and the pursuit of more. A yoga or practice of meditation could help you take the next step in your discovery. We appreciate your openness and candor. Be well.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
If you are "deathly afraid of seeing ghosts" as you say, then why would you want to open your mind back up to them? Just a thought, but maybe you could explore by going to the library and reading about this subject first. I can't see why you would want these experiences back in your life if you are frightened needhelp. If you read your comments from the moderators, they know more on this activity and are most helpful to us (including myself). Take care of yourself, Jude
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hello needhelp. Are you sure you want to open back up? Do you want the extra baggage that goes with it- the sleepless nights listening to voices, seeing "people" disappear before your eyes, having to grab your "protection" when an evil/negative energy rolls through, being the "oddball next door" that people shy away from or Being the go-to person on a ghost site<wink>. If this IS what you want then learn to control your fear. If you have a lot of fear you become LUNCH for a lot of entities out there. Read and study everything you can to gain knowledge. With knowledge comes power, with power comes confidence and control. You will need all of these.
Take care.

FRAWIN
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hello, needhelp.
I am just as curious as the next guy on why you want to "open yourself back up". The reason being that you clearly state that you are deathly afraid of seeing ghosts. If you are deathly afraid, in my opinion (and my opinion only) that is USUALLY a pretty good sign that there is SOMEthing about the situation that you are not totally prepared for. Would reading up on them help you through your fear? Sometimes added knowledge lessens the fear. I think I would try to work through that, BEFORE seeking more experiences.
Thank you.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
The lavender lady was probably a good spirit, but for the dish breaking it sounds like someone didn't want you there, like rhodes said only take precaution when you think you want to try to get more experiences, there is some experiences that aren't that bad and some that you will wish you never encountered. So please be careful in whatever you decide and do some researching before you go exploring. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
I think your mind is open to these encounters enough as it is. The Lavender Lady is no longer perceived because she may not be there any more. I wonder why you want to have these experiences intensified? Most times, they grow beyond our control so please reconsider that before you get more than you bargained for.

No offense intended.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: