You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Ouija And Our Mistake

Real Ghost Stories

The Ouija And Our Mistake

 

Pestered by the remorse of my friend's grandpa, we triggered out a way to find out what he wanted from him or what he was trying to put across. The solution was the Ouija board. We attempted it one fine Saturday evening. My friend Jabez was very new to this, he hesitated a bit but later put up some guts and we sat at it.

We started it, after awhile we knew that we had initiated another problem. We had his neighbor with us in the process. All the three of us were at it. The problem arose when we tried to contact his grandpa but instead made a doorway for another spirit. We didn't realize we had conjured up some other spirit until the neighbor started laughing out loud and simultaneously crying, startling the two of us seated right beside him. Though we didn't get a message from it, we could absolutely feel its presence inside the room.

The guy started crying out too loud, and we heard him talk like a woman, this confirmed that it wasn't his grandpa. His crying intensified. Terrorized by this, we skipped and wrapped the boards back, trying to get him out of trouble. We left the room and put him to sleep. He did sleep.

This night was the first ever that I witnessed the works of a poltergeist. We started hearing things, seeing things flying around and things moving right before our eyes and to our shock some elements defying gravity. My friend almost lost it, I could see him shivering, I knew we had worsened the situation and had welcomed something else.

The cots started shaking too. The neighbor who was upstairs came down, his eyes were like flames of fire, looking straight into my eyes and stood staring for a very long time. In an instant he charged towards us and pinned me down. I couldn't believe he had so much strength in that petite body. The blow he gave me left me unconscious, it was also because of the impact of my head hitting against the solid floor. I blacked out.

I was awoken by Jabez's parents, the next day morning. They misunderstood the whole thing, thinking we were all lying down drunk. The neighbor had left. However he was seriously in trauma for the next few weeks. Jabez and I were equally troubled too, except for the fact that my physical injury turned my attention from it. This didn't end with this, now Jabez's family is facing serious problems and can't enter a room alone.

We tried to figure out the problem but ended up bringing up a new one. The problem gave over after we called for a priest and he blessed the home and some of the locals did some rituals.

Everything's back to normal except for the fact that Jabez's neighbor reacts very strangely. He seems to have completely forgotten the two of us. He doesn't smile at us or doesn't even react at us.

We screwed up totally; at least he's getting better now. But since this we have not encountered anything with his grandpa.

Other hauntings by blank

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blank, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
I am sure I know the problem. So, I ask you one question: Did you say goodbye? 😐
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
[at] VivekThekote - Thanks for your concern dude. But don't think we attempted it for fun, we were left with no other choice, if expert advice was the best possible thing out of it, we would have spent more time on it trying to make believe of the troubles we were facing.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
[at] FlaviaFerns - I wouldn't call them scary, instead would call them one of the craziest inventions.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
[at] garbagegigo - Hey its a little unclear as to who your addressing the comments too. Anyways I owe you a bundle of thanks for taking the time and effort to comment on this thread.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
[at] scrapmetalkitten - Thanks a tonne for your concern. The neighbor of Jabez's is quite okay now, at least from the news I've heard from the recent times. Have not had time to meet him up. Lucky enough we didn't screw too much. But feeling excited that it was quite an experience to share.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
does that neighbor still act weird or is he just avoiding you because of the whole incident that happened? You were lucky it wasn't you that got possessed! Be careful
garbagegigo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
Sorry I am commenting on this post many months later but one thing western people do not get is that in India it is a commonly accepted fact that possessions happen.

No one will be crawling over someone who is possessed because in India the same people who say they don't believe in such stuff will privately do pujas and consult astrologers before they do anything important. You might have read about Indian movie stars, politicians etc consulting astrologers before doing something of great importance.

One thing that really ticks me off about people CLAIMING to believe in the supernatural is that they want to be spoon-fed everything. In the real world nobody spoon-feeds nobody, except little infants. So if you don't believe in such phenomena, why do you think that someone will come to YOU and show YOU proof that such things exist. We have a saying in our culture that "the thirsty person goes to the well". If you want proof, go search for it yourself (you will be inundated) otherwise be honest enough to say that you do not believe in the paranormal or at least honestly say that you do not have the time nor energy for such matters.

There are many many things that the lay-person will never ever know of. I do not know if this is good or bad but this is merely the way things are. I read in a book (those who have read it will know instantly) that there are two types of magicians. The armchair type and the ones who practice the stuff. One just sits in a chair and theorizes while the other one actually practices the stuff and becomes proficient in it.

I do not wish to single out anyone personally but I have come across this type of thinking many times. In the end, I would like to say that there are things that are way beyond the average person's comprehension. There are things that science, in it's present state, cannot prove. Just because someone knows something does not entitle you to their knowledge and they in almost all cases will not be willing to part with it because they will have worked very hard to get it.

I know of at least one member on this very board who knows a lot more than he tells in his stories but good luck trying to get any answers out of him.
FlaviaFerns (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Ouija board is just not the thing you need to use to help... Such things like Ouija boards spells & books that look like a medium to contact the dead are the most scariest things...
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Hi Dude,

Nice Chilling story, I have heard this type of incidents among most teenagers they call spirits for fun but at last they land in trouble. So a good parental advice is needed so that childrens at this age should not get indulge.

Ouija Boards are very dangerous games because one mistake will follow us for th entire life until some necessary steps are taken to curb it.

God is with you so now the problem is solved. Take care God bless you & your family.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
Very true, but sometimes when your in a trauma, in a serious trouble and don't know what to do, you're just left with no option. It's obviously a bad option and we regret it but couln't help getting our hands on it. Thankfully that chapter has come to an end. Thanks buddy. Take Care.
happy (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
ouija boards are a tool usually for the dark side. Any good psychic medium would tell you never play with them as you don't know what you are inviting into your home.It,s like leaving your front door open and any dick tom an harry walking in and there's nothing you can do to stop them entering
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
hmmm maybe... And hey have you had any experience with ouija boards, things just came back to normal.
shaishav34 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Man, that's terrifying, Ouija Boards can really turn like a death trap if something fails. However, at times it also proves to be a useful thing for some.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Hey thanks buds, am really grateful for the concern you are showing. Will really sort it out and let you know what the reason was, behind this.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Of course you do not. NO ONE knows what happened 100% to your friend. He was not taken to the hospital immediately for testing, he was not sent into a scientific community for full paneled labs...
I was giving you an alternative option to what MAY have happened INSTEAD of a possession or a poltergeist. I was pointing it out in the elemental way.
But that is OK. There does not seem to be a way to make this suggestion a possibility in your mind. That is part of good investigating, and research. Looking at ALL available options, no matter how ludicrous they may look at the first go.
No worries. I will let it go, as further explanations would just serve to frustrate.
Thank you.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Sure thanks man, I understand what your trying to put forward, but am not sure how far it's true.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
I guess I am being misunderstood.
This COULD be his entire "problem" and it COULD be ironed out with just a bit of loving attention. My personal point in pointing it OUT was that he succumbed to SOMETHING.
There was a lack of parental "stepping in", as they were not readily available to him, nor the Grandfather. It is NOT easy for someone who is NOT the parent (though he BE the GRANDparent) to theoretically take the parents place.
In the event that he WAS suffering through something that only the parent figures could solve, he was sorely lacking for support as well as attention. PERHAPS in the absence of his parents (as they were out bringing in the bread) something ELSE took their place, if only for an instance.

Just for the record... I was trying to "pull the answers out"...
I got MY answer from your response. Yes, I WILL keep to the COMMUNITIES topics.
Thank you.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
May be your true buds... But let's stay away from this topic and let's stick to the community's topic.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
Only in material goods, blank.
Those persons are NOT poor where it is important.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
Yes but most people are unaware of it, and the only ones aware stay poor... 😭
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
How very sad that money is more important than love. I would HOPE that dealing with the loss of money that it took for them to get home to their possibly possessed son would not taint their vision of him so much that they would not get him help.
Money does not make the world go round. It makes it more comfortable, but love is the glue that keeps us all grounded.
Thank you.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Thanks Whitebuffalo, the reason that his parents weren't much concerned is that they were living elsewhere making money. He was all alone living with his grandpa. It is after his death that they came down. They would be going back in a while, leaving him at his uncle's place. And thanks again.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I've not read the other comments, so if I repeat something, I am very sorry.
First things first.
I am certainly NOT going to tell you it was a slip in good judgement to use a tool to get the job done. I think, by that comment, that you probably "get" my opinion of Ouija usage. I would caution you, however, to brush up on a few of the techniques, OR seek out a learned individual for future associations with said board.
I am going to have to disagree with your off hand assessment of a "poltergeist" visit.
I hesitate...

The neighbor whose eyes were allegedly like flames...
Was this the SAME neighbor that experienced the "sit in" with the entity from the board (meaning that he became overly emotional as the ghost was sharing his EXACT living space)?

Here is MY dilemma.
Spirit Possession (more accurately "ghost possession") is quite rare.
In the advent that this neighbor of yours HAD become possessed I should think the local religious authorities would be crawling all OVER him trying for evidence of such a phenomenon. For centuries the religions have been trying to prove that there IS such a thing as possession, and here there is a boy wandering the streets of India with supposed symptoms that would seem to POINT toward that diagnosis.
Furthering that thought...
Those on the OTHER SIDE of religion would ALSO enjoy verification of such a phenomenon. For them it would DISprove the "straight to Heaven or Hell" theory.
Right?
That IS what you are trying to say, is it not?
Why has his parental figures not solicited assistance for his mental health? Or HAVE they? You did not say.
Wa'-do
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Hey guys thanks for all those usefull suggestions. They were really worth, but one more thing, I knew all the consequences of it. We had no second choice. Guess its a lesson, but it wasn't a mere lesson to the others. But sure will not try it again until am skilled enough 😉 Thanks guys.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
ThatRandomGuy: That's madness! Under no circumstances should you ever consult a Ouija.

In my opinion even suggesting it is bad. There is a reason that the deceased are function on their own plane. They should almost ALWAYS stay there. Even in good intentions Ouija related "conflict" can do more harm than good.

Like I said, there is a reason that us and ghosts function in different planes of existance. Could you imagine the chaos that would ensue if both planes merged into one?!
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Oh hey!
First of all I'd like to mention that messing up with Ouija Boards is not a child's play! It requires professional ethics and knowledge. I can say that because I had experienced something similar, similar to your incident! So be careful 😉
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
That neighboir got owned, aha just kidding.

Pretty creepy stuff that, I hope all this stuff resolves for you and your neighbour recorvers. Peace out dude.

Trust in the lord forever 😁

Webbmanwebbyuhwebbnting
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
...I've recommended a Ouija Board once. Just once. I feel bad now. But what's done is done and we've all learned our lessons. You stories never fail to amuse me 😊
SupernaturalWaffle (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
You need to tell the spirit to leave after you're done otherwise the spirit thinks it's welcomed and will stay. Never play the Ouija board in that house again. It is dangerous! 😨
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
I wouldn't call myself evil. I'm more twisted. I am a man of God but I'm somewhat warped by it. Honestly I'm trying to stop people from making the same mistakes I have.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: