You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Polite British Soldier

Real Ghost Stories

Polite British Soldier

 

My friends, Ying Jie and Marcus were walking Long East Coast beach. We were tired because we are working on a project called Save The Earth.

We went to a wooden bench and took a seat, we are chatting about a new game when suddenly, a young man, arm with a rifle and dress like a British soldier walked towards us.

We knew that he was a ghost because who would dress like a soldier and walk on the beach at midnight.

"Can you lend me a light sir?" the young man said.

Marcus took out his lighter and handed it to the young man.

The young man lit his cigarette and returned the lighter back to Marcus.

"Thank you sir" the young man said.

"You are welcome" Marcus said.

The young man then headed on to a dark area and vanished. We wanted to know where he was heading but it was too dark so we decided to come back the day after.

"What a polite ghost!" I told Ying Jie and Marcus.

"He is handsome too!" shouted Ying Jie. "It is such a pity that such a good youngster died".

The next day, we went back to the area where the young man went to and vanished- it was actually a grave that has been abandoned there for long time. Up there was a picture of a young British soldier that sacrificed his life for his fellow soldiers.

Marcus lit a cigarette and stuck it on to the ground. We went back and told our parents about this polite ghost...

Other hauntings by anikenlee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anikenlee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sereneamour (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
Cool! Thanks for sharing. Very nice of your friend to light a cigarette placing on his grave:)
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Hello:
I know it has been a while since you posted this, but can you give clearer information on where the grave is? Is is actually a grave, tomb, plaque, or memorial? What does is look like? I looked up Long East Coast Beach, Singapore but only found East Coast Beach near Changi where the Japanese camp was. What decade did he appear to be from? I was assuming WWII due to history, but could be incorrect since I do not know much of your history other what is on Wiki. Being a retired soldier, I LOVE your story and would like specific details. I only wish I could have seen him as you did that evening. Obviously he somehow knew that you all would appreciate this experience, which in my opinion you are indeed very fortunate to have had.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
khid (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
anikenlee: i'm really very interested to know which part (carkpark a b c d e) exactly did you encounter this? Because I use to go there a lot to fish at night. Thanks.:) kudos to your fren for lighting up a cigarette and placing it on his grave.
Lislani (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
Wow nice story. If it would have been me I would had been weak in the knees. But it sure was nice of your friend. I'm sure the soldier liked it.
Rumiton (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Corporal Stare (a First World War poem about a smoking ghost. A fag end is a cigarette butt.)

Back from the line one night in June,
I gave a dinner at Bethune -
Seven courses, the most gorgeous meal
Money could buy or batman steal.
Five hungry lads welcomed the fish
With shouts that nearly cracked the dish;
Asparagus came with tender tops,
Strawberries in cream, and mutton chops.
Said Jenkins, as my hand he shook,
"They'll put this in the history book."
We bawled Church anthems in choro
Of Bethlehem and Hermon snow,
With drinking songs, a jolly sound
To help the good red Pommard round.
Stories and laughter interspersed,
We drowned a long La Bass
indie_aspen (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Wow, I would be really scared about a ghost asking for a light.
Amazing story, quite a pleasure to read. Thanks!
I really want to go to an old place where a battle was fought some time.
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
I love your story it is great I myself am a soldier currently serving on the front lines of Iraq. I have seen a couple of soldier ghosts myself. It is great that people will be willing to help soldiers out no matter what. I always go by an old saying:Live life to the fullest and help those who cannot help themselves. Once again thanks for a wonderful story. God Bless
Emo_Death (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
that is so cool. And yeah, very generous of your friend to stick the cigeratte on his grave. 😊
colten (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
that is pretty cool I know if a ghost walked up and asked me for a light id be hesitant and nervous 😉
Tonith (1136 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
From the sounds of it this was a super intelligent haunting. The spirit was seen by everyone asked for a light and was responsive and polite to boot. I think this is a very rare occurance. I have heard of smoking ghosts but only in the residual aspect. I wonder if his love for cigaretts was his reason for hanging around on earth? Reminds me about a scene from " Defending your Life" you could eat all you wanted and never gain weight lol. Seriously though, I'm sure there are people who talked and interacted with ghosts without knowing they were ghosts until after the fact. That has to be a kicker. Seems like you and your friends took it in stride. Most of us would be having a breakdown lol.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Anikenlee--A very tender story. Your friends and you have wonderful hearts and minds to see what you think is a ghost and not be frightened but rather cooperative. As libertybelle remarks, placing a cigerette on the discovered grave was a generous tribute, both to the soldier himself, and to his trusting you to appear before. I would wager that if you were to visit the place more frequently, you might have more encounters, and maybe even find a new friend. You might even help him go to the light of eternal reward--and endless cigarettes!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
This story holds a special place in my heart. Thank you for sharing it!

Warmest blessings,

DA
anikenlee (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
i Noe where you heard it, you heard it in the true Singapore ghost stories rite? I am the person who publish that story...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting! Seems I have heard this story somewhere befpre.

God Bless!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
That is so sad, but such a nice, non-frightening encounter.

I like the way your friend responded with placing a cigarette on his grave--I'm sure he appreciated that a lot more than he would have flowers or food.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: