You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: One Wild Night... I Will Never Forget

Real Ghost Stories

One Wild Night... I Will Never Forget

 

Hey guys,

This story is about something that happened in my grand-dad's house one night.

Now if you have read my previous stories you will know that I have seen and interacted with my grandma on many occasions in my grand-dad's house but I believe that there is someone else there other than her.

I was home alone (I am usually on a Wednesday for a few hours) and I was on the computer chatting to my friends on I'm and on facebook playing bejewelled blitz! (Such an addicting game). Then out of nowhere I heard scratching coming from the loft. I put it down to squirrels or some kind of small animal that might have gotten in somehow and shrugged it aside and carried on trying to beat my high score. The scratching got louder and more frequent until it sounded as if someone was punching the ceiling so hard that if they carried on they would come through the ceiling. Needless to say I was freaked out. I sat there thinking what to do too scared to open the door to go downstairs to the nearest phone to call my granddad (the banging still happening in the background.) But after telling my friend what was going on she persuaded me to hot tail it downstairs turning all the lights on as I go (for protection lol). I sat there for a second trying to calm myself down so I wouldn't freak my granddad out with my shaking voice and how hysterical I was when I started hearing footsteps across the landing pacing up and down. I picked up the phone and dialed as quick as I could got hold of my granddad and he left straight away but put the phone onto my mum to make sure that I had someone to talk to. By this time I could hear footsteps coming downstairs. I was freaking out and I started crying on the phone to my mum and she was going through all the possibilities with me... (She doesn't believe I see and hear and feel what I do... She thinks I need mental help)

Did you leave the door open?

No I didn't

Did you lock it after you?

Yes

Did you leave a window open?

No I didn't

Were the windows shut when you got in?

Yes

Do you think someone could be in the in the house?

I have no idea (I HOPE NOT!)

Do you have something heavy next to you just incase?

I spotted a walking stick... Yes I do.

I could hear someone in the back kitchen rummaging... Thinking more and more to myself that it was an intruder and soon he would come into the front room and I was going to die. Then I heard my granddad outside rummaging with his keys, I told mum she asked me to ring her in a little while before I put down the phone... I rushed to the door and tell my granddad there in the back kitchen. He went in checked... No ones there. He checked the cupboards... Nothing. He checked underneath things... Nothing. He checked anywhere physically possible to hide... Nothing. He checked the whole of downstairs' with me trailing behind him... Nothing. He went upstairs checked every room and every possible place to hide... Nothing.

Now my granddad has locks on all his windows and they are locked constantly. The only way to get in would be the front door... Which was locked until he got home and unlocked it from the outside.

I told him I heard it in the loft first my uncle came round and checked the entire loft out no sign of damage not even a dent anywhere... Nothing. I was beginning to think I was mad and I was sitting there in complete silence while granddad was trying to stop me from shaking... Then he said he hears bumps and scratching and allsorts too and not to be afraid. Needless to say I didn't sleep that night. And I haven't been there on my own for a while now.

Sometimes even though I'm used to seeing and hearing these kind of things happening... The out of the blue experiences when your not expecting them really do effect you. (well they do with me and always happen when I'm least expecting it too!)

Thank you for reading my (quite long sorry!) story

Any comments will be greatly appreciated

xXelliemayXx

Other hauntings by xXelliemayXx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXelliemayXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

reneespring (148 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
You heard banging and footsteps above you? Why didn't you run and call 911? It could have been a human intruder.
Eclypse_Nightshade (1 stories) (12 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Um... Wow... I'm sure I would've been shaking. I'd proubly be like... 'OMFG WHAT IN THE 7 H----S IS THAT!' and if it grew louder I'm sure I'd scream and call someone... After peeing my pants of course 😨
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
Bayouboy.
That is a very good point.
When I was sat there I was talking to my friends oand not even thinking about such things.

BeanyBaby09,
Its so addicting isn't it! Although I don't think you have enough time AT ALL!

Dragon7B,
Yes I was fully awake.

Cookiekitty99,
Thats an interesting point... But I don't think my grandma would have tried to frighten me... I can't really stay away because its my grandads house and we go there for sundy lunch every week!

Lady_bug,
Thats excatly how it sounded on the ceiling it was horrible!... If I go up there now I take the cordless phone with me to make sure its next to me and in reach!

-yourmoon-,
Thankyou so much 😁

Thankyou all for leaving a comment ❤
-YourMoon- (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
Wow great story. Adding to my favorites. It seems to me like you have a polterghiest.
lady_bug (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
When I lived with my mom back when she lived in my step-dads house... I would hear all kinds of crazy things like that. The most fearful noise for me was the banging coming from my closet... It sounded just like someone on the other side beating it trying to get out... I was terrified & would scream for my mom... Then the noise would stop. I always have to have tv going or some sort of light on... I have lots & lots of unexplained experiences in that house.
cookiekitty99 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
Listen ellie may what you heard probably was a ghost but if your grandmothher is a ghost too would you consider thinking it was her or if the other ghost was nice just in case I'm wrong

Heres an easy tip STAY AWAY FROM THERE!😨
dragon7b (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
I think you should recearch about your grand-dads house. Are you sure that you were fully awake while this incident took place.

Cool story...
DRAGON7B. 😉
Beanybaby09 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
xXelliemayXx

Your story is really intresiting. And guess what, I'm bejewled blitz right now lol soz I don't have any advice either: S

Beanybaby09 ❤
bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-20)
Although I enjoyed the story, my comment is more based on what EyesWideOpen said. It struck me as odd that he said he had heard the footsteps on the roof during the day. I have a friend who was recently out of town and I stopped in to check on his dog for him. While I was there, less than an hour, I heard a very heavy person walking on the roof in the direction of the front door. Wondering why someone would be on his roof, I ran to the door and out into the yard, looked up to yell at the individual, only to find that nobody was on the roof. He has no attic... You can see the bottom of the roof from inside. I know that I am quite sane and had not been even thinking of such paranormal things, so it wasn't a thought put in my head. What it could have been, I still don't know.

Sorry that I have no advice xXelliemayXx.

Bayouboy.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
EyesWideOpen,
Thankyou for your comment.
I have this a lot I see and hear spirits all the time... This is the first one where it has shook me to tears though.
Ive had quite a few experiences myself and still have a lot more to post on this site when I get round to it.
I know something was definatly in that house that night human or of other sort.
Thankyou
xXelliemayXx ❤ ❤
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
xXelliemayXx,

That was some story. Glad you had your grand dad with you to check things out. Sounds like it really scared you bad. Is this the first time something like that has happened?

Do you know what a poltergeist is? It means noisy ghost. I've read hundreds of people's stories from all over the internet. A lot of people have reported hearing a lot of noise somewhere in their house in the middle of the night, or day.

They investigate only to discover that everything was OK, there was no destruction or damage. That kind of makes me think that what they are hearing isn't like ordinary noise that is detected by one's ear. It's more like the sound is only in their head. Maybe?

Sometimes there can be several people in the same room and only a couple of people might hear or see a ghost. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with you. I am suggesting there maybe more than one way for your mind to detect what seems to be happening.

One other practical example:

I had been reading a book titled "GHOSTS" authored by Hans Holzer, and I was almost through the book (a very long book). As I was reading one day early spring this year, I started hearing what sounded like someone walking on the roof of my house, from one end to another.

I paused to listen more carefully. Still sounded like foot steps. I thought how ridiculous it would look for someone to be walking on my roof in the middle of the day.
I continued to read. Not long after that, the noise ceased.

I took this experience as "what happens when one is under the influence of the power of suggestion..., the book I was reading. In the book, there were hundreds of people reporting hearing foot steps, which left no visible evidence of actually happening.

I think "foot steps" causes people to react with fear and anxiety. It is a scare tactic. Other things usually follow, but it is all about fear.

If actual damage happens to you or the house, you should probably find a minister or a priest to bless the home. While you are at it, try to get a jar of Holy water, and ask when and how to use it.

Oh, I've had a few very close encounters with the supernatural/paranormal. Sometimes it is very real. Don't give into fear. 😐
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
no the loft was never a room... Just more for storage purposes.
And my grandma never went up there... She left it to us younguns lol
I don't think it was her the whole experience was different from when I see her.
Thankyou soo much for your comment
xXelliemayXx ❤ ❤
assie (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
was the loft ever a room? Or did you nan ever go in the loft offern? It could be here again. But hearing about the scratches and thumping puzzels me. Do some research on your grandads house.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Hey guys,
Choluteca, I was scared to death! Don't know how I managed to stay in on that one lol

Tonith I stay at his house on wednesdays and saturdays, and nearly everytime I stay I see something. I have been this way since I was little.

_pretty_,LOL! I think it was more the fact of getting my grandad home lol... Plus the police in england would have took 3 days to get there lol

Assiedaz, No I have never smoked pot or done any type of drug ever... And I was not under the influence of alcohol either

Thankyou so much for reading
xXelliemayXx ❤ ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
It's sounds like your very receptive, not by choice. Tonith advice could be right, The mind is a very powerful tool, Can I ask you have you ever smoked pot? If the answer is yes that can cause all sorts of problems especially for young people. Take care daz
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
lol sorry but if that happened to me id so forget every number and just dial 911 lol that would be a heffy fined any other noises 😳
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Could be just residual but granted still scary. When there are teens in a household polergeist activity is common. Theory is either teens are creating it by kinetic energy or drawing it by the same means. If grandad was hearing this before you moved in then this theory has its limits. Maybe it's always been there but again residual.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Oh, I would have being scared to dead! 😭, not sure if I would have stayed home or bolt it out of there... 😕
Hope things get better,
Cheers,
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: