You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What We See in the Corner of Our Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

What We See in the Corner of Our Eyes

 

As a child I was always seeing things. Growing into a teenager I was "spooked" by weird shapes and I always "felt" things. At times I have had a fascination with air particles in a stream of light. Or the floaters in your eye... They always have interested me and sometimes I would adjust my sight to other things, like the density of walls. I guess I was trying to see the dynamics of matter. Well, quite a few times I have had the walls change into faces that change from one face to another and yet another over and over until I stop seeing that way. But if I gaze for any length of time at a blank wall for instance I start seeing faces. The faces bulge from the walls and look a little smaller then lifelike I sometimes wonder is that where they get the ideas for horror movies about the face that bulges out of the wall. Have other people seen this? What do you think? Are these ghosts I am seeing? The other thing is those white fluffy things you see in the corner of your eye and then you turn your head and they are gone. What are they?

Other hauntings by robynhoodwinker

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
Yeah I know wot you mean about the wall seeming to turn 3D, I used to stare at it all the time, its just your eyes tuning into differing patterns and lines they think they could be seeing, its funny what your eyes do, like if you stare into mirror for a minute or two your face changes. Wen I say used to stare at wall all the time I mean wen I was lying in bed trying to sleep, not stood staring at a wall all day that would be weird 😕
bellejardine (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-18)
When you spoke of 'floaters' in your eyes, Robynhoodwinker, you reminded me of the first dream that I ever recall having, I must have been under 3. I went to a large place that I NOW would describe as a warehouse. There was a big bin with these transparent colored circles in it. They were Raspberry Red, Lemon Yellow and Orange Orange just like Trix cereal. I put lots of them in a string bag and brought them home with me, and I have seen floaters ever since. Now I wonder if some sort of screw up didn't occur in my brain that affected my sight then.

The first unexplained thing I can remember happening was when I was in 5th grade, studying in a breakfast nook, with the shadows of leafy tree branches on the wall, and I saw a scene in silhouette, a girl ran, chased by a dog or a wolf, she climbed up into the bottom branches of a tree and the dog/wolf jumped up with its paws on the tree trunk. This almost perfectly describes a scene from 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S Lewis. However, I did not read that book until I was 18 or so.

Since then, things have happened. Not very often, but more often of late than formerly.

I wake up at night, and I see things, in Technicolor! Often, it is something that I looked at during the day. It can be as mundane as a BankAmerica sign appearing on the wall (I had been looking for one that day). Or a jeweled snake crawling out of the wall. (I had seen the tail of a snake slither away in the bushes at sunset, down on an old dairy pasture where I take my puppies to play twice daily. But often it has nothing to do with anything... A zip lock bag of small toys and penny candy appeared floating between my husband's head and mine one night. There have been some that I consider sinister. I have learned to ignore them all and go back to sleep. I think for some obscure reason that the most sinister one was composed of some long sticks of driftwood, kept in a vase in the living room, appeared by my bed, arranged in the the semblance of an angular human form, wearing a green cotton shirt that I knew very well was hanging on the clothesline in the garden. I have also seen skeletons... In the 1990s I collected Memento Mori Art with skeletons and I have quite a bit of it around. One night I woke up and a little skeleton with a rose wreath around its skull was messing with the ghetto blaster in the corner. The skeleton was actually part of a statue in the living room that my sister had given me, which depicted two skeletons embracing and the words, forever together where ever, and was meant to commemorate the Grateful Dead. My sister didn't know that.
Anyways, this was early in the inception of this phase, I had a friend whose ex husband had recently died and who had been a big Grateful Dead fan. I boxed that thing up and sent it to her. Never told her about it though.

😊 Now I roll over and go back to sleep. I did cry when I saw the snake thought... I don't like them. I was bitten as a child by a rattler.

Sorry to be so long winded, but does anyone experience anything like this at all?
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Same problem My mum Sat on this couch.
So this is my lounge room there's a couch facing the wall in front of you when you just come in and there's another one facing the t.v and the t.v is on the right side wall facing the couch and the 1 facing the t.v my mum sits on and when she's watching t.v she swears she sees a shadow run past, cause when I was about 4 my dad died my mum got her fortune told and the lady said that if she didn't move out of that house then he will scare her and stuff. If it keeps going on then we'll have to move. But soon we are moving to Darwin.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
you maybe just getting paranoid I thought I was once until I turned and there was a ghost staring straight at me. 😊and one other ghost ran straight into me. I have seen another one which just stared at me then a other who didn't show her face but I could hear her voice and she made a bang as if she dropped something.
Azhura (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
It's strange that I have the same exact thing, and I was randomly drawn to your story here tonight by coincidance, very strange indeed, never been to this site either, check my email.
S_wolfmoon (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
Shane, is there a way to get any sort of clarity on these 'aparitions' in our sight? I've been seeing them a lot more frequently lately, although I used to see them a lot when I was younger. I don't get the faces thing, but I do see things that aren't really there out the corner of my eye, almost hourly... And have been assured that there is nothing wrong with my eyesight. Good luck with it though robynhoodwinker!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
unfortunately some people give advice that they have picked up from the T.V. Or movies robinhoodwinker. The more acurate term to use would be, Pareidolia, it describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds.
But it almost sounds to me as if you are catching glimpses of another plane of existence. Question is do you want to continue seeing these things?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
robynhoodwinker (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
what is "matrixing"? I looked on google and it said; Matrixing is the linear mixing of two or more signal channels at specific amplitudes and phases to form two or more new signals. These new signals can be combined in similar ways to recover the original signals. The circuit topology used for matrixing is called a matrix. Matrixing is a linear addition of signals used to encode directional information, eg, Scheiber matrixing used in Dolby Surround-sound, and it is not the same as modulation..." So, what do you mean? Anyone?
nooshin (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
im 12 and this is always happening to me. Except it isn't from the corner of my eye. I see big shadows on my bed and a male voice speaking to me inside my head. I'm not crazy, I swear! I always feel cold breezes and I think its where the ghost is touching me. For instance, I was doing my homework when I felt it on my right wrist. No-where else, just my wrist
ALYSSA (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
Sometimes when I am alone I can feel a breeze of cold air and then when I get home sometimes I find out someone has died.
melissa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
thats what I did to. When I was little. But then I relized that they were just alushions
Frenchie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
Hey robynhoodwinker, what you are doing is called 'matrixing', when you look at something long enough to form facial images or when you automatically form a facial image when youl ook at an object. You should look into it.
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
That happens to me too, but Kirby and Heather are right. I have a poster in my room with a bunch of puppies on it. If I stare at it for a while, it "changes" to a greusome face but it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.
Heather (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
I think that you are probably manifesting these faces . When you look at something long enough or are trying SO hard to see certain things your mind tends to play tricks on you. As far as the little white cloudy things in your eye, its probably just sleepy (eye boogers).
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
I don't see many ghosts in our house, probably because it is only 5 years old. But yes, we have had hauntings. But these ghosts sure are shy! It is normal to see things out of the corner of your eyes. Mostycloud it ends up being a strnd of hair or eyelash. Or maybe even your own shadow. But, sometimes, it MAY be a ghost. Watching. I'd keeo a camera me if I were you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: