You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Shy But Here Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Shy But Here Ghost

 

Some weird things have been happening in my house. My room particularly. I am just a young teen but I have always been able to sense spirits and also emotions in people in an instant. In my house, I have always had the sensation that there was someone else here. It doesn't feel evil just creepy. But I feel a presence and I always feel like I'm being watched.

The first thing that happened was maybe a year ago. I was laying in bed about to fall asleep, when suddenly, a picture popped into my head. It was just some dark figure standing in the woods. It was black and white then it went away. It scared me at first but I ignored the "vision" and tried to fall asleep. Then I heard a very faint breathing noise. I held my breath every few seconds to make sure it wasn't just me being stupid, and I could still hear it. It got louder and louder, (not too loud, it was faint, but obvious to hear) and I started calling out for my mother. She didn't hear, but after a few minutes of trying, the noise went away. I was just about to fall asleep again until I hear it louder than I ever had right in my ear. I started screaming and both my parents came in. I had to sleep with someone for a week. A few times, the noise returned, but not as prominent as before.

Throughout the year, more things kept happening, more often and more obvious. I usually leave my towel balled up on my sink counter in my bathroom. I'm kind of sloppy when it comes to my bathroom, but that's normal for a teen right? So I come home from school to see my towel perfectly folded over four times in the corner of my bathroom. I didn't think much of it, so I put it back on the sink counter where I liked it, and came home the next day to find it folded up eight times in the EXACT same spot. I was convinced. After this experience with the breathing, I believed there was someone there, so I hung it back on the towel rack where it belonged and have been doing that ever since, and it never happened again. I asked my housekeeper if she did this and she said no.

But then, weirder and weirder things kept happening.

I was lying in bed and had just finished the snack I made for myself and I set the metal tray on my bedside table. A few minutes later, it picked up and slammed back on the table. Just one of the many weird things that have been happening. The next morning I woke up to see my pant leg floating up in the air, and then drop. After that, shadows have been appearing all over my house. It seems to like appearing in the corners when I'm looking at my TV. It has also appeared to be walking down the stairs. I saw it float down them in my TV's reflection. I also come home to my stuff moved around or totally hidden in my room.

The only hard evidence I have of it is a video on my computer's webcam. I would upload it, but it's a precautionary thing. I don't want my face to be on the Internet. But what happened is my friend and I (ironically were making a "fake ghost video") and after we shot the first scene, I left my laptop on my bed, webcam turned OFF, and my friend and I took a break and were talking, and I look over at my computer, and it's video taping me and my friend talking! I couldn't believe it! Then I watch it a couple of times. In the beginning of the video, it spent about twenty seconds taping the ceiling, then, my computer flips around and videotapes my friend and I. I was amazed. If you look really closely, you can see a gray shadow of some sort in the reflection of my TV while the computer spins around. (again it appears in the TV) And if you listen closely, you can hear a very deep voice say "doooooorr" after my friend says "no the door breaking." I think we confused it because in the first shot we took, we say "we found a ghost in the house, and we want to catch it on tape" It must have not understood that we were being sarcastic.

I was on this website the other day reading some stories and my lights started to flicker. Then, I could taste the incense they burn in church. It was so strong I couldn't believe it. The lights continued to flicker for maybe twenty seconds, but I could smell and taste the incense very strongly for about ten minutes. Maybe the lights were flickering because the light bulb was old, but the incense was unexplainable, because I don't burn it and neither does my family. We don't even have any of it.

The most recent was last night, and I saw this grey shadow bend over my desk like it was stressed out about something, and then disappear. Usually, I feel it's presence either in the corner or right by my bed, but I could feel it in two places that night; in the corner by my desk, and then by my door. It took me sometime to realize it was pacing back and forth in front of my bed.

I need help. I want to get rid of it. I want it to leave and I want it to find the light. Can you guys please help me find what it wants? It sounds to me like it is pretty shy and it knows I'm afraid of it. It only made itself obvious when my friend and I made that video and said "we found a ghost and want to catch it on film." It thought that maybe we had finally found it. It's a pretty curios ghost too. It doesn't like messing with me. It wants my help somehow, but it's too shy to do anything because I started screaming that night and I am afraid of it. It shows up in shadow form a lot and every time I look toward it, it disappears. Maybe it just wants a friend or something. I'll try and catch it on video and upload it for you guys.

PLEASE COMMENT! HELP ME FIND WHAT IT WANTS! THANK YOU!

No one else in my family has been having these experiences, but then again, I'm the only one in my family who has a strong belief in ghosts.

Other hauntings by ilikespirits

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ilikespirits, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shadowman (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
it seems to me it was trying to tell you something with the webcam I think it was trying to tell you to look for a dore in the roof do you have a attec maby I wouldent look alone you should have sombody with you a good friend
ilikespirits (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Thanx! I do love to write and talk. I talk a lot so I guess I'm just really good at putting it on paper... Hhahaha
SHAWTY84 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
I luv yur stories they are freakin awesome! Yur a great story teller!
ilikespirits (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
maybe he is a clean freak. I think he is looking for someone, but is too shy to bother me, but he also seems to like joking around when my freinds are over. Maybe he thinks they might do something more than I would. But anyway, I just posted another story and It's about how he acted when my friend R. (R. For privacy issues) and I think I've finally pieced together his personality.
boredghost247 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
To me it sounds like the ghost was a "clean freak" 😜. But maybe when it was walking around I your room it was sad because it wanted help and was upset that it couldn't. Or maybe it was sad about something in its lifetime and he's trying to think it over. And maybe with the web-cam he wanted to be seen, and wanted someone to know that he was still there and wanted to help you with proving it. I also think that it might have been hurt that you screamed, but don't feel bad. And when you said that it disappears when you look at it, it might have gotten to afraid to do anything so it just left.
ilikespirits (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
sorry I meant to put cute friends over. Sorry:) oops I need to work on paying more attention to the comments...
ilikespirits (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Thank you for the advice Toni, I've pretty much pushed fear aside when it comes to this entity, I don't let him freak me out anymore. I think he kind of likes messing with me. I will post another story soon, but now he keeps knocking on my door and he managed to lock it on me the other day. He always shows up when I have my... I guess cute is the right word... Over. I think he likes to mess with me because he knows nobody I know will believe me that he is there because he never does anything obvious. Well I will try and gather more information about him, thank you again!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Not sure what all this means but you sound like a very intelligent 13 year old who is sincerly looking for answers. From all that I have read it seems like we are to treat those not in body the same way we would treat anyone with a body. If you don't feel comfortable with doing this alone there may be someone older or with some paranormal experience that could help you out. My neice at age 8 saw an apparition and when she told her mother (my sister) she said call Aunt Toni she knows about this kind of thing. So I was able to explain to her what she experienced and not to be afaid because it wasn't anything harmful. I hope you have someone with whom you can discuss this without being ridiculed. It's one thing to have this site to help, many here are very knowledgable,it's even better to have a personal friend/relative to help because they can actually be with you when you confront this entity. Always remember to be polite and considerate when dealing with the paranormal. They were once a spirit with a body just like you and me.
ilikespirits (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
Thanks Amanda. I'm going to try and communicate with him when I have my friend over, because she is also haunted by an entity (but that's a whole other story) and he really likes her. I figured out he's a guy, and he's probably human. He always bugs me and my friend. But what should I use to communicate with him? ❤
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
So the ghost isn't evil just creepy eh? I would say if you are going to try any communicate with it have someone with you. You will feel more safe, and that will make it easier for you to help. But don't just go and try to talk to it. It seems pretty harmless, but then again it could just be tricking you.
I wish you luck
-amanda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: