You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dad's Return

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad's Return

 

This story is about my father who passed away 2005, please note that this is NOT recent. It was six o'clock in the morning, and my mother and I went to go drop off my grandmother at work. When we arrived back to our house, my mother went to sleep while I stayed in the living room. While I was starting to fall asleep I was thinking about my future trip to New Orleans in the summer.

Then I could hear the voice of my father who had past away a year before. It told me, "I heard you were going to New Orleans this summer..." I tried to wake up, but something was holding me down for about 5 minutes. I was squinting my eyes, and I said "Daddy", and suddenly it stopped.

I went running to my mother's room and screaming "I SPOKE TO DADDY!" My mother said "No you didn't stop lying..." I told my mother it was true and she finally believed me.

After that we called my Aunt Susan to tell her what had happened to me, and she told us that when she had got home from work something was giving her the urge to go down stairs, (my father used to live there after the divorce). My aunt was frightened and did not go because she could not believe it.

Then a few days after my brother Hassan had a dream and my father said to him " Take good care of Natasha and Tarik (he is my other brother)..." My father loved us so much and wants to keep us safe, but seeing and hearing him did scare me but now I am fine and I always feel my father is with me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Natashaax143, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sweet_girl (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Lovely story. It was so nice that your father came to say the final goodbye to you and tell that he would forever be looking over you all.

Thanks a lot for sharing. 😊❤

****Be Happy! Spread Smiles!****
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Hi Natasha and thanks for sharing your story. I don't believe your father's intention was to frighten you but, instead, to let you know that he's always going to be 'observing' your life and making sure you're safe and happy. It's obvious that true love is much stronger than death itself!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hi Natashaax143.

First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. It must hurt very much when a very close person of ours leaves us and goes away. I'm sure your father came to say his last goodbyes to you and your brother. It was very sweet when he said to your brother to take care of you and your other brother. That part touched my heart. Thanks a lot for sharing this story with us!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I am ver sorry for your loss. But you are right it was your father. He probably poped by to see how you are doing. He loves you all very much. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hello Natashaax143. There are few things in this world that never dies- a father's love for his children is one of them. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
lolita (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
i loved your story, something similar happened to my cousin with her dad, he spoke to her as well while she was trying to sleep, I wish this would happen to me with my dad, hope to hear more of your stories!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Is it not beautiful that the love we carry in our hearts for those we care for does not leave when we pass on? I truly believe that your Dad did not intend to frighten any of you. I do believe that he wanted you all to know that he will for always love and cherish your existence.
Thank you.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Loved your story, and it was a special thing, that your dad got to say goodbye, and the way he told your brother to take care of you, your mom and brother, I think he was just wanting to be sure ya'll were alright, and let you know that he loves you, and no matter where you are he'll always be with you. Thanks for the story. Hope to hear some more stories from you. 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Ah, I loved your story, thank you, Natashaax, for sharing. Reading it instigated my sharing the story of my own father saying goodbye and visiting us after his death. Treasure the memory. Your father must love you very much, even now. After all, the love does go with us when we leave.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
HI, wow what a cool story. I really liked it. Hope to hear from you again.
GIRLIE 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: