You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Spirits Ring

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirits Ring

 

This is something that happened when I was younger. I have confirmed with my parents it truly happened.

I can remember us kids upstairs in the loft playing, we could hear our uncles yelling, cheering as they watched the soccer game. While we were playing we heard three knocks on the door, no one was there. With the third knock the door flew open and this gush of wind came in from out of nowhere and the lights went out. We could hear screaming, crying and banging it sounded like a train went by.

I was so scared as I felt the coldness through my spine. Then a voice came from nowhere. I couldn't understand it but the sound of it was frightening, it sounded like a record being played backwards.

The priest was called to bless the house that same day. My aunt kept fainting as well as other things happening, there are to many details to fit but whatever it was finally left.

Two days later the priest died (death unknown). My aunt never knew how or what split her lip open but she still has a huge ugly scare. My uncle says they did some remolding in the house and my aunt found a beautiful ring. She refused to put it back and he seems to think it was maybe the ghost of the owner trying to claim the ring back. He said that is why the entity split her lip open. After everything happened she did place the ring back in the wall.

Other hauntings by mgtor

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mgtor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Hmm interesting story. I agree the story seems a little flimsy, but it isn't totally unbelievable.

Whitebuffalo - Men of religion are still men none the less. Because of that, even if they are "supposed" to follow rules and check with the next in the chain of command does not mean they always will. To me, it isn't that surprising that someone would go out to their home ASAP. I think a lot of it has to do with the person, the church, ect. Not everyone follows proper procedure. What I am trying to say here, is that rules are not set in stone, rules will be broken and people will be people.

Also, I don't really see why they couldn't clear their schedules. I don't know about Priests per-say, but my pastor from my old church, helped anyone any time he could. If I called him at 10PM and told him I was having an issue, he would either talk to me on the phone, or stop by my house. Some people are just dedicated like that.

It seems you are really nitpicking over the whole visitation of the priest. I hardly think every single priest/pastor/holy man would always follow proper procedure.

That being said, I do still agree with you that the story seems slightly fabricated, if not simply exaggerated. Perhaps it wasn't as extreme as her family makes it out to be, but it may be how they remember it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Very good, Cholulteca.
This much I understand.
For deaths, and births. A priest can, and WILL rearrange, his schedule to provide needed support to the family.
For a POSSESSION, or an exorcism it MUST be acknowledged and approved by the next up in the chain of religious command.
Which gets sticky.
If I call my priest today and tell him there is a family situation and I am in need of his assistance, he will be out this evening.
If I call my priest today and tell him my house is in need of a spiritual cleansing, he will have to get that approved.
If I call my priest today and tell him that one of my children is in need of spiritual counseling as they really screwed up, he will be out to the house with an arsenal of tools to help us ALL through the situation.
If I call my priest today and tell him there may be shadow people in the corner of my kitchen and they are frightening my children...
He WILL come out to SEE to the children's fears.
He would not be able to assist in ridding the HOME of the entities as he would have to have approval.
The REASON being...
If EVERY time a person called and said they thought there was a ghost in the house the priest would drop everything and go to the house, nothing would ever be done. If every time someone claimed paranormal activity the priest would come running, he would be labeled a fool by society as if people have issues believing in God, angels and saints, WHY would they believe in the souls of our dearly departed?
I have seen the Metropolitan Cathedral. I have touched the walls of the Palacio de Bellas Artes. I have BEEN.

That is not the point. The story claims that the priest came out that same day and rid the home of the negative entity. And that just two days later, HE expired.
After BLESSING a house (NOT an exorcism).

Reading back through all of the comments, I think I found the issue. There is a communication glitch.
I am talking about an EXCORSISM.
I am talking about a POSSESION.
I am talking about a "procedure" that COULD take hours, to days to complete.
I am talking about protocol, and procedure...

You BOTH are talking about acts (a VISIT). Massive difference in meanings.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
WhiteBuffalo,

I am from Mexico too and I must say that a priest will go to your house if you call him, believe me, on my Dad's funeral, I have a priest coming to my house to say Mass...good, bad?, out of the rules?, I can not judge, but this does happen over there,
Claudia
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Well, dear, I personally live in Indiana... USA, and I believe in witchcraft too.
I am NOT saying that is not a possibility.
What I AM saying is that generally such claims of ghostly visits are media enhanced. Generally you do not HAVE a ghost making such a ruckus.
The Catholic Church MAY very well BE connected, on your block...
Proper procedure would BE for the priest to get authorization to go to the home and rectify the situation. THAT may take weeks, to MONTHS. A priest CAN NOT act on his own in this type of situation. EVER. The Catholic Church may "act" differently in different countries, but the protocol is NOT different when it comes to dealing with the paranormal.
For ghosts, OR miracles.
Just trust me on that one.
I am not here to argue. This dang site sees enough of that crap as it is. I was throwing out things that did not seem to "click", and are still not clear to me after reading this story. I am not like MOST of the other posters that you may encounter here...
If you challenge, I WILL be back. "...Do your research"?
And just so that you know...
No, I would NOT be amazed at what people believe in over there. Believe it or not, things are not all that different from here.
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
This happened in mexico city. Yes, I was younger (five yrs) it was so scary that I thought it was a nightmare I had and could still remember all the details. When my mother was passing I asked her about this because as an adult I questioned my memory it has had an effect on me in ways you wouldn't believe. I have no explanation of the wind because we don't know all we know it was a strong entity that came through that door. My uncle who was also there thought it was because of the ring my aunt had just found inside the walls. I believe because this didn't ever happened to us until that ring was found. Aside from that if you ever visit mexico city you will find that to many people believe in witch craft and also other weird things. I know what happened and I will never forget it. That is the only time I have ever experienced anything like it. Once again that is why before my mother died I really needed to know what really happened or was it a dream. If you live in mexico you can get a priest any time if you have the money. Take a trip to mexico do your research and you will be amazed of what people have experienced there. Mexico City D.F trust me I am not crazy. I just thought I would share a rare experience of mine that was something I would never had imagine experiencing myself. Keep in mind that the entity didn't request anything back we couldn't understand the voices. It was my uncle who thought the two were connected because we had never been haunted like that it was powerful. It is hard to explain to you the settings of the neighborhood unless you have lived there before yourself. The catholic church was just at the corner of the house huge church. The building we lived in are houses attached together big building a very old. Trust me I wouldn't make this up it was just to scary it gives me chills just thinking about that moment again. I just believe now that things can be a door to the unknown and trigger them to come in our world and attack.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
There is something off about this story. Maybe it is the whole "gushing of wind" and such.

When did this "voice" come to you?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
You know what I do not understand?
You went through the trouble of confirming this with your parents to make sure it was accurate, but choose not to...
Ah well.
For what it is worth:

I have a real problem with this story for several reasons. One being that the racing, careening, wild wind blowing and screaming ghosts are most generally media hype. It is very rare that such a thing is documented...
AND if the priest came out to the house to rectify the situation (WOW! He was able to assist that SAME day! THAT is amazing. How he was able to wipe clean his date book for the occasion is simply a miracle) it WOULD have been documented so that he could pass it on up the chain until it reached the Pope.
Just proper procedure there.
Not stating anything that should be a shocker to anyone.
Also with your Aunt being possessed (the fainting spells) not only would the "demon wind" need documented, but HER experience as well to insure proper counseling after ward. She collected her senses (returned the ring), so she MUST have been cleansed.
I'm just...
You had a house full of people. Your aunt fell into possession of this ring during the remodeling, and the entity chose THIS moment to show that it was requesting it's property back?
What am I missing?
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: