You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Bed Time Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Bed Time Ghost

 

I am a great believer in ghosts and the paranormal but had never actually encountered anything that could have been counted as significant. Roughly 5 weeks ago I moved into a new flat in Scotland.

Last night while falling asleep I awoke to the feeling that the mattress was bouncing up and down at either side of me like a wave of water. This proceeded to stop and the feeling of somebody pressing hard down on my chest began. This feeling came to the point that I was finding it difficult to breathe. I then had the feeling of heat moving up from my toes to my mouth and then the same feeling but cold. The hot feeling returned and stayed near my throat.

All I could think while this was happening was that this was a ghost and it was trying to get inside me. I eventually managed to talk and said quite calmly out loud "leave me alone". The experience stopped as soon as I finished talking and only then did I become slightly freaked out. By the time I woke up this morning and told my friends, I doubted myself, as everybody around me seems to think I was just dreaming.

I am unsure what to think about the experience and would appreciate anything anybody has to say about it. I have heard something about a night hag. Could it have something to do with this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mallow101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mallow101 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-19)
Thanks for all your comments, I have looked into sleep paralysis and it is possible that is what has happened. Since the experience nothing else has happened out of the ordinary but if it does I will keep you posted. ❤
Matt (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-17)
well possibly but I also have studied this often as posibile. I know from experience that ghost can mess with your dreams making you have nightmares
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-17)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. At first I thought that this was sleep paralysis. And there is a chance that this was sleep paralysis but there is also a chance that a spirit did pop by for a visit. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Hi Mallow. This is interesting, and quite common I think. The Old Hag occurence that you're referring to usually involves a feeling of not being able to move or breathe and is mostly accompanied by visual and auditory phenomena. So you're not quite at that stage yet... But I would suggest that you do have a spirit presence there. Sometimes these things, if you just talk to them directly eg "I am not happy with you making me feel like this, please leave" - will just go. Other times, if it intends to stay for longer or is a more pestering presence, something else will happen. Then you will know what's going on. Try it, and report back. I wish you all the luck.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Quite a few people go through this and go through this quite a lot. I bet it was really scary for you. I've never really been through something like that just a spirit trying to end my life really by breaking a plug in half so when I pulled it out it would break in 2. It hurt my hand because I got a massive shock and this buzzing feeling in my hand. Then 2 days later nearly had a car crash.
You just have to be careful and fight back really.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: