You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In My Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Apartment

 

My boyfriend and I moved into our duplex apartment in East Camden, Arkansas around Feb. 2007, 2 months before I gave birth to my son.

About two weeks after we moved in, he was at work and I woke up around 8:00 am and was watching TV in bed. I heard a loud knock on the front door.

I'm a very nervous person when it comes to strangers at the door and I won't open it unless I look out the window and recognize the person.

I got up and looked out the window but there was nobody there. I looked both ways up and down the street but saw nobody walking and no car driving off. There is no way somebody could have left that quick so I assumed they were around the side or back of the house. I looked out every window and didn't see anybody so I settled down and just chalked it up to my imagination.

About a month after I had my son Micah, it happened again around the same time. I had to get up and get some shorts on because I was in my nightgown and while I was dressing, there was another knock like someone was impatient.

I got irritated at being rushed so I yelled, "JUST A MINUTE" but I was already crossing the living room. I reached the window not even 5 seconds later and looked out to see absolutely nobody on my doorstep.

Now I KNEW that there was no way somebody could have knocked and left that fast without me seeing them because I looked out right after they knocked. This time I realized that there was something more going on than my imagination!

Another few months go by and my dog had puppies. We put her in the spare bedroom and I was again home alone with the baby. I heard a loud knocking coming from the room and I assumed the dog was bumping around.

I stuck my head in to check on her and she was laying down nursing the puppies and looking at the wall with her ears up.

All of a sudden I heard it again, a loud knocking coming from the other side of the wall, the other apartment. There was nobody living there at the time and it was locked up.

The knocking stopped and started back a minute later. I was more curious than scared at the moment so I walked up to the wall the knocking was coming from, it was coming from about chest-height and I knew it wasn't my dog so I knocked back.

It stopped for a minute after I knocked then it knocked back at me. I was unnerved to say the least but I just walked out and shut the door, I didn't know what else to do. As soon as the baby got up I got him dressed and went to visit my grandparents that day.

There is more to come in my next posts...

Other hauntings by Missmelanie04

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Missmelanie04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Well, I would have thought it was a neighbor but the apartment to the left was and is still empty and on the other side in the next duplex was a woman who worked with my boyfriend and she wouldn't do anything like that anyway. At the time, most of the apartments were empty.
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
well this sounds interesting... I don't what to comment upon this story. May be that was the wind or a neighbour of you have made a prank... Or it might be the ghost even nevertheless, use disposable or thermal cameras and make sure of what it is...

My blessings,
Kiranchandra 😐
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Wow, Jessica, that is amazing that the same thing happened to you. Almost the exact same way...spooky. I had a third part of my story but I guess it didn't go though.
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
that happened to me in my last apartment... My then boyfriend/ now husband was at work, and I was in the bedroom watching TV from my bed! Well that wall that connects my bedroom to the living room started doing some knocks... I went into the living room, to see if it were my mom, she said she was going to be at my apartment in like 10 when I talked to her! Note... I was sitting on my bed watching tv waiting for my mom to come! You know killing time! My mom had a key to that apt. So I thought nothing when I heard the knocks just went into the living room to greet her! Well, she wasn't there! I called her and she said she hadnt even left her house yet! So I went back into my room and heard the knocks again... I mean it sounded like someone was at my wall just knocking like they would at the door! So I opend my front door, and no one was there... When I heard it a third time, I knocked back! And you know sometimes you will knock in a rythem like thing... Well I went KNOCK NA NA KNOCK KNOCK, KNOCK! KNOCK! Kind of infamous rythem! And about 15 seconds later, it knocked back in the same rythem... Now Keep In Mind, that these were knocks coming from the living room side of the wall! My bedroom and living room are seperated by the same wall! So I thought it odd... And waited impatiently for my mom to come, when she arrived around 20 minutes later, I of corse told her about it! I'm glad to know that something happened almsot as exact as my story!

God Bless! 😊
<33Jessica

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: