You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: He Saw his Father Leave his Body

Real Ghost Stories

He Saw his Father Leave his Body

 

I'm writing this on behalf of a close friend of mine and I think it's a really beautiful story. My friend Fran's father was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and got to a point in February 2007 where he was told by his Doctors that he had one month left to live. All his family gathered around him: his wife, his siblings, his children (including Fran) and his grandchildren. A curate (an English Vicar) came as well, on the last day of his life, and the whole family prayed by him.

In the last moments of his life, Fran saw the curate get up slowly and start packing up his things. He wondered why the hell he was leaving just at the point his father was about to die, but he then saw something utterly baffling: His father got up slowly too, looked him straight in the eye and smiled, then walked gently out of the room following the curate. Fran watched them both leave through the bedroom door and as they left he heard the curate saying to his father, "all will be well now..." Fran doesn't know if this was actually said out loud to his father, or he heard it in his head from another realm.

Obviously the whole experience was overwhelming for Fran, and even more overwhelming when he saw his father's body still lying on the bed with all his family around it crying. I had tears in my eyes when Fran told me this, and to this day he maintains that he wasn't in shock at the time he saw these things, because he had already had a lot of time to grieve and accept the fact that his father was going to die. Fran doesn't tell many people this story and now the afterlife is something he feels he just "knows..." Since this experience with seeing his father leave his body, he has had many more psychic experiences, and we've also had a few experiences together.

It proves to me that when you're open, calm and relaxed in a loving atmosphere, whatever your religion, these things just happen as part of the fabric of everyday life. Maybe sometimes we're too caught up in the grieving and loss felt in "earthly" life to actually be able to see that life does go on after death.

I just thought this story would be a nice, loving, relieving break from some of the terrifying (but excellent!) stories on here.

Other hauntings by Oglegen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oglegen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mikey2 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
my great gran was on her last legs and my mum visited her in hospital and as she said goodbye my mum saw her float behind the bed and out the room (although her body was still there). She died shortly after.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
What a wonderful story! I needed this tonight. Tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of my beloved mothers passing. This was just what I needed. Thank you for sharing, Oglegen!
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
My, what a VERY VERY specail experince Fran had! I bet he was surprised, and in too much shock to say anything. I am happy that his father bid his last good-bye and then left to heaven, or the light. Hope to hear more stories!
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-23)
My father was a doctor, and when I was young, he told me once that he had seen people's spirits leave their bodies after they had died. He described it as looking like a mist rather than a human form, though. He said that the mist would raise up out of the chest-area and go through the ceiling.
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
This is a really good story. I like how the family was there and the curate got to help the Cross Over.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Thanks guys! What a lovely response! It was definitely a gift for him to be able to see the afterlife like that. He is definitely not afraid of death anymore. And what an amazing curate; he must know so much about the whole process but doesn't show it in an advert way, just helps to lead the spirits to the light.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Very well written Oglegen. I was really awed while reading this story! Bravo!
Biemaster
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
What a well written story. Thanks for sharing it with us. When people are open to what can happen, they can see more then what they expected. But to many people get frighten and don't want to see, and perhaps miss something as wonderful as this story was about. Once again thanks for sharing with us.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
What a beautiful and heart felt story!

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths our loved ones go to - even after or while passing- to assure us that they will be at peace.

Truly a miracle!
God Bless!
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
This is a very touching story. I love the part where your friend got the chance to hear the parting words; "all will be well now..."

This is a pleasant change in the stories of terror that are here on this site.

Thank you for sharing it on behalf of your friend.
mauzie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Really nice story that sounds so genuine! I'm a usual skeptic but found this near impossible to doubt. Thanks for sharing. 😉
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
What a marvelous gift your friend has been offered to have a glimpse of the other side and know that there is indeed continuation in another more perfect world!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hello Oglegen,
This story is simply beautiful. How encouraging for Fran to be able to SEE that his fathers soul was making the transition so easily. Oh, many, many thanks to the curate for being sensitive to what was happening around him. Glorious.
I had a similar experience, and anyone who reads my daughters recounts may remember seeing a bit of the story in hers.
I was with my Father-In-Law when he was on the verge of leaving his pain behind. I was holding his hand and promising that I would not leave his side until the deed was done, and he was safely in the Land of Many Summers. I was hoping beyond hope, that the transition was easy as his life had been so hard for the last few years, and I so wanted him to be comfortable, and pain free.
When he left us, I lost it. The morticians were standing outside of the home, in our yard, and the Hospice nurse was standing to Dads left watching ME. I offered up the Parting Prayer as well as I could and kissed his cheek promising that we would meet again. Oh, how I wanted to hold him in my arms and never let him go, but that is not the Plan for us. We MUST move on.
As the coroner came into the house, I was asked, (Me alone, there were over twenty-five people in our home at the time, but only I was given the choice.) if I needed to leave the room. I said no, I had promised him I would stay, and I intended on doing that. While some feel that promises are meant to be broken, and only your word is your bond, I feel that a promise is not to be taken lightly.
The men brought in the rolling table with the bag on it. I watched as they lifted my friend onto it, and then watched as he stood up out of the chair that he had passed away in and walked up to me. He only smiled, reached out his hand to touch my cheek, and the MOMENT that I felt the coldness, I heard the zipper as the men prepared to close the bag. I instantly passed out.
At that time, the clock in the family room stopped (to start again a week later on the exact time of the zipper). I feel THAT is the time that he joined his ancestors. A moment had gone by since he had passed, but he took the extra minute just to say goodbye.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hi Olegen. I realy liked your story. I fond it very interesting. Thank you for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
Lovely story, I have heard of this 'phenomenon' before. A friend of mine who is into 'metaphysics' says that if you are really open, you can see the 'soul' discorporate from the body. I would have considered this a Blessing.

regards 😁
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
truly touching stiry that he got to see his father a live on last time even though he was dead would be very scary but happy 😨 😁
khd (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
hey oglegen that really good story thanks for sharing. I love it awesome 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
Hello Oglegen. I enjoyed your story very much, it is nice to be reminded that the paranormal doesn't always have to be frightening. Thanks for sharing and take care.

FRAWIN 😊 😁
nigheanruadh (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
Thank you for sharing this story Oglegen, it was indeed very touching and a nice change from the other stories on here. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: