You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Holds Me Down

Real Ghost Stories

Something Holds Me Down

 

Something, a spirit, ghost, or orb, I don't know what it is, finds me, my mother and my brother no matter where we move to. I'm here in Australia, my mom is in New Zealand. The first time it happened, I was 18, laying in bed, looking at my curtains when suddenly I couldn't move breath or yell for help. I told my mother and that is when she told me about all her experiences being held down and unable to move and speak. My Mother has seen something at the end of her bed, my brother has heard a voice (saying "I'm back") and the three of us get the same thing happening to us when we feel really tired - it happens in a second. You are like in a still trance and totally paralyzed and can't yell for help and you are AWAKE.

Last week after it happened to me 6 times in a row, straight after each other, I felt like someone was standing next to me, I looked and saw a faint white light. It moved from my right and went over my head, then over my husband's head, then stayed next to him. Around this white light was black waving like tentacles or maybe hair. This was the first time I had seen something and it was still there. I woke my husband and told him to put the light on. He had taken a sleeping pill and was too drowsy to get out of bed. I grabbed his mobile phone that when turned on, it shines a light, I put it on and we couldn't see it, when he turned it off it was still there. Until I eventually fell asleep, hours later, I never took my eyes off it. My body stayed cold and I had goose pimples all night. My husband doesn't believe in these things, but knew I was terrified of something that I couldn't take my eyes off.

I told my brother, he saw the same thing a week before me. Last night my mother saw it - her first time in 4 years but went further and it entered her body, she saw a figure of an old woman and the thing she remembers most is this woman's eyes, they were like lizard eyes greenly / bluish color. She saw from the corner of her eye my step father about to jump into bed she tried screaming out to him. He heard a faint noise and thought she was choking and grabbed her to bring her back. The second he grabbed her, she felt it leave her body through her left side. When it was inside her, she said it let her know that - it's back and has total control.

We have been blessed a couple of times and had our houses blessed and it goes, but comes back eventually. Me and my brother are scared of it. My mother isn't scared just really angry and pissed off with what ever it is keeps finding us.

We don't know what to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-30)
it sounds angry to me for some reason. I have nice spirits and ghosts they are not strong to do that to me they only have a little force which is hardly nothing. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
OMG that is soo scary its strange because my experience is EXACTLY LIKE THAT! Except that I don't see anything or hear voices but mine is like that my mum aexperiences it and she knows its bad because she can feel the evil and shes been told by 'special' people shes been to see! I have always thought it was sleep paralysis that I was experiencing but reading this story I have realised its exactly like my experiences and the trances and everything! Its soo strange and scary too . You've just explained everything a lot better than I was able to in my story 'Holding me down'! Stay blessed. And all the luck in the waorld. All the love xx
jack (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Maybe it is just sleep paralysis, but there is a spirit menacing you all in your sleep for fun, I suggest ride these experiences out and see what happens.
If you wanna talk just mail me
pureparkourpracticioner [at] hotmail.co.uk


peace
Kat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
Creepy I would be really pissed off too, maybe it wants something or hates someone you are related to. Who knows?
Pink_Candy_girl (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Maybe it's an angry ghost/spirit and it wants revenge. But I don't know it is just a thought.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
Wow, and I thought I had a bad experience, you can read my story sleep interupted by spirits and see how I dealt with it. Sounds as if you and your family members are dealing with a vary strong spirit, possibly a demonic presense. I see where you say you have been blessed and the entity returns. Have you tried a cleansing ceremony? I see that you are in Australia. Quite possibly contacting an aboriginal tribe and seeing if the Shaman can help you. Native American Shamans use white sage and other herbs to remove negative energy, maybe an aboriginal Shaman has a method that could work to the same end. Have faith and stay strong something will work.
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
Hello Tasha: Please read my story on this site "Demons and Sleep Paralysis" where I had an occurence similar to yours. I didn't actually see the old hag but I heard her voice along with a male voice. To this day I have no idea what it meant because up until that point I had only heard male voices and seen male figures in my room. The female voice said to me "We should have never let you get away from us", then the male voice said "You will never get away from us"...It's been about 4 years since that happened and thankfully I have not had another encounter. I simply rebuke them in the name of Jesus Christ and they leave me alone. Next time it happens to you recite it in your head and do it loudly "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ now get out and leave me alone". Repeat it over and over until it is gone. The only one who can deliver you from that evil is God. Put your trust in him sister and you won't go wrong. Good blessings to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: