You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Out Of Body - Out Of Mind

Real Ghost Stories

Out Of Body - Out Of Mind

 

I start off by saying I do believe in the spirit world but now it seems all too real for me.

I am 29 and for the last year or so, more so often while I'm pregnant I experience the OBE events mostly happening in the early morning hours when my other children go to school.

November 24, 2008: my children leave to go to school and I tend to fall asleep once they are gone and that's when it starts. I'm mostly sleeping on my back when it happens and it's as if someone is there but I can't really see them but I can hear laughing and giant foot steps-sometimes they are giant feet steps but lately it's been more like running.

I'm mostly scared but I would then try to awaken and it does not feel like someone is holding me down. It feels like a spirit or something.

But the night before it was kind of chilly so I decided to sleep in the family room with my children and my husband joined as well so then night went on and everyone falls asleep and around about maybe 2 or 3a.m, I am awaken by a hand as if someone is saying "wake up, your lights just flickered".

Now when I went to sleep all the lights were on but as I awoken half the house was shut off in the family area except the television so I could only remember someone gently squeezing my arm and I was startled and in panic mode.

Things happen for a reason but I'm still puzzled about why this happening to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mappcynthia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
Hi, I really enjoyed your story. I know when I was pregnant I was experianced all kinds of things and they were scary. I do believe we are more sensitive spiritually when we are pregnant, I also believe it is to do with our unborn child. Their past. I would agree with Tonith on this one to. It is naturally to be scared I know I was. You are protected. A congratulations from me to. 😉
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
I know I had some vivid dreaming when preggers. It's usually just hormonal. Not too sure that this is the case for you. It's possible you have a resident spirit living in your house. Doesn't seem like it's anything to worry about. Maybe you are just more sensitive pregnant than normally. Doesn't sound like it's out to harm anyone. Guess it depends how you feel about it. If you are scared you may want to bring in a professional to get it to leave. I know, it's said, you have to take authority over your own home in situations of hauntings and most of the time it seems to work. Some do this themselves and others need a support system such as mediums or ghost hunters or paranormal experts. The science of parapsychology is a recognized study. There are people out there that can help when needed. The clergy has also been known to help but not all are opened minded. Hope you get the answers you are looking for. Congrats on the baby!
Denise (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
Very interesting! I'd really like to talk to you about this. Could you e-mail me at atlantaghosts [at] comcast.net?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: