You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House My Mother Grew Up In 2

Real Ghost Stories

The House My Mother Grew Up In 2

 

Since my mom heard the scream coming out of my room, I went to sleep in her room every night, except when I had friends over.

These are the less freaky things that happened in our house:

My mom and I were in her room one night, just sitting and talking about random stuff and the cat sleeping soundly at my feet, when we heard something in the kitchen. All the lights in the house were out, just the light in the room we were in was on, and we were all alone.

What we heard almost sounded like a spoon being dropped on the floor. We just got quiet and listened to "somebody searching for something in a drawer" in the kitchen- those were the sounds we heard. In the meantime, the cat jumped off the bed and peeked down the hall in the direction of the kitchen and suddenly the hair on her back stood up and she made a hissing sound, as if something scared her, and she turned around and jumped back on the bed and went straight to my mom.

So we decided to go and find out what was going on, but we needed to get some protection first, just in case someone broke in or something... I grabbed my brother's cricket bat he left there when he moved out, but my mom just grabbed the object nearest to her, which was her hair dryer... I just looked at her as if she was out of her mind and asked her if she thought she could protect herself with a hairdryer. We just burst out laughing! I went out to see if there was someone in the house, but luckily there was no-one, and again, nothing was out of place in the kitchen.

A few days later I had 3 friends over for the weekend- so in total, it was me, my mom, and my friends Leon, Michelle and Lizmi.

That night we all decided that we were in the mood for pizza and a few DVD's. My friends said that they'd stay home while Mom and I went to get the pizza and all that. I know I closed the door behind me- I actually told Lizmi to lock the door.

What happened when we were gone was: While Leon and Michelle were in my room Lizmi decided to make some coffee, so she put the kettle on and went back to my room. When she got back in the kitchen to see if the kettle was boiling, she noticed that the door was open. She just thought that it was the wind, because she forgot to lock the door, and went to the back to close the door and this time she locked it, but left the key in the door.

From the door she went straight to the fridge to get the milk, but when she turned around, the door stood wide open again and the key was lying on the kitchen table. She just ran to my room, but Leon and Michelle could see something happened to Lizmi. She told them what happened and they walked with her to close the door again, and they decided to stay in the kitchen to see if anything else happened, but nothing did...

That's what they told us when we got home.

The stuff we heard in the kitchen happened almost every third or fourth night, after a while we got used to it. The thing about the back door never happened again, but it seemed like the ghost didn't like Lizmi very much, because every time she took a shower at my house, the shower doors wouldn't open again...

Other hauntings by _Izanne_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, _Izanne_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
That is pretty scary. Haha. Sounds like a normal day at my house! 😆 Except at mine, I can see all the ghost and hear them and talk to them... Which gives me headaches because they never leave me alone and I am never alone with them wanting help.

With the fact of something going through the kitchen drawers... Well... Maybe the thing that is in your house doesn't know that he/she is dead, so they are living their normal lives. A lot of ghosts do not even know that they are dead after it happens.

With the door opening and closing, maybe the ghost just wanted fresh air or they were insisting that your friend would get out of the house. 😆 Actually, to be serious, I have no clue why the door would keep opening... Maybe the spirit wanted your friends attention or needed her help with something, but was too afraid to go to her.

With the shower door staying shut, maybe the ghost was protecting your friend from something that could be going on -back to where they might not even know that they are dead- or maybe your friend reminds the spirit of someone, so it is protecting her. Another thing could be that the spirit doesn't like your friend being in the house and wants her to get out, thinking that if it locks her in the shower when she is over, that she will stop coming over.

It is really really scary in your house it seems. Hmmm... A lot of unexplained things going on.
thygreatspirit (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
I've read all of your stories and I have commented on the third one.
Like I did say on the third post, you should call in some paranormal investigator - this could get serious, but it could just stay how it is. Better safe then sorry!
At the time, enjoy having a haunted house - it's unique and rare. People normally think their houses are haunted when they're not, but your house is definetly haunted. Make the most of it, try and find out a bit more history about the house.
Your mum getting a hairdryer made me laugh! 😆 It's helpful to laugh when you're scared!
Good luck,
Rhiannon.
chloe6991 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Your right something in the house must not have liked er very much. It was like it was opening the door to say please leave your not welcome here. Again I think it'd be very interesting to find out the history of the house.

~Chloe
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
the thing about the shower doors: if anyone was alone in there, it wouldn't open, but if there was someone with the other person, it would slide open easily.
And my mom was the coolest! She always cracked us up! All of my friends said that she was like a second mom to them 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Wow interest story and one thing that funny that your mom is funny about the hairdryer it like she going to dryer the inteode I mean the person that broke in but the spirits.lol.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Oh wow... The shower doors didn't open again? That's gotta be embarassing to say the least!

Hm...door-opening ghosts seem to be common. It sounds like a poltergeist. Your mom sounds like a cool person too!

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: