You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Seeing Through Her Eyes, On 2nd Street

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Through Her Eyes, On 2nd Street

 

This is a continuation of my experience at the house I lived in on 2nd Street. I suppose I left this one out since it's an experience that I had that was nothing like the others. If you read my first story, this event happened about a month after the voice in the parlor, and before the Halloween party. In case you need some background to the story, this happened 10 years ago at a Victorian I rented in downtown San Jose.

That night, before I turned off my light to go to sleep, I had turned to assess the room. I wanted to make sure I knew where everything was so I wouldn't mistake any shadows while I laid in bed. Strange things had been happening in my room. I had been experiencing everything from moving shadows, to strange touches in the middle of the night. I had begun dreading to turn off my light at night.

I turned off the switch and hustled around to the left side of the bed. My boyfriend was already asleep on the right. I pulled the blankets slightly down from my face when my eyes adjusted to the dark. Soon I started to feel a cold wave coming from my left. There was a presence at the side of my bed even though I couldn't see it at that point. I had felt this before except it always remained at the foot of the bed. Once, my sleep was interrupted by a hand shaking my foot. However this time the presence felt like it was creeping closer. Suddenly a shadow appeared directly above me. I could see the light colored ceiling behind it. Shadows don't hover like a solid mass, as this one did.

The darkest points in my room weren't as dark as this mass was. I was frozen, wanting to scream. I wondered if my eyes were playing tricks on me since it seemed like the darkness was inching closer. As it got close I noticed the top of it was small and ovular, almost the shape of a head. Just then it came swiftly down toward me. While this has never happened to me, somehow I knew what was about to take place.

Unable to move or speak, I was shouting in my mind, "Oh no, oh no, please not this. No! No! NO..."

There was darkness for several seconds, then a flash of light. Then darkness again. Another flash of light and I recognized I was still in my room. The darkness lasted a second with the light only lasting half a second. The flashing was like a strobe light, and so bright that it stung my eyes. When it flashed again, I noticed everything was in black and white. I felt something at the end of my throat and all over my tongue. I felt afraid to choke on it yet for some reason I couldn't spit it out. It felt like something unusual, yet familiar. It felt like a hundred tiny pieces of cork.

I was lying in the center of my bed, my body weak. I thought it was strange that my feet didn't reach near the edge of the bed where they normally touched. I didn't know why my bed seemed larger, and I felt much smaller in my bed. I felt my straight soft hair against me. I couldn't remember straightening it that day. In my weak state, I tried moving in the bed, yet I was unable to move my legs and arms. They were bound. I was so terrified. I was in a panic because I also couldn't figure out what was happening. I didn't know how the lights were strobing. It didn't even really feel like it was the actual lights, it felt like it was coming from my eyes. And I wasn't even blinking.

I looked up to the right, where my eyes would normally fixate whenever I laid in the center of the bed. My tall dresser, that was once my grandmothers, wasn't at the center of the wall between the bathroom and closet doors. Instead there was a smaller, long dresser sitting on the left, closer to the bathroom. Large framed pictures were on the right of the wall closer to the closet. During another flash I saw a photograph of a cowboy in one of the pictures. Something that I would never put on my wall.

There was no sound, as if I was watching a movie on mute. I knew it wasn't just silence, I had a feeling that there should be sound. My eyes moved quickly to the bathroom door. I couldn't move my eyes, I stayed staring at the open door. Even though I couldn't hear anything I sensed that something was happening in the bathroom. Somehow I knew that someone was walking through the adjacent door on the opposite end of the bathroom, which connects to my roommate's bedroom. That door has been permanently sealed ever since I've lived there.

The strobing of the lights increased in speed, stronger and more painful to my eyes. Suddenly, a man walked through the doorway, and leaned up against the door frame. This was not my roommate, or anyone I knew for that matter. Instead of a body of a man, his image was a shadow, a silhouette. When I got a better look I realized he was more than a shadow, he was a dark abyss. It was as if I could stick my hand into his silhouette and I would fall into this void. I could tell his arms were crossed and he was looking right at me. Even though he was completely black, I knew he was grinning in self gratification.

The dark man slowly strode up to the right side of the bed. When he sat down on the bed, the strobe lights became so intense that it started to make a buzzing in my ears. (I guess light does have sound.) My heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest. With his head slightly tilted, I knew he was saying something to me as if in a comforting manner. I wanted to run. I wanted to jump out one of the large windows at the opposite end of the room. But the only thing I could do was keep staring at this shadow man in fright, because it felt as though my life was about to end. With something long and thin in his hands, he reached toward my neck.

Once again, there was total darkness.

I gasped for air at the same time my eyes flipped open. I was back in my room, in what I abruptly realized was my own body. I immediately put my fingers to my mouth to pull the shreds of cork off my tongue. Through my confusion I found nothing was there. A shivering wave overtook my body as I began to cry uncontrollably. Whether it was my cries or from the bed shaking from my shuddering, my boyfriend awoke next to me. I was unable to explain what had happened or even speak a coherent word. All I could do was cling to his torso and cry as he attempted to soothe me.

I kept thinking that it was her all along, in the darkness of my room that I've been sensing. It was her who had overtook me. She wanted me to see what happened to her in that very room when she lived there. She put me directly in her memory to see through her eyes. And that shadow man, she had cut him out of her memory almost literally. I remembered now the sense she had when she saw him. She knew him.

I had felt her fear and it had dissolved into my own. I was so afraid of what I saw, and I was even more terrified of seeing it again, if not more. At the same time, I felt so out of control, because I felt like I had no power over what I was experiencing. I also felt out of control since everything of what I thought I knew, back then, about the afterlife, really wasn't all the truth.

Perhaps she wanted me to see what she went through, in order to help find her body, or her killer. For a long time whenever I thought this, the fear would began to arise again inside me. Even though the entity in my room had a person behind it, I didn't know what it was capable of. It was horrible what happened to her. In spite of that, she still terrified me.

I never tried to search further for what happened, because I was scared. I didn't even know how to begin to ask the owner about the estates history. Of course now, I wish I had enough courage. Then again, everything happens for a reason. Perhaps this experience was just to awaken me to what is really out there.

One last thing I didn't include in my initial story was the final experience from that house. It actually wasn't me who had the experience.

A year had passed and I was no longer living there. I had stopped at the house with my new best friend to pick up some items that I had left at the house. My friend had never been to that house before. She also never had a supernatural experience before that day.

My friend stayed behind in the living room as I went into my ex boyfriend's room to collect some items. As she was waiting by the pool table, she looked up at the entrance to the kitchen. She was slightly startled to see a woman standing against the narrow wall to the right of the kitchen entrance. In the split second from when she laid eyes on her, my friend had thought perhaps it was a roommate or girlfriend of someone. After that second was over, before greeting this person, she realized that the woman that was silently staring at her didn't have a body below her chest. What seemed like several minutes later, the entity finally disappeared.

I noticed my girlfriend's discomfort when I emerged from the bedroom. I had thought it was from just the situation. I remember she hurried passed me as we were leaving the house, but it wasn't until we were in my car that she told me of what took place. At that instant I knew it was the same girl from that night in my room.

My ex and my old roommate never experienced seeing her. I know it must have had to do with her distrust in men, since it was one she knew, that took her life.

Thank you for reading my story. It took a lot out of me to write it out. However it feels great to share it with people that would (finally) fully understand what happened to me.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

~Debbie

Other hauntings by Wickeddaisy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wickeddaisy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AmberTaylor3323 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
*she stared at the screen, frozen. It was like a horror film, only real* 😨
Rocker_Andrew (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
Both excellent stories A++. Very scary though. How was it for you what was going through your mind? 😆
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Surya:
No, not too personal. Hey, my story is personal already!
I can't recall how long after that we broke up but it started with me wanting to move out on my own but continue the relationship. It was an all or nothing deal from him so needless to say I still left. Unfortunately we did end up back together a few more times after I had moved out. He moved in with me to the Fremont Mansion, which is another few series of ghost stories, one other place after that then I finally was done for good. It did help leaving the state and him hooking up/leeching on to our very last roommate.
Anyway, thinking about all this, I remembered when our relationship was at it's worst - it was while we resided at the 2nd Street house. He may have had some issues but I never took him for being one to be depressed or have anxiety attacks, which he did start to have in that house. We lived together a few years before that house so I knew him very well. I recall him having horrible chest pains a few times and difficulty breathing a few times, with his nose bleeding profusely. The advised nurse over the phone saying that it was only anxiety. But it never happened before or after that house. He drank heavily while living there and I still suspect he did something bad to his hamsters. (They disappeared one day and he said they escaped and went "into the walls".) Like I said, he was one to exaggerate and stretch the truth, so I didn't know whether to trust what he said sometimes. But after I had moved out, he told me how he saw a woman in the house. He chased after her when she ran through the kitchen, to the back of the house. She openned the door to the storage room and ran to the edge of the room where the ceiling narrowed. When he got to the door she jumped down threw the small small hole in the floor that dropped into the basement. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this because like I said, I don't know how much is true...
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Christy,
If that really was the decade, then what you suggested happened would be absolutely likely. Given I also lived in the bay area and 45 minutes away from San Francisco, where a lot of the youth were flocking to...
Now my mind is racing... It makes more sense since I always thought it was her room, but it could have been his. I Remember my roommate's room, when it was vacant, feeling very uncomfortable - almost like a cell. It had the same large windows but somehow it felt like a cave. I also just recalled that I thought it was strange how it had old separate locks on the interior doors (the large room had two entrances). It was the type you'd slip on one of those masterlocks into... I remember wondering why someone would lock themselves in the room. I did image at the time the locks were used it, was when the door to the common bathroom wasn't sealed closed...
babygirlacm (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
thanks for sharing your story I really got into it! God bless! And I hope to read any other stories you have?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Wickeddaisy
What an amazing story, really well written. I can relate to some of it. You made a statement "Who knows, maybe she was warning me too - my ex WAS a little disturbed" which I came to mind. That poor girl, she suffered judging your description. How long after this did you and your ex split up (you don't have to answer it is rather personal I know).

You know sometimes, we are left on this earth as guardian angels, to protect and serve, and maybe she is one of those angels. She let you into her world for a reason, maybe it was to warn you through her eyes.

As suggested I would do a little research if you are comfortable with that, although if you are not experiancing anything like what you did now, I would let lie.

I really look forward to reading more of your stories.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Ummm--the seventies--that definitely strikes a chord.

Kids were heading to California in droves, which might be what this girl did. It was such a freewheeling time that it was really easy to get lost in the scene. It was also just as easy to fall in with a predator, because the whole peace, love, and rock 'n' roll thing was, ironically, a time when many people took others at face value and trusted them. If they were into the counterculture thing, I can see how a relatively naive young woman could be really taken in.

Again, I don't claim any kind of insight of a psychic sort, but my education has been eclectic to say the least. I've studied criminal justice at the associate degree level and my bachelor's is in history, and what I know of the '70's, married to what little I know of predators, gives me a feeling that the 2nd Street scenario might be along the lines I've suggested.

After all, it was so very easy to just disappear in that time and place, and have no one ever know or even suspect what happeed.
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
PureSoul: I look forward very much to reading about your experience.
It's difficult when the people we choose to confide in choose not to believe us. It's hard not to take it to heart. But sometimes it's just their own fear of the unknown, that's why they reject our stories and try to rationalize it. I had a few of my own sister's refuse to understand, told me it was probably a dream. Unnfortunately I could never tell this story to my own parents because they would think I was briefly posessed by the devil. Although, they have surprised me by telling me things they experienced in the last several years.
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Libertybelle: I'm going to call you that since it feels friendlier than Christy... 😜 Hehe Sorry, couldn't help it.
Christy, asking if I had a "feel" for a time frame was a great way to put it, since there were no visual hints to the time period. I always had in mind somewhere between the mid '60's to mid/late '70's. I don't know where I get that time range from; it's all just from my gut I suppose. Plus, the girl had super straight hair. Either she ironed it to make it that way or it was how her hair naturally was. That same thing inside me tells me it was the former.
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
What a very powerful story Debbie. Thank you for sharing this incredible experience you endured. It must've taken a lot of guts to write what you had encountered. I have not experienced something similar, but I am what they call an "empath" so even reading your story (s) I have felt for you. And also the girl who inhabited the home you were living in. I also agree with rhodes, you should try to get to the bottom of what happened to this girl. She must need some kind of closure to end the torture she probably still endures. And since she trusted you enough to let you know the truth behind her death, maybe it's your turn to return the favor to this poor girl and help her cross over.

God Bless,
Erin ❤
PureSoul (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
I can understand your feeling because I have also went through this before. Thankfully I never saw any figure or shape but felt the same feeling like you had. I now know that I am not the only one to be sensitive to these things. When I told this to my sisters no one tried to believe me except my mother who herself have seen ghost in my house. I will add my first story soon:)
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
I noticed you signed your name as Debbie, and I'd really prefer to call you by that name--it just seems friendlier, somehow.

Did you get any kind of feeling for a time frame when you were seeing this woman's memories? I ask that because it could give you a starting point for trying to unravel what occurred.

It sure seemed to me that you were experienceing this poor soul's remaining moments on this plane, and she probably wants the world to know what happened, that she was a human being who lived and died.

I guess the first thing would be to find out the history of the house itself. I agree with Rhodes that there is a feeling of justice that wasn't served--perhaps she was someone considered by the run of the people around her to have been of no real account, while the man was likely someone of standing. Depending on the time period in which she died, she might have been a servant, a homeless person, a runaway, s lady of the evening--even a kidnapping victim. The possibilities can start from there and branch off.

I claim no special insights, but a niggling little thing at the back of my mind keeps hammering away at trying to find the decade when this woman died.

Whoever or whatever she might have been, there must surely have been someone, somewhere, who loved her. That person may even still be alive, still wondering whatever happened to her.

Good luck, and please keep us posted--and a veil of protection around you and those two precious little ones with whom you've been blessed.

Christy
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
I understand perfectly Wickeddaisy! I will be looking forward to reading your next submission and hopefully then, we can all work together to try and make the connections.
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Hmmmm...It's funny you say the house possibly being a beacon... I just "shook off" something that has been following me for a long time. Well it's been 6 years since it's been gone. But I don't know if it was from that house or something that had been with me a few years before and somehow got charged after I lived in that house. There were similiarities that made me believe that it had been around for awhile; it was just more extreme during and after I lived in that house. Sorry I'm being so vague about it, but it's something that needs a lot of explanation. I AM in the process of writing about it though. 😕
Anyhow, I have to be very careful now about the steps that I take since I now have two little souls to look after and protect. I don't want anything unwanted (aka. Evil) coming into my home.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
I've come to believe that houses which "withhold" energy function as a "beacon" for others to join in-they become a pathway between the two dimensions. The energy in the living room might have been related to the woman but you need to unravel the puzzle before you know that with some degree of certainty.

I can relate to that statement that "now you're in the proper emotional condition" to start your quest. It takes a lot of inner balance and alertness to delve into the mysteries of life and one needs to be well prepared before challenging themselves.

We'll be with you all the way Wickeddaisy.

Go for it!
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Rhodes68, thanks for your comments and encouragement. I think I am now in a position in my life mentally, emotionally and spiritually that I can begin the process of uncovering the truth. What happened to the "perminent resident" of the 2nd St house does need to be revealed. I did get the impression that she is trapped or stuck. What always bothered me is that the other things in that house that occurred didn't come from her. The man in the living room - I always wondered if he was completely separate from her or if he had some relation to her. I suppose if I search I may find.
I get the sense that there were a lot of things in that house that I didn't see because that is not my ability. Thinking back to my experiences there and everywhere else, I've been placing them together like a puzzle. I don't know why I never realized before that everything that I experienced have been what I felt, heard or just sensed - never physically seen.
Who knows, maybe she was warning me too - my ex WAS a little disturbed! 😉
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Wickeddaisy welcome back and thank you for the closure of your experiences on Second Street. That was an unnerving experience you had that night!

I think that you seem to understand quite well what happened and why it happened to you. You WERE let into another person's "memories", you were allowed to see parts of her life, to vicariously experience her fears or torment, to see the darkness behind the man in her life but I think that all was offered to you not in an attempt to show you there's continuation after death. It was more of an attempt on the woman's part to reveal her life, her suffering-to let someone know what had happened to her!

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that if there is a record of her death, even if there were suspects questioned, the prime suspect was let free. I wouldn't even be surprised if her death was considered accidental or suicide-the thing is, there are numerous speculations as to what might have happened back then but since you didn't research the history, they can't be more than speculations. For that reason, it will be hard to know if she was asking for help, if she wanted a secret revealed or if she just wished to communicate her mistrust in men because of her own experience with her partner!

The fact that she showed herself to your friend a year after you moved out indicates that for whatever reason, she's still there... Maybe trapped?...maybe determined to expose something? If I were you, I'd start searching for the truth even now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: