You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Presence In Dorm Room At Uni

Real Ghost Stories

Presence In Dorm Room At Uni

 

My twin brother is deaf. We're both at Demonfort University in Leicester. UK.

It was around 1;50 am a few nights ago he came to my dorm room and told me he saw a shadow in the corner of his room, so I went down to check and found nothing. He insisted I stay with him, so I did overnight.

It was a few hours later I woke to the smell of fire. Found nothing, looked around. Went to go back to sleep and saw a misty figure standing over my brother... It totally freaked me out. I stood watching for a few seconds then I had a sense of severe fear come over me. It was then I noticed my brother was having an epileptic seizure. It was quite severe and he was in hospital for a few days after.

The night he returned to university, he stayed with me. I was woken up by my roommate Keir around a similar time. 1:56am was the time on the clock. My brother was having another seizure this time only lasting about a minute. All calmed down so we went back to sleep. Next morning I asked Keir why he woken me as he knows how to deal with my brothers seizures, he told me he saw a misty looking figure near the sofa where my brother was sleeping that night...

What was it we both saw? And why did it appear? I mentioned it to my brother and he only remembers coming to my room a few nights ago when he saw the shadow. Was it like a guardian or something?

Other hauntings by blayzeamyotte

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blayzeamyotte, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
I think that everyone who posted about the bond between twins is right. I have 2 coisin es who are twins and they keep saying that they know that if something is wrong with the other then they would know that. I don't think they feel anything but they just know. Thanks for this interesting story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
I am certain that the bond you share with your twin has a lot to do with the occurances. You feel them more keenly as does he., Wether the entity was sent to protect him or is a manifestation of this connection is hard to say. I would think from your story and your comments it is a guardian warning (or at least alerting) him and you of an up coming event.

Keep us posted shoul you have any more occurances.

God Bless!
TheSkeptic (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Perhaps the suggestion of him initially telling you that a "shadow" was in his room was powerful enough to trick your mind. Were there any lights on at the time or was the room pitch black?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I guess you could take this as a warning from a good entity or a bad entity causing the seizures. I don't know what to make of it.It's normal to feel fear when facing the unknown but that doesn't mean this entity is the negative kind. Could it be the spirit of the 3d child that was stillborn reaching out to his brother who is about to have a seizure? Guess anything is possible. Something is there because more than one of you saw it. One could investigate it or do a cleansing whichever feels more comfortable to you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Well It may be The Gurdian Angel or something eles that try to help him and warning ya'll that your brother will have seizures...
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Wow More people here believe in ghost who is deaf wow I can't believe that and I am glad I am not the only one here and email me when you get the chance thanks!
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
i don't blame him for not wanting to be alone in either room. It seems that whatever is there is causing him to have seizures. Talk to his roommate more about what he has seen amybe that will get a clue as to what is going on.
blayzeamyotte (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
we haven't personally but keir his roomate has experienced shadows while being alone in both his dorm and mine. My brother refuses to be alone in the rooms.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Trully amazing blayze. I look forward to reading more stories from you in the future 😊
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
That is the wonderful amazing things about twins. That they can experience things almost simaltaniously and the other realize that something is wrong. I am very sorry to hear that you had lost your other brother at the time that you guys were born. That is heartbreaking coming from a mothers stand point. Have you or your brother encountered this presence again lately?
blayzeamyotte (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
yes. Hes my twin. My grandad has shown us photos of us when we were born. I was the only girl, then there's aaron. Paulie was the baby who was stillborn. Come to you saying that, he was away once with his boyfreind in australia and had a car accident. At the time he crashed I couldn't move. I was in the uk at the time.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Is the brother in this story your twin? If this is the case then I think and it has been supported by science as well that twins share a very special bond and can sense when their other half is in agony or happy. There have been cases when twins knew their siblings were in desperate need for assistance and could trace them down through remote viewing or phychic communication.
blayzeamyotte (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
this isn't the first strange encounter I have had concerning my brother. It seems to happenaround times were apart more. Though my grandad told us that there was another baby born with us, the babay was stillborn being my brothers identical twin. Could that mean anything?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Then again, I have to wonder... If a spirit has so much energy that it can literally interfere with the physical world, why would it be THAT difficult to have a less sensitive person see and hear? I'm just thinking out loud. 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Blayze thanks for coming back. Obviously the fact that your brother's roommate saw it too is proof you weren't imagining things. Then again, it's very rare to have three different people seeing the same thing when it takes some amount of sensitivity to perceive the unknown. And yet, it's not impossible.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I would also like to say welcome to this site! That is a weird and great story. I think like rhodes68 that your brotehr's seizures and this spirit are related. Your roommate and yourself are both to see this to help him while he is having one. Could the fear have come from knowing that something was wrong with your brother more than seeing this thing. The next time you see it look closer and see if in someway it touching your brother. It could be causing them or it could be trying to help him. You never know. Also, the next time you see it ask what it is doing. Maybe you will get a response. Best of Luck and Best Wishes!
blayzeamyotte (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
i have no idea why it generated fear. That why it confused me. But why did my roomate see it also? 😕
hbdave (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I know of a similar experience. Read my one story. I hope it will help. There are superstitions in other cultures that can help deal with these entities. The one that might be helpful is from Italy. They take two brooms, turn them upside-down, and cross them in an "X" and then put them just inside the bedroom. The idea is that the entity must count everything in the room before it enters and therefore must count every single straw in the broom. You can also research "Shadow Person". Good luck.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hello blayze and welcome to the site. Like you very well said yourself, it could have been a guardian spirit warning you of your brother's seizures although I'm a bit concerned about the feeling of fear that overwelmed you at the sight of this misty figure. I don't understand if you felt that it "generated
" fear or whether you freaked out to put it plainly when you saw it. In either case, it sounds like the appearence of the figure and your brother's seizures are somehow related.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: