You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paranormal Activity In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Activity In My Bedroom

 

Where to start? I'm an optimistic when it comes to the paranormal, I'd like to believe that there's an afterlife. Nevertheless, my mam, on the other hand, believes that there's something, and my dad believes there's nothing. Often when the family is together we watch paranormal TV with medians and most haunted places just out of curiosity.

Something occurred today that scared me slightly. I'll set the scene. I was in my bedroom (medium size) no mirrors, bunk bed with a sofa underneath, television, laminate flooring. I just had the ceiling light on and was sitting on the bottom of the bunk (that slightly dark when you sit under it). I was browsing the internet on my laptop that I do on a regular basis within my room when suddenly I spotted a 'bright white circle' no bigger than a few centimeters in the corner of my eye, I quickly reacted and looked as natural instincts do. Before I could focus on it, it faded away. It seemed like it drifted a bit and faded out after a second, or two. At this point my ears went high pitched, as if someone got a TV running.

I was nervous and unsure so I banged down to my parents for reassurance. I waited a second and looked around the room anxiously whilst being paranoid. My eyes were drawn to the curtains, I noticed that they were slightly shimmering a bit as if someone had touched it. No draft in the room, window was closed and door was shut tight. At that point, I forced my laptop off and wanted to get out of the room. I looked in the reflection of my LCD TV (that was off) and I could see a reflection of a small glowing white light. I span the gaming chair around (that faces the TV) and there was nothing. I thought it was my mobile at first, that I left on the chair, and that someone had sent me a text and that the screen had lit up. In surprise, when I rotated the seat, there was nothing. I then recalled leaving my mobile downstairs, so obviously it wasn't the light from the mobile phone. At this point I didn't want to move, I just wanted to leave the room. I shouted down again to my parents and my mam came up the stairs promptly. She was concerned and asked me what was wrong, in a quick reply not thinking straight I replied, "Nothing." I didn't really know what to say. I left the room immediately and used the downstairs PC to ask for some advice.

The history of my house? Well, we're the second residents to live there. The original residents went to an old pensioner's home prior to us moving in, so no one has died here. We've lived in the house for thirteen years and haven't experienced anything paranormal. My grandma used to live with us for several years, in the room I experienced the strange light in. However there was an upset and she left us, and soon after she left us she past away with unfinished business and a lot of family upset.

The only past experience I've had within the house is when I've been ill. I remember waking up one night and feeling disorientated. I can remember earring a faint voice repeat itself saying jargon. I can't remember precisely what it said, but it wasn't my voice, neither was it a relative's voice. I remember having something like 'long vision' where everything appeared up close. Really a strange experience, however I've always placed it down to being ill or lack of sleep. This has happened about three times over a period of seven years or more.

I've been stressed lately, so I resort to my room to calm down and isolate myself away from everyone and the University and that's getting on top of me. I'm slightly afraid to stay in the room. I want to go back and see if it will happen again but I need courage. At the moment, I think I'll sleep in the spare room. Advice is much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lost_memory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lost_memory (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Thank you everyone for you're replys, nice to get a bit of satisfaction and reassuring advice in to my experience from experts.

Yesterday I decided to reenact what I was doing previously after reading some replys. I plucked up some confidence yesterday and reenacted the scenario, including the time, the place where I sat etc... Nothing happened. I was slightly nervous at first and then began to relax again and feel comfortable in my room once again.

It would be nice to know that there's someone looking over you, and that perhaps when you pass that there is something after death. The most closest of relatives of mine have past so it could explain my experience. Perhaps showing me that there is life after death? Who knows.

I've decided to go see a spiritualist one day and see if anyone has any messages for me, I'm also trying to encourage my dad to go as I know he and his mother has unfinished business to resolve.

I have to be honest, the experience has made me believe more.

I would like to thank you all again, I appreciate all the comments posted.

Kind Regards,
Lost.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hi Lost_memory and thanks for sharing your encounters with us!

I am definitely sure that whatever the light was, it didn't want to hurt you. I think it only wanted you to know that its there and present. The part about hearing a voice say something is strange but I think I know what it is. It may be your grandmother or any other entity comforting you while you are sick. You said it said "jargon" but it can also be another word in another language. Its just a thought, though. Thanks and hope to hearing from you again!

Biemaster
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I agree with whitebuffalo (she knows her stuff!)

If this was a paranormal experience, I'd brush it off. It didn't pose a threat. It was just a fluttering occurance, like two people passing in the street and making brief eye contact. It was simply an acknowledgment of each other.

Gary:)
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I believe I would get a complete physical and a through eye exam first and if everything checks out then I would look to the paranormal. Sometimes eye problems can make you see shapes and lights, they can also make stationery objects appear to move or shake. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Personally, I think I would start out by lighting a lavender incense in the room for a calming effect. It does rid a place of negative energies, and it leaves behind a pleasant scent.
The sight out of the corner of your eye can be anything from actually SEEING something that is actually there, to low blood sugar, high cholesterol, those types of things. So, unfortunately I can not really tell you what may have occurred there.
If the light you saw has NOTHING to do with the laptop, or the ceiling light reflecting off the laminate flooring and bouncing to the locations that you saw it in, I should think it is time to get a bit more optimistic about the paranormal.
Test things out. Do a few experiments to see if you can recreate the scene.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: