You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Whispering Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Whispering Girl

 

It was a cold and chilly night when I was walking home from a party along a deserted road. There's this old church called the old Pink Church. There, people say that if you walk by it something will follow you. Well, I didn't exactly believe that story so I walked by. When all of a sudden, I felt someone staring at the back of my head and heard little foot steps walking along with mine. I was too scared to turn back and look who was there, but my gut told me to, so I did and saw no one. After walking a while, I heard a little humming coming from behind me. I didn't pay much attention to it and kept walking, but this time, a little faster. When all of a sudden, I heard the noise again. I picked up my pace a little more, faster when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I was scared and petrified that I ran all the way home. When I got home, I locked the doors and all the windows. I called for my mom to see if she was home and nobody answered. Just then I heard a loud pounding on the door. I then called out in a weak voice "Who is it?". Nobody answered, so I stayed where I was and after a while, ran up to my room and dashed into my covers.

After maybe about 10-15 minutes, I heard little foot steps walking around down stairs. I thought it was my mom so I got up and went to my door, but before I opened my door, I remembered that the front door never opened in the first place. Before I could get a chance to get back to my bed, the footsteps were outside my door and the door handle was turning. I could not move and all of a sudden, the door opened and there stood my pale looking mother in clothes that were either really bleached or just made that way. She said she has been calling my name but I didn't hear it. She told me to come with her and I said I wanted to get to bed early and she said all right.

When I felt that something fishy was going on, because my mother never wore white, I crept down the stairs to where I thought I heard her. But I found no one in the house with me or no trace of anyone being there. Later on that night, I told my mother and she said she has not been home since she left that morning. From then on I believed the story of being followed when you walk past the church.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Oh yeah, this happens. People hear about something & then they go 'test' it out. Then, oh man! It's Real. Stupid people.
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
I've heard of this before, but this isn't something that ghost do this is something that demons do, they pretend to be a loved one and they want you to follow them somewhere. That was a trick, you were lucky to not follow the demon. I have read about this stuff before.

Take care,

Walter 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
That is frightening. There is certainly something about old abandonen churches that can make the boold run cold.

Have you excpereinced any additional occurances?

God Bless!
mejophi (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Wow, great STORY! But, I must say it sounds more like a Ghostopra than a real account. It may be true... But most certainly embellished.
brennonmt (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-30)
Where was this in MT? Cause that's sounded like somewhere around zoo town to me
lisa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-04)
wow that's so freaky at least the hgost was nice. Do you have any more stories if you do please tell us.
Unknown (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
ignore it she will eventually go away if not tell "it" to go to the light.
Jodi Langan (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
DId the ghost ever show uop again?

It is very scary I wonder if you were scared.
pratishtha (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
this has happened to me... One night just 2 years ago... But I wasn't as lucky as you because the spirit took place of my aunt who died when I was 4 days old
delight007 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
That is creepy. In my culture it is said that ghost's are able to take on the shape and form of loved ones in order to lure you away. (And even imitate their voices in order to try and get you to come w/them.) I was always told stories about people and children that this happened to. All of the stories of course are from the old country It is kind of creepy to hear that it can actually happen here in N. America
silentoption (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-09)
your experience is one the creepiest one I ever read.

Did she ever showed up again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: