You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Whose Calling My Name?

Real Ghost Stories

Whose Calling My Name?

 

This started a while back when I was 7 or 8 in KY where I still live in the same house.

My family and I had moved all the way across town, which at my age didn't bother me; I didn't change schools or anything. Shortly after we moved in and fixed the place up it started once in a while I would hear my name called, it would always sound just like my dad so I would run up stairs and ask him what he wanted me for and he would tell me he never yelled my name.

At first I thought my dad was just messing with me because he likes to joke around, but as I grew older and when I was alone at home it started happening more and more. After a while of hearing my name called I got used to it still believing my dad was messing with me.

During one weekend I was downstairs by myself with my dog watching TV while my dad was upstairs asleep when I heard my name called again. I knew my dad was asleep. I got up off the bed walked out the room and down the short hall and through my living to the stairs. All the lights upstairs were off, but I checked my dad anyhow he was still asleep, I went back downstairs pretty creeped out. My dog didn't follow me back into the room or even into the hallway. I began watching TV again when I felt like someone was watching me. I got freaked out and turned off the TV and left the room and back out the hallway where my dog was waiting for me.

This started to happen so much I would no longer go into that room or even that hallway if the lights were off. I would get scared to death just looking at that hallway with the lights off; pretty soon I would not even go into the hallway with the lights on unless I had someone with me. Then about a year after being deathly afraid of that hallway once again I was home alone I guess I was somewhere along the age of 11 thinking I was big enough to stay at my house alone or so I thought.

I was watching TV in the living room the hallway is connected to the living room and was to my right. As I was watching TV I heard my name called from the hallway like a whisper the first time I barely heard it. A couple of minutes later I heard my name called again from the hallway louder this time I jumped and stood up looking into the dark hallway I can't remember if I saw anything, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. I ran upstairs and turned on everything I could lights, TV's, & Computers. I got over it after a while never telling anyone about it or anything before that.

Soon after that I was playing hide and go seek with my younger brother. He used to always hide in the closet of the room where I felt watched. I went into the closet feeling proud knowing I had him for I saw the clothes moving on the hangers, I pushed some of the clothes aside with great effort I might add for my mom had like 100 pounds of clothes hanging from the crap. I found no one, but I knew he was hiding in there I pushed back part of the clothes that were moving, then I pushed aside more of them where I heard someone laughing. Soon I gave up and yelled for my brother to come out, he yelled from the outside the room farther down the hall in the other room, I then heard voices talking and laughing to each other well I got out of there so fast it wasn't funny and was scared out of my mind.

It got pretty quiet after that I would still hear my name called like once a month, but it really quietened down, but I was still scared of the hallway and any part of the house with no lights on. The room where you walk into my house lights used to be off almost all the time, so I would run as fast as I could to the upstairs and to the living room.

A couple of months after I turned 12 while I was doing something when I jerked my head up for whatever reason and I saw this figure he was light blue almost white and wore clothes that looked like they where from like 20 or 30 years ago. He wore a nice looking suit and a hat that had a feather in it he just looked at me and I at him for what was only a few seconds then he was gone. After that I was badly shook up scared of all the downstairs unless I had someone with me, but to my surprise it just stopped and I can't remember ever hearing him call my name again after that, yet I would still feel like someone was watching me and have cold spots once in a while.

I am now 16 and I still can feel him watching me every once in a while especially when I talk about him. I've told my friends about him and they have all laughed at me for being afraid of my hallway, my mom doesn't believe me, my brother who I found out also had the voice calling his name doesn't want to believe in ghosts because of his Christian religion. My dad is one of the few people who believe even though it has never happened to him.

About a year ago it started up again, but differently he just walks up behind me and watches me I can't see him, but I know he's there. Around 6 months ago my light started to flicker on and off I thought nothing of it, until it went on for around 10 minutes straight I had been reading into ghosts and had been talking about him to my dad and the few friends who believed me, I finally got the courage to unplug the light half expecting it to keep on flickering I'm just glad it didn't. Around 3 or 4 months ago I told another friend about it and he told me about his ghost that he can see and talk to, he talked me into going into the hallway by myself with the lights off and speak to him.

As I sat down I began to try to clear my mind, but I've never mediated or anything like that before so it was difficult, as I managed to clear away most of my thoughts I began to listen and ask him questions trying to hear him, the most I heard were whispers I couldn't understand or quiet thumps, I thought I had just stayed there for 5 minutes at the most, but my friend who I was on the phone with told me he had been trying to talk to me for 20 minutes, I don't remember anything I may have heard or done in those 20 minutes, but I gave up after that night thinking it was a lost cause.

About a week after that I woke up for school and went to jump in the shower like every morning I heard him yell "BOO!" I jumped woke up completely and looked around for him I still couldn't see him so I asked, "Why did you scare me?" I didn't get an answer and haven't tried to talk to him since, yet I can feel him watch me at night I don't think he is a bad ghost, but I'm afraid to learn how to talk with him. I haven't been able to learn anything about this house, so I know next to nothing about who lived here before us or if anyone died here and I have idea who he could be.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Japdude3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Japdude3 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Did you move to a new place or did it just stop randomly? Might have also been that you got older and didn't want to hear it.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
I remember hearing my own name called many times when I was younger (usually it seemed to be my own voice in an urgent whisper).

This has not happened for years, but it still freaks me out.
Japdude3 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Thanks for the comment and ideas/views NightGhost. I'm thinking he must be confused and wants help or at least wants attention or else he wouldn't always follow me.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
I liked your story, maybe this ghost or whatever he may be is just as curious as you and kind of shy? Not sure just like to throw out ideas. If he is always behind you and not in front of you that would say he'd rather observe you then you observe him. Who knows maybe he is lost like most ghosts are. 😉
Japdude3 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Thanks for the advice ThatRandomGuy. I've been talking with my dad about it and trying to figure out exactly how we should proceed, but one things for sure I'll have to talk to him hopefully he won't mind my dad being with me that hallway itself gives me bad vibes.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Well, you have quite a situation there. I would say move but that won't solve anything, now will it? My advice; Maybe you should get firm. Not mean, just firm. Tell him, "If you want my help ask, you don't have to hide." That's one thing you could say, though there are countless ways to.
Be careful how you say it though: Don't make him mad, that's never good. Just make him understand if he needs help than he needs to say it 😉 I hope things get better for you.
Japdude3 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Thanks for the advice Tonith. It would be a lot easier to do if I could actually hear him, because I can't hear him anymore it feels like I'm talking to a wall rather then to someone, plus he likes to stand behind rather then in front of me.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Maybe all those years he was calling your name and your brother's to get attention. After you saw the apparition the name calling was over but the presence still seemed to be there. Maybe he needs to be told to go to the Light with nothing to fear. Just talk to him like you would any other person. He doesn't seem to be hostile in any way. He may just be confused as to where he is and what is happening to him. I know this is a lot for a teen to take on but being that your father has been supportive maybe he would help you send this spirit forward.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: