You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: All About The Haunted House I Live In

Real Ghost Stories

All About The Haunted House I Live In

 

I live in the UK. The house I'm living in is not even old just about 20 years old or under. The area we live in has a lot of history to it.

When I was 6 years old I would get scared of the dark and feel like someone is watching me so I couldn't get up in the middle of the night. So I had to shout one of my parents. I would also hear footsteps at night time.

When I was 16 I started to see ghosts. I also could hear voices and having someone touching me but no one being there. I started to see orbs in different colours.

I started to have dreams of the spirit world and see strangers in them. I just think that's spirits contacting me through my dreams. Some of the people in them would visit me in real life. They would be ghosts.

I've heard noises in this house with no one being there. I would hear someone in the bathroom making noises like banging noises, footsteps creaking noise and sound of water coming from the shower. The shower will start to come on with no one being in the bathroom.

Every time I walk past the bathroom door it would move a inch or 2 by itself. Its a bit calmed down now.

I used to see orbs in this house and my phone signal would go off for no reason even when no one is phoning me. When I'm angry the computer goes slow.

One time the computer was off and then all these colourful pictures started to come up out of no where.

These are all the things which have happened and still sometimes happen in my house. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by PrincessKatie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PrincessKatie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SarahX (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Katiee, I am the same age as you, and I experience paranormal things happening in my house. Not to my mum, dad or my brother, just me. Sometimes I do think its my imagination but its not. But some things do need to be taken into consideration about the door opening etc because mine always do because its an old house so there is always a draft. But anyway hope things get better for you xXx 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Against my word, I am back on this page as a direct result of over twenty e-mails from Your Ghost Story family members imploring me to return here and stop this foolishness.
First I must apologize for RETURNING to this page as I specifically stated that I would no longer comment on PrincessKatie's stories. I have not been granted permission, but MANY people are concerned over what is going on here and would like the matter resolved. After I have said my peace, then I will again adhere to PrincessKatie's request.

What was not public knowledge, is that the remainder of my explanation of the first comment, is on the pages of two of my own stories. After dissecting every sentence, Miss Katie and I have "cleared the air". She NOW understands what I was trying to say in the first comment, and she has admitted that it was a misunderstanding.

People.
So often in the worlds that "we" live in, "we" DO NOT have the support of persons who have similar experiences to what "we" post here on this site. Often times, "we" ASSUME that ANY deviation to "OUR" thought patterns is in debunking of the situation. "We" are so used to people disbelieving, teasing and being downright rude that "we" project that idea onto others. If a person does not implicitly accept the situation without questioning, "we" ASSUME that to mean that they are smashing "our" experience and telling "us" it was all natural.
A projection is just what happened in this case. It was ASSUMED that a debunking was in process, and she simply thought to cut it off at the pass.
As for the answer to the comment she posted LAST to me on this page, I HAVE responded. All is ironed out. No more need to hash over the differences.
We have come to a resolution, and in that, have risen above the published words on this page. I would implore the rest of you to follow suit.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Katie I don't want to be rude or anything but I think Wildone meant no harm. It is that he doesn't understand your comment to WB. Dont get all mad at him about that. I'm sure I'm going to get a nasty comment backj from you beacuse I think your uspest at me to for putting my noose where it doesn't belong. But that's ok. I think it was you who once said theree is no point fighting on the computer. Or was that Girlie? Well all I can say is have an opened mind. NO one wants to attack you. I don't either. I'm not one of those. But I have been here for a long time now and what makes a true member, a loyal member and a great friend on this site is some one who shows respect. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Wildone (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Ok. I get it. You can not get a rise out of anyone else, so let's pick on the new guy, right? I am not the first to tell you that I did not understand your getting angry. Take a look.
HOW did you get the wrong end of the stick?
It looks like everyone bended over backwards to accomidate your little temper tantrum, and now you are going to lash out at the first person that you think is not going to say a word?
Use your abilities, you are a psychic, right? Use them to show you where this line of arguments is going to get you. Seems like you picked on the wrong mediator to me.
No problem. I will stay out of it.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
hi Wildone Stay out of it. Its got nothing to do with you. Ok. By the way I've sorted it out. Don't leave a comment and get involved
Again ok. I got the wrong end of the stick if your going to leave comments leave comments about the story not about someone elses business
Wildone (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
I do not understand you getting mad at the comment either. With the rest of the comments that you have written, and others too, you seem to be upset by all of this. I would imagine that I would want someone to discount my story if that were the case. I do not think Whitebuffalo was trying to do that. At least it does not sound like it to me. It sounds like there was a bit of encouragement going on there, helping you see that there could be something else. Maybe you are just used to people telling you that you are mad, and that made you think that is what the comment said. She also said that she did not know your age, why would you assume that the comment was made because of your age? I really don't think apologizing on this page will do much good. You told Whitebuffalo not to comment on your stories again, and in her comment she told you that she wouldn't. She seems to be pretty true to her word to me.
Good luck
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
whitebuffalo I'm really sorry I just got the wrong end of the stick and I just want people to understand me that's all. We all experience different things so we won't always know the answer for anything. These experiences I go through they scare me so much. I've always relied on my dreams from me being a baby. My dreams would tell me everything. I know where your all coming from it could be something else which causes things to move. I'm glad you said that because it would really freak me out if it was a ghost.
One time I could feel someone wanting to shut the door in my face a ghost by the way. He was really angry and wanted to take it out on me.

Me seeing ghosts gets me paranoid about them being around me al the time. Every sound or movement I see I guess I think its a spirit or ghost.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Thanks for your comments. I'm not a ghost hunter lol I'm just a girl who has been psychic since she was a baby. You should read some of my stories on psychic experience website.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Wow Katie I'm kind of surprised that you got so mad at Whitebuffalo. To be honest she was only giving you advice. As Whitebuffallo said we are here to help people here or to give our own opinion on what MIGHT be going on. If someone says that there maybe a rational explanation for something that has happened we should take that into consideration. Well that is what I allways do. There are times when we are positive about something then it turns out we are wrong. So its sometimes better to look for different answers to find the RIGHT answer. Please don't get mad at her. I have known automn some time now and I'm positive that she would mean no harm to anybody. That I'm positive. If I asked for help right now this minute she would be one of the first to give a helpul hand. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
I think you take yourself very seriously, dude. Not that I can't relate, 'cause when unexplainable things happen to us, we swear it's the work of the spirits. The thing is, sometimes it isn't.
When we're teens, we face lots of scary and new things, including certain biological and/or psychological events. It seems to me you feel very strongly about your "abilities" as a pshychic/ghost hunter or whatever. Lack of attention?
Just keep in mind that Science is also a player.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
Katie,
Whitebuffalo was only doing what any good investigator will do; that's eliminating natural causes before something can be called paranormal. There are many seasoned people on this site with a lot of personal and educational insights on the paranormal. So being defensive is not going to get you anywhere. They are here to help. You came to them, remember that. No sense in being angry at anyone for trying to figure out what you are experiencing. All of us are believers here. We're just trying to understand the same way you are. I am the first one to take on debunking then you can see what you are left with that means something.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
I really think it unfair of you to tell me in a comment on my own page that you do not want me to comment further on your stories. On this page, here, you direct a comment TO me. In fact, TWO of them.
I am sorry that you became angry at what I commented. Never once did I call you a liar. Never once did I say that this was not a haunting. Never once did I say that YOU personally had an imaginary friend. Never once did I say that you were not psychic (Yes, I am on THAT site as well).
I offered a few suggested things to look into to solidify IN YOUR MIND what it is that is going on in your home. In all actuality, it really does not matter what someone else thinks about your experience, all that matters is what you KNOW.
This site USED to be about helping people sort through their experiences and look at them from all sides. It USED to be a sounding block to get thoughts and ideas expressed, and to help us THINK about other possibilities, or eliminate the obvious. We USED to try to help others see things more clearly by pointing out things that COULD cause what looked to be paranormal, and we USED to respond by saying things like "yep, looked into that, and no, I did not contact the contractor", instead of viciously attacking each other as "outsiders", who do not believe, have done for centuries.
I was unaware, or missed the memo, that explained that it turned into a place where we all had to believe in the same things, had to accept everything as a Spiritual experience without researching or questioning it. I missed the post that said NOT to offer suggestions, theories or use our intellect to dissect a situation to get to the root cause.
I am sorry that I could not say with 100% certainty that all you have posted IN THIS EXPERIENCE was purely paranormal. I can not say that with my own experiences, I do not have the means to fully research them.
I am sorry that you have decided, as a direct result of my first comment on this page that you "...don't believe in any of your stories not after that comment you left me."
I never called you a liar. What I said was "IF you can cancel out all of those possibilities, I would have to agree that you MAY have an entity in your home." To repeat, "I would have to agree that you may have an entity in your home."
NOW, after being allowed the opportunity to dissect my own comment to you, I will adhere to your request to not comment to any of your stories again.

**Sorry Martin, I did not mean to be the root of this scene by a simple comment. I guess I am just not as diplomatic, or understood, as some of the others on this site that supply natural causes as a possible reason for happenings in certain situations. I will try harder to be more clear.
Thank you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
Ishima I agree with that I know where your coming from but the rest of what whitebuffalo has said is wrong because making out I'm imagining it when I'm not. Whitebuffalo saying that I have imaginary friends because of my age which is not nice I'm not a kid you know. You might think so but I'm 18 in 2 weeks.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
by the way I have 42 stories on the psychic experience website and don't even say there fake or I'm imagining things. Don't say because I'm 17 nearly 18 that I'm imagining things. You have to treat everyone equal. I don't imagine things because I caught one on picture once. So please do not post a comment on any of my stories again because your starting to annoy me.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
hi whitebuffalo I see ghosts, I visit the spirit world, I get touched my thin air and my dreams come true so its not my house at all.
ghostmagnet (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
They are trying to get your attention. I can see them too and they never leave me alone. One spirit I see tells me things in my dreams. I have to leave a nightlight on to get any sleep.
Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I have to agree with whitebuffalo on the door moving part. In my house, I have a door that "moves" on its own, but that's because there is an airvent by it and when the air turns on, it opens the door if it is not closed tight, and if the air turns off, the door appears to close.

That doesn't mean that the door isn't being moved by a ghost or spirit, but I thought I would put my input in that.

I hope to hear more about this in more stories in the future though!

~Ishima
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I also see a few things going on in this home, but let's step back and take another look at the situations as you have them posted.
When we are young we CAN fabricate things out of thin air. Our imaginations are sharper (we have not had the experiences of life to "squish" our creativity) AND we are more in tune with ALL that is around us. If you take a look at the latter part of that statement, it ALSO explains why children are more likely to have "imaginary friends" and visits from The Other Side.
The noises you describe can be attributed to the settling of the house. Even houses as "young" as a few years old settle. The ground has been tampered with, so it is therefore not solid and it shifts.
New pipes rattle, and water runs through them even though the faucet may be in the off position. At times, that could sound as if the tap is running. Air is forced through pipes and creates the audio much like footfalls, tapping, banging or slamming at times.
If the home is not EXACTLY plumb (or a door is not hung evenly on it's hinges), when you walk past a doorway, the door can, and sometimes does, move "on it's own".
When a person is angry, they become impatient, and things appear to be moving slower than that of "real time". I have NO CLUE you age, but if you drive, think about this. You leave your home fifteen minutes before you have to be across town (a 45 minute drive). EVERY person you get behind seems to be going ten miles below the speed limit.
Colorful orbs and pictures have a direct connection with retina problems, it could also point to blood sugar issues. That is all researchable on the Internet.
In my country, the phone company in my region is a bit "if'y". If there is any variation from a sunny, non-moisture ridden day, phones seem to ring or "ting" on their own, though no one is phoning at the time.

IF you can cancel out all of those possibilities, I would have to agree that you MAY have an entity in your home.
Thank you.
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I don't think you have a strange entity. I think there are several spirits in your home that are attracted to you because they know you can sense them.

They want your attention, and so they are playing petty tricks to get it.

As for the computer getting slower when you are angry. That's most likely your own energy setting it off. Some people just change the energy in their environment when they're mad and it manifests in ways that affect electric appliances.

Until something actually tries to cause you harm, I would not say that something is trying to screw you up.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
hi aherr I was just wondering can you explain a bit more too me. What do you mean? Like something trying to mess me up and get me angry.
WeirdoIAm (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
princesskatie-
I feel the same because: I get up extremley early in my house. I am always the first up, but every time I go to the bathroom and wash my hands and go out the room the tap turns on. So the next few days I turn it on really tight and it does the same.
I also agree with aherr I do think you have a strange entity in your house. Hope it dosen't drive you crazy, and I wish you luck with it. God bless.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I think you have a strange entity in your house. Something is trying to screw you up. You might want to pray to God for guidance from the bottom of your heart.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: