You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demonic Or Wild Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Or Wild Imagination?

 

This is my first posting on this site; everything I'm going to write is entirely true. I am writing because I want to know if I should be scared or if I should just pass it off as having a wild imagination.

My father and I bought our first house in Kansas after having lived in various apartments. I was in 8th grade at the time. For the first several years nothing happened. No strange noises, no bumps in the night, nothing. It stayed that way until I was a senior in high school (2 years ago) and began dating my current boyfriend. He's a few years older and a strong Christian. I've always considered myself a Christian, though I was certainly going through a wild phase when I was in high school. When he and I started dating my faith became a bit stronger, and I now attend regular women's bible study at a local church. My boyfriend had told me of an experience he had when he had lived in California, touring with the band Nural. Long story short, he saw a woman named Sara Crow in a diner and he believed she was possessed. She rambled somewhat incoherently about aliens and other things, and ate off plates that were left at empty tables. She also talked in different voices, and although she was a woman, looked manly. So, with the back story in place, here is my story.

Senior year, not long after hearing my boyfriends story of Sara Crow (which if anyone has heard this name or knows of a women like this please contact me) He and I had a similar experience together. We were sitting in my driveway talking when a Woman with a black dog came up to the car window gesturing to us. We thought she wanted to walk across the drive way to the other side of the sidewalk, and said to go ahead, we weren't going to be backing out. We soon realized she was deaf, so she continued to gesture wildly. She kept making a motion like kicking in a window, which we couldn't figure out. After a while I was getting really freaked out so my boyfriend called the police. When the woman realized he was on his phone she immediately turned and walked back the way she came, around the corner, and was gone. I never saw her again after that.

Around the same time I started to experience noises or voices in my room. One night I was lying in bed on my side just about to go to sleep when I heard an audible voice say "How are you". I didn't reply, but I did run down the stairs and sleep on the couch. Not long after I was lying in bed again, just about to fall asleep on my side when I heard an audible Growl. My cat was lying behind me, and he perked up as if he had heard it, but didn't seem frightened. And believe me, it was not a growl you would hear from a cat. I again ran to the couch downstairs, and continued to sleep there for months.

In that same year I remember several times hearing my dad's air pump (for tires) turn on by itself for several minutes at a time and then turn off again. It was a loud almost vacuum sounding type thing, so although it was in the garage, I would hear it from my room (which was above the garage) and also the living room, which had a door leading to the garage.

I have since moved into my own apartment and my Dad moved to another city with his new wife. I haven't had any experience since moving. My boyfriend was convinced it was a demon, which I also believe. If this is true, why me and, will it follow me? Should I be worried? I've already fully accepted Christ into my life and pray often.

Please help if you can.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bfolley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Hi Bfolley,

It IS because you have excepted Jesus into your life that you have encountered such things. There is nothing to be afraid of though. Your devotion to Christ and his saints are what will protect you. The Devil is more than likely aware of your new faith and is testing it. He is hoping that you slide back into your own habits.

Hope this helps,

Sarah.
oracle4angels (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
i know others have differnt opions on here witch is fine to each his own I always say, but I have a little story for you that might help you understand,,
My mothers sister is a very religouse person, so is her whole family, a few years back they had a preacher that would make rounds and pray for the dying at the hosptials and such, he would always see those he had taught the gospil to befor smile in such sweetness as they passed over to heaven, knew in his heart that they were saved and was decending to heaven, he prayed for many days and nights if only once he could see what they see befor they passed over, the wish was not granted for a long time to come, finally one day he heard a voice come back to him and tell him that if he must see he must see all, seeing he was a man of the cloth he thought that he could handle this and agreed to the terms, a few weeks later another one of his church goers was in the hospitail very ill and on her deathbed, he came to her and started his praying for God to come and take her to her rightful place in heaven, could see her smile and could see this white light from above, he knew that this must be the passage to heaven, on the floor was something else happening, the darkness as we call it, the shadows, the other beings that witch frighten most of us, he started fussing, shes saved shes saved why are they even here they don't belong near her shes a child of God! As she grew closer to death the shadows got bigger and looked as if would swallow her whole, becoming frusterated and not understanding any of this, he went home and prayed, why did I see such things? She was a good woman always belived in God and gave herself to the holy spirit, the reply he got in return was I told you that if you must see you must see all, not jsut waht they cannot but what is there until the end, do you not understand that child of God or not the Devil is fighting for your soul until your last breath,?

This story has helped many times troughout my life,. Where ever there is dark there is lite, where there is lite there will always be the dark, it is a battle up to the end, you can give your soul to God but the Devil will be there until the end to try to "steal" you away from Him. I hope this helps you as it has me
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Very interesting story and I must say something like this happened to a friend in Kansas. Can you please give us a town or city where this took place?
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Even when you've already accepted God into your heart the devil will still try and take you back to his side. He doesn't like it when he loses even one person to his enemy. I don't know about the first two experiences but I know growling can be associated with demons, however there are also more possibilities than it being a demon. I think if it had been a demon it wouldn't have stayed in your room when you went to sleep on the couch. It would have also probably followed you, which you said you hadn't had any other experiences since moving.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
If it was a demon, it will kill you by now. Not to scare you, but what about if that women in fact Sarah Crow or maybe a messenger of her's of some sort. Sarah Crow is a writer last time I checked, but there's a lot of people out there could be named like her.
KittyKatPop (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Uhmm I like your story but no I don't think its a demon. There are lots of stories I have heard about growls and voices and those are no way demons.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
I tend to find that those people who EXPECT demons, and LOOK for demons can find them in almost anything...
I would try exploring the other possible reasons why things happen.
Please keep in mind, you can be an excellent christian person without the constant assumption that if it's unexplained or different it must be bad and evil.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
i would trust the biblical accounts more than any one persons "experience", especially since people experiences, and their opinions subjective.

Ditto on the compressor... They do leak and turn on/off automatically to maintain set pressures.

But the other stuff like disembodied voices is not "natural".

I once read an account of a mother who realized that they were required to pray daily to keep a spirit from harassing their baby. On any night that they forgot, they could have some incident occur, but any time they did pray they would have no problems. It suggests to me that we need to pray daily (sounds familiar if you remember the Lords Prayer) to be effective in defending against spiritual attacks.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
In my experience demons are not what the religious books claim they are; as in they are indifferent to our beliefs and opinions... They are not human, granted, but not afraid of religious words or paraphenalia... What you experienced is likely a ghost or someone just crazy... Some human spirits are of the type which likes to scare and mess about with the living and so pretend to be demons to scare the religiously minded, they remember being alive and thus religion... True "demons" (entities of pure spirit which were never human in the first place) seem unaffected by our concerns etc and only firghten people by their aura of the 'unnatural' not usually their actions... I have however started to wonder about "spirit fauna" unintelligent creatures of the spirit world, spirit "animals" if you like...
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
Hmm I find it awkward for skeptics to come on a supernatural site and completely assume everything to be natural or logical, especially if someone believes they are attacked by demons.
I am not sure about Sara Crow. The only way to know if you speak to her about God and she starts cussing or acting out of control because of His name. However demons are known to effect people in health as well without even possessing. What got me was not the way the deaf woman was acting, but her black dog. You should of tested her to see if she had anything demonic about her.
The activities in that house sure did seem demonic but only to a small point, just becareful and keep praying. God Bless
indig0c0gnito (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
First off, those air compressors will slowly leak and automatically kick ON to recompresss/maintain the pressure levels that they are set for... So we keep ours unplugged/breaker-OFF until we need to use it. So let that incident go, it was not paranormal.
The other incidents may be unusual.
Sara Crow was probably a schizophrenic, they can have all those 'positve symptoms' that he descibed & she was not possessed, she was undermedicated/noncomplient and needed medical attention.
As for the deaf woman, she just sounded pissed off... Maybe she needed help and you couldn't "talk" with her so she gave up. I bet one of those words may have been the good old fashioned 'bird'. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: