You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Long Pause

Real Ghost Stories

Long Pause

 

I know I haven't typed a story in a while but that's only because nothing interesting has been happening... Well not until 2 days ago.

It was Saturday, September 27th. I was at my friend's house and she had just recently bought an Ouija board. We had known to be careful with such delicate things so we tried to take good care of it.

So after a while of setting up, we finally sat together and put our fingers on the little thingy that moves around... (I just completely pulled a blank on what it's called). We waited a while and the thingy actually started moving. We asked it questions and it gave us answers.

"Who is this?"

"Abigail McNulty."

"How old were you when you died?"

"I was 11."

"How did you die?"

"***LONG PAUSE*** my father killed me."

After that my friend and I looked at each other like "what the heck?"

We stopped talking to the ghost for a little while and came back five minutes later. My friend and I had a discussion about whether or not we wanted to ask her anymore questions because my friend kind of flipped. So we put the Ouija board away safely and we hope to talk to that girl again in the near future.

Hopefully she'll remember us.

Until my next post, can some of you please give me some ideas on what else I should ask her? This is really exciting for me!

Other hauntings by poltergeistfan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, poltergeistfan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-05)
Rather than being a premonition, which is quite a chilling thought. Could it be a previous Abigail in that family? Sometimes names are re-used within a family. The living girl may be named after a relative that died.
Greer101 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
Hi poltergeistfan,
Yes it will all seem so very exciting for you! Just do keep in mind that like everyone else is saying - they do bring out the bad spirits and they can seriously mess you up. If your anything like me, you will purposly forget what everyone is telling you and play the game anyway! Thats all fine - just remember to open the session with something like "the session will only allow an experience that is positive or toward a higher good and that negative energies are not welcome." And when your done make sure you slide the planchette to 'GOODBYE' and remove your hands.
Hope this helps a little 😁
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
thank you so much YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil:]

I'll be sure to not let the game play me...
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
It's a demon wanting you to believe its an 11 year old girl, getting evidence on the girl how she died isn't going to change the fact its a demon pretending to be her.

A ouji board only brings fourth evil and/or trouble. From the momment the pointer or any signs of the game has replied, The game begins...

But yeah it's fun playing this game, just be in mind to play the game never let the game play you!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
As other people have said I would check out some information about this child. The internet can sure make life easier 😁.That sure was a scary story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
I would advise you to never use this thing again, as it may open a doorway to other unwanted entities, some may even pretend to be your loved ones who have passes away. Stay away from these things. God Bless
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Well, that kind of sucks. A little girl murdered by her father.
And uh, I don't think you're thinking what the moderator's thinking, if that makes any sense.
savypickles (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Well the only way to find out is to find more info about her could be a prediction but could be a little girl who died long ago... So have you used the board since?
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
wow amazing think, I'm actualy thinking that the spirit predicted somethign to you guys so maybe you can serarch! Maybe you can know if the grand daughter of that lady in the article is 11... Maybe shes still has to be killed! Omg!
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
oh whitebuffalo, I think I might be thinking what you're thinking. Do you think its really just coincidental?
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
wow... I never thought about the ouija boards about being too dangerous, but thanks to all of you that read my story and gave me advice. 😊
bones52 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
All I can really say is just be careful! I am only 13 but my cousin and I started useing an ouija board about a year ago, and some pretty creepy stuff has been happening. I suggest sprinkling salt all over the board and the planchette (the thing you put your fingers on.) It can protect you from any possible possession. Oh and one last bit of advice, If the planchette starts moving really fast from side to side or in circles STOP useing the board for a little while but make sure you say goodbye first!

Best of luck!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
It's said the ouija board is an easy route for low level spirits. Frankly I think it just depends on who is using the board and what questions they are asking. I don't know if the obit has any real correlation, that would take far more investigation. As far as asking the right questions, treat it as if you were interviewing a real person. What year were you born, where did you live, who are your parents, do you have any siblings, what school did you attend, and how did you die, when did you die, and where are your buried. If the information is not chaotic you may even be able to do some newspaper investigation to verify what is being told. If you are getting a lot of disjointed answers then chances are it's a low level spirit and best to let it alone not out of fear but just that the spirit can not give you any valid information. I don't know a proper way of using a board outside of asking for the protection of the Light of God while using it. I don't think of the board as a portal that can't be closed. There are spirits all around us so I don't think they are relegated to the use of a ouija board to make themselves known. It's just a tool. Same with automatic handwriting or using a pendulum, scrying or reading tea leaves or tarrot cards. All that is ancient history compared to emf detectors, thermal detectors, digital recorders and dvr recorders. Technology has helped so much with the science of paranormal investigation. Good hunting.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Oh, I just read through the obit again, Abigail (In that news article) is the Grandchild of Cecilia, but it makes no mention of ages (obviously).
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Yeah, COINCIDENTAL. A friend likes to say "there is no coincidence". Another shot for you, my friend. 😉
All I can add is, SHOULD I be thinking what I am, poltergeistfan?
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Just a thought---also could be viewed as a prediction, since the subject named is presumably alive.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
I overlooked the dateline of "2 days ago".
So I got off track thinking the deaths occurred years ago.
Savvpickles is right.
If the account is true it sounds like another Ouija board?!?!? Result.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
I am not sure, but I think Wildone was trying to point out that you could google the newspaper in the area and perhaps find an obituary for this young lady, savypickles.
I find it extremely coincidental that on September 27, 2008 (the same date as what the séance reportedly took place) this woman, Cecilia McNulty (same last name as the young lady in this story), passed away after a long illness. In the same article is mentioned the name of Abigail McNulty (same exact name as the young lady in the story who passed at 11 years of age), as a surviving relative of the woman who died.
Hmmm. You have me thinking, poltergeistfan.
SHOULD I be thinking what I am?
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Now that you open the portal, you have yourself an open invatation to anything that wants to come out of it. I can see this little girl coming to you again, however their is some evil waiting to come out and cause you more problems then you can handle. Not a wise choice to play with ouija boards.
savypickles (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
The obituary is for a recent death the lil girl cannot be *survived* by her if she is already dead...

And I agree with everyone else please please do not use a Quijia board again!
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Just read the Wildone post, which appeared while I was preparing my previous post.
Great! Now, there must be an info trail of some sort on the girl's name...
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
It occurs to mind that something might be discovered about this matter if the 2 of you do some investigative research into the name given.
If you do, it would be interesting to hear what you found.
Local history can probably be searched at the library using microfiche files if available. An online search might produce something as well.

I cannot offer you encouragement as to using the board again.
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
You may find this interesting. I goggled the girls supposed name and came up with a September 27, obituary for a Cecilia McNulty in the Lowell Sun. You are in Massachusetts, right? That is where the Newspaper is printed!
Http://www.legacy.com/lowellsun/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=118138183
One of her surviving granddaughters names is Abigail Katlyn McNulty, also of MA.
aramos (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
isn't it called a planchette? Well the the most important thing I can say if you "choose" to play with a ouija is to make sure you say "Goodbye" after every single session. Well that's what I've been told anyway.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Please take note of what Kim told you,poltergeistfan. Ouija boards are no games. Sending visitations out there is no game either. It may very well be fascinating to have "achieved communication" with the other side but it may also be wise to consider whether you know who you're talking to and who's listening.
There are other ways equally fascinating ways to explore the unknown. You don't need to invite it home with you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
In my opinion, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Ouijia boards.

I read in your story you said that you hope she will remember you? I would be more worried about what else may remember you when you go back? Ouijia boards can open portals the user may not even be aware of!

I do hope you followed the precise directions and closed the session.

I am not being overly dramatic, I have ahd an experience in this area.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: