You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Nightmare or Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Nightmare or Ghost?

 

It's crazy to hear how many people have had this scary feeling happen to them while sleeping. I just had my second occurrence happen last night. I couldn't sleep and finally around 4:30 a.m., I started drowsing off when I felt something sit on the edge of my bed. I opened my eyes to see what it was and I realized I couldn't move and I got really scared and although I didn't see anything, I heard a man's voice tell me in my ear to "not fight". I was so scared and I was trying to hit him, but I could only move one hand. The more I tried to hit him, the heavier the pressure got on me. Then I finally got my other hand to move and I was trying to hit whatever was on top of me and then like nothing... it went away. I was so scared I couldn't stop crying or thinking about it. I've taken a psychology course where my professor explained that there is a term for this experience. It's called sleep paralysis... where your mind wakes up but your body hasn't fully and you experience these reactions. My mother has told me since I was little to never sleep with your arms across your chest because you would have nightmares. I swear it's true! It makes sense too.. I would think that the pressure and weight of your arms across your chest makes it harder for you to breathe while your sleeping and that in turn causes your mind to wake your body up the best way it knows how to... "nightmares".

I hope whoever reads this does not have to experience such a horrific feeling. God Bless!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

hasbro567 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
holy cow man. I had a horrible dream last night it was soooo trippy. And as I awoke from this strange land of evil cats and angry maids, my arms were feeling so strange. I have had ghosts in my house so I ruled the as the cause. Now I know the true reason. Thanks your a life saver:D
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
I have seen ghosts and heard voices they never hurt me though mine are nice. They shouldn't hurt you. Ghost do think your house is there house so that why you have to say in a nice voice please leave this is my home. You should talk to a priest. Get some holy water as well and someone told me to fill half a glass of it don't drink it put it at the side of your bed at night put it on a bed side table. Also got told to put salt on the walls. 😐
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
You should not have fought whatever it was, it seems to me that this is typical sleep paralysis, when it told you not to fight it may have not been trying to kill you, you trying to hit it probably startled and scared it away, I feel that if you didn't fight it would have most definitley taken advantage of you but it may not have ben scary atall, next time this happens, be prepared and don't lose your cool.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
Been through it many times. My best advice to you is never stop fighting. Scientist can call it what ever they want, and in a few cases that may be what it is. But I believe that there is more out there that can not be explained by science than they want to give credit for. If you read my story "sleep interupted" you can see about one of my experiences and how I dealt with it. You can find it under the ohio section of this site. Peace and God's love be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: