You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Call From Wake

Real Ghost Stories

The Call From Wake

 

This happened around 1970's, probably around 1974 while my mother was still pregnant with my older brother, during the wake of my grandmother, the mother of my father. I heard this story from my mom since she was there when this happened.

Giving you the background of my late grandmother, they said that she was very religious and very active in church. And being a mother of five children (all boys), she was "the perfect mother" for them.

Going back to the story, it was the third day of her wake. Everybody got so exhausted that they decided to go home from the funeral parlor leaving one of their relatives at the wake. As soon as they got home the phone rang. My uncle, eldest among the siblings who is a doctor, answered the phone. My mom said that she saw my uncle frowning and keeps on shouting, "Hello?" as he answered the phone. The next thing they heard from my uncle was, "Ma? Is that you?" My mom said that at that time they suddenly held hands with my dad and felt shivers in their spines. Then my uncle shouted again, "Ma!? Where are you?" My uncle said that the voice of grandma was so weak and faint. After my uncle hung up the phone, shocked, he said that it was our grandmother who called (he recognized the voice) and asked to light up the candle at her wake. They called up the funeral parlor and asked what had happened, but nobody answered. They hurriedly went back to the funeral parlor and saw that the relative who they left for the wake was sleeping. They lit up the candle and decided to stay.

What they believed was that my grandma already crossed the light, but after one year from her death, there was a church festivity, "Christ the King" where all of them supposed to join the procession. As lazy as they were, they decided not join. The next thing they saw is the cabinet of my grandma where she stored her porcelain glasses suddenly shake as if there was an earthquake, and the doors swinging uncontrollably and the glasses flew. They said it was our grandma who did that since they believe that she got angry because they did not join the procession.

I not sure how to explain that, and I can still see the cabinet now since my parents got to keep the cabinet. My other uncle doesn't have the guts to keep it. It feels weird though, to look into the mirror on the middle of the cabinet because if feels like there is a different world behind it.

There are other occasions in our house now, this house is owned by my grandparents, that we cannot explain. There are apparitions that I will post next time.

Other hauntings by mau

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mau, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
this is a late comment but pretty much what ChrisB said great read! ❤
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Pretty sad story...
It is very enlightening how some people could be so religious...:)
Thank you for sharing. God Bless.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
Thank you for sharring this great story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I believe that your grandmother didn't like the fact that your parents didn't go to church. I bet that is why she got mad. All she wants is the best for them. I hope they got the message 😁.I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: