You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Echoy Voice

Real Ghost Stories

An Echoy Voice

 

My family and I moved to a new house. We stayed in the living room because it was hot upstairs; we slept in the living room for 2 nights. We hadn't dragged up the mattresses to the second floor and we needed to stay cool.

I and my family slept, but not well. My mom asked me in the morning if I heard anything and I said no. She told me that she had herd a voice and it sounded like it was an echo or in a tunnel. My mom said it sounded like a girl or young woman and it was coming from the basement door area. She says that it clearly said "mom?...mom?" like she was looking for someone.

My dad and mom then heard it the second night, the same thing. I and my family do believe that it was a girl that was murdered somewhere else. The family of the girl did move into the house we live in now but then moved out after.

We feel like we are being watched, followed etc. My dad once heard what sounded like typing, heard what sounded like a pile of papers fall but nothing fell. Once my mom left a half cup of orange juice out and woke in the middle of the night to find it was gone! She asked if anyone drank it and we said no.

My sister and I think that the girl's spirit tries to get attention from my parents because she wasn't able to say goodbye to her own when she died. We think that she is very nice and we hope she will stay here as long as she doesn't scare us!

Other hauntings by wolfpaw999

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wolfpaw999, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blazing-rain-of-jade-embers (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
No, you can't simply let her stay. She is a spirit in our world, trapped. You have to get a preist or something to let the spirit pass over to the afterworld. The reason spirits can't get to the afterlife after they leave their body is because they have unfinished business. If someone was murdered and the murderer was never found, their spirit may roam our world forever. Please, wolfpaw999, let her pass over to where she belongs- let her be at peace.
wolfpaw999 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
well we do know her fate because when we were looking at the house my mom is a huge fan of history and this house was built in the 1920's. She asked the landlord what this history of the house was and she said that many people moved in and out of the place. My mom asked futher questions and it soon came to her telling my mom about a couple that lived and moved out and that they moved here after their daughter was murdered. No I do not know where they are now. If you have any other questions ill be glad to tell you! 😁
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
I have the same question as rhodes, how did you come to the conclusion of the girl and her fate? Interested wanting to know. 😕
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
😆 haahaha it was the teenager ghost trying for a shelter from your parents better welcome the ghost then it doesn't disturb you
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
It doesn't seem like she bothers you and your family at all, but you should give her the opportunity to move through the light and be happy. I've found that people on earth can easily hold a spirit to our plane, which can stop them from passing on. If one of her loved ones were never able to let go of the fact that she was gone, and mourned deeply everyday then they could have kept her spirit trapped here.

She probably doesn't understand she's dead. Simply tell her that she is not where she belongs, and to move through into the light, for when she does, she will be happy and find the parents and loved ones she is looking for.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
This sounds like an interesting experience but I need to ask you how you came to the conclusion about the girl's fate and the whereabouts of her family.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
If you feel no fear from it then maybe it's time to tell her, her family doesn't live there anymore and she needs to go onto the Light. She may not even understand she is among the dead. Most of the time from what I gather all they need is the understanding of what has happened to them and that there is no need to stay where they are but to be united with loved ones that have already passed over. Maybe she wants a message given to her loved ones here and then she can peacefully go to the other side. This doesn't sound residual but sounds like an intelligent haunting. Guess its up to your family as to the course of action they want to take. I wouldn't want anyone caught between worlds so I would want to help her. Good luck with whatever you choose.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Good story. I have always found hearing voices a very freaky thing. One can only hope she finds peace.
buttchewer (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
i think you and your family should pray for her soul... Maybe it's the only way to make her feel that she no longer belongs to this world...
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
That is sad Wolfpaw999 Maybe you are right that she is trying to get your parent attention about something beside a goodbye and also you can try talk to her like if she was alive before. Trying and IT made work if not the praying for her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: