You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Kali Choudas - Dark Fourteeth

Real Ghost Stories

Kali Choudas - Dark Fourteeth

 

This is my first experience I am sharing here; actually this is not my experience, but my cousin's.

We have a day in the Hindu calendar called "Kali Chaudas" (Dark Fouteenth). It proceeds the day of our new year. This is comparable to Halloween, minus the trick treat and many times darker.

There is a community called Tantriks (performers of black magic) in India, known to ward off ghosts, but pretty scary themselves. Well, these Kali Chaudas brought home to us the weirdest thing: I must have been about two years old or so. We were at my cousin's place for the New Year. My cousin sister is four years older than me. She was six at that time.

The Tantriks are known to set off wandering on this day. One of them was wandering outside my cousin's house. We are pretty used to this, so we didn't pay much attention. But he then came outside our door and stood there. We still paid any attention. My sister looked at him and suddenly screamed out loud. He then set off again. But pretty oddly, my sister went off scampering after him. All of us tried to stop her, but to no avail. It was as if she couldn't hear any thing. She just kept saying "I have to go." She seemed to possess so much power, that is was impossible for her to be controlled or stopped even by four fully grown people-her parents and mine. However, they managed to stop her and made her sit down. She continued saying "I have to go" she refused to eat or drink anything. She didn't even recognize us. She spoke nothing except that sentence.

That evening, the elders took her to a sadhu (priest). He told us that she was possessed or cursed. He told us to tie a necklace around her neck, place a sacred thread around her and make her drink holy water for a number of days. After drinking the water she recovered.

She still dreads kali chaudas and never meets eye with a tantrik... If any one knows about black magic, please tell me what this was...

Other hauntings by Verleus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Verleus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sakie (1 stories) (23 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-16)
Thank God your sister survived the devilicious plan of the devil in disguise!
avikhaunted (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Firstly, nice story...
Next, I m myself a tantrik and all my ancestors were... But I never wear red dress only except during rituals... So your concept is wrong
And all tantriks are not bad... Those which go around with long beards torn and dirty robes are actually aghoris
Kish (2 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
This kind of thin g is done by a ritual for hypnotism but with the help of spiritual and supernatural rituals.

Only thing different here from scientific hypnotism is that the victim is hypnotized against the will of victim and the scientific hypnotism cannot be successful without the will of the volunteer...

I am a tantrik and let me tell everyone, not all misuse their powers. If anyone wants to test me, I welcome any invitation to any place truly and badly haunted...
Kish (2 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
I am a tantrik, and to answer the question by Verleus as "What was done to his sister", if at all truely stated [If it really ever happened to your sister] this is called Mohini vidya a way to hypnotize using supernatural element by which victim is controlled without his/her will.

Where as in scientific hypnotism it is not possible to achieve success without the will and state of mind of the volunteer, in tantra volunteer is rather more of a victim without any control whatsoever... And there are many ways to achieve this power some are deep kept secrets: For example a plant worshiped for a year until it bears its 1st fruit then aftr a proper ritual keeping in mind the astrological positions of planet, and right chants on proper timing, after that when the seed of this 1st fruit is tied on one's own wrist, and after this any eye contact made will force the person [victim] to follow and be in the control until the seed is tied on the wrist / neck etc...
TheDevilsOwn (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
1stly verleus... Great Story...However...as you clarified that you wanted to know about things... Heres something real...
1...tantriks are not always with tilak and long beards and scary looking... They can men/women dressed in casuals or formals and normal looking

2...not all tantriks are evil

3...Its possible that when the tantrik was at the doorstep, he hypnotised your little cousin so that he can use her... By that I meant... He could use her body to either sacrifice or he wanted to give a body to a spirit so that he can make that spirit do chores for him... There are many ways he could have used her

4...if the case is that she was possessed... Spirit would not have left so easily...

5...if she was cursed... The tantrik would have come back... Because that's the day/night for which these save their energy to get it doubled and they can't curse someone so efficiently again and again...
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Apparently MY tone was misunderstood, and for that I apologize. I was in the process of trying to explain my thoughts about that first comment, not trying to start a battle.
Let me explain out that first paragraph of the second comment, and perhaps clear that up.
I was EXCITED that FINALLY someone answered my questionings WITHOUT the preconceived notion that I was trying to debunk their experience, or call them a liar. I guess I was wrong. Sorry. That is why I said that I hoped it was given in the SAME TONE as it was received.
It was RECEIVED as a polite, "this is what I think" comment. Thank you for that one.
Again...
I was NOT trying to debunk...
I WAS honestly curious and asked the questions HOPING for honest answers. Or thoughts on them. YOU come from a different background, so I was ASKING your opinion.
I have googled, thank you. I try not to make comments when I am clueless. Believe it or not, some people put a bit more into this site than just to grab a snack and pop a squat at the desk for some entertainment.
I ASKED as I was trying to learn something...
I ASKED as I was curious.
I was not trying to be rude, but for the future I WILL remain from this page. I will seek my knowledge elsewhere, as it was never my intent to argue and there is TOO MUCH of that on this site at present.
Thank you.
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
google images of tantriks as well, they might give you a better idea about them
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
for knowing about tantriks, google "tantrik"
I will be sharing another experience of mine once the tool gets opened
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
and she may not have been possessed or sursed, but as I said, tantriks practice this art called tantikism... You would believe it only if you saw 1...she might have been mentally cantrolled by using the art-tantrikism
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
i don't know anything about the holy water or if she was cursed or possessed... I only know about this incident and how she got cured frm it... And I didn't mean to be rude,cmon,i jus said that anyone can get scared with an incident like this... The fact that there are people in our society who can cantrol our mind freaks us out... And yeah, i recently heard from a friend that his aunt had a very similar experience... I believe tantriks possess supernatural powers... And though six year olds can be very hard to tackle, I find it difficult to believe that 4 fully grown elders wudnt be able to cantrol a 6yr old
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Verleus,
I really hope that your response to me was written in the same tone in which it was "heard" over here, as I was NOT trying to create an issue. So many people around this site are jumping to the conclusion that EVERY comment from EVERY poster is in total disbelief...
TWO things that you wrote out jumped up and highlighted themselves for me, and I would like to address them. I will try my best to explain, but as I said in my FIRST comment, "I am not familiar with the particular custom of which YOU write".

"...even if she was possessed, how come she had such energy that no one could easily stop her?"
Honestly I have TWO responses to that.
The first one being that if One is truly possessed (as opposed to CURSED) it is SAID (I have personally never been in the presence of one who has been possessed) they gain superhuman strength.
BUT, a "normal" four year old, who has it in their mind that they MUST do something, or GO somewhere, regardless of what the adults around them DO, can be extremely strong. MOST four year olds become wiggling masses of flailing arms, legs and displaced body weight creating and almost impossible "catch hold" of the child. A four year old in the throws of a full blown tantrum (which... I would THINK if she had been EXTREMELY frightened, she could have acted in this manner) is VERY hard to grab, pick up, sit on your lap, cuddle, hug, and HOLD...
Of COURSE she would be leery of the Tantriks because of this experience (As an aside... I do not pretend that things do not scare me. IF... YES, even I "would be if someone tries to make you follow him" if I had no heart desire to do so). I was not disputing that. What I MEANT was: She was six. (Four years older than you, and YOU were about two. According to the regulations of this site, you should be at least 13. THAT means that this happened AT LEAST eleven years ago.) At least a decade has gone by since this particular experience. She went from feeling that she HAD to follow, to being skittish of the Tantricks. PURELY natural response, MAKING this a bit more believable than SOME.
SOOOOO...
Going on just what I think I know about both of these terms, THAT would point to a natural response to a frightening experience for a four year old. It COULD point to a CURSE (though I am having difficulties understanding why someone would CURSE an innocent...) as if she were POSSESSED- NOTHING would have stopped her from following.
AND from MY understanding (which MAY be completely different than YOURS as I am not from India) to DRINK holy water is to cleanse the soul. THAT is not a "cure" for a curse. A CURSE deals with the MIND. A possession deals with the BODY.
Which one deals with the Soul?
Thank you.
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
white buffalo, that's the thing I am also confused about, even if she was possessed, how come she had such energy that no one could easily stop her? And of course shes frightened of them now, even you would be if someone tries to make you follow him... She wasn't in her senses, she was under that tantriks cantrol... Tantriks are really scary, with big beards and black tilaks and they carry human ash with them and do wierd stuff, as ko0te says...
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
thanx for all the inputs... I do know about tantriks, but I was unsure about them until my cousin told me of this. I was only two then, so I didn't remember anything about it. And ya, tantriks are not a community, they are just like sages of some sort who practice the art of tantrikism... No one knows much about them. And tantrikism is dark enough to be called black magic, if not worse... Tantriks can make your doll and then whatevr they do with it will happen to you, and yah,surya,we do perform the hanumaan pooja, but that was not yet performed when this happened.later,we had performed it. My family is sort of "ardently" religious
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Oh yes! I'd agree with WhiteBuffalo. Tantriks are supposed to do all that kind of stuff. They carry ghosts in bottles (My mom once told me about it). They keep spirits in bottles and treat them as if they're their pets (just like we keep dogs/cats in our houses). I know its scary because IT IS...! ๐Ÿ˜จPeople who are envious of others and green-eyed, visit these Tantriks where they offer sacrifices to the goddess and the Devil, to please them. Then they perform Black Magic. There are many things to tell so I'm limiting myself! ๐Ÿ˜ญ
And Rookdying, I'd like to tell you that these Tantriks are neither a sect of society nor they're family groups etc. No one can freely join them. They were supposed to be 'Holy-Persons' and messengers of god in ancient times but now people fear them! These days, people are joining "Tantarism" freely and they're obviously fake tantriks! Tantriks use their magical and mystical elements like mantras and mudras and erotic rites (erotic rites mean they go naked and then worship the devil or they'll kidnap village girls, get them naked and ask demons to possess them and after that they kill those girls or burn them as a sacrifice in the name of god. No joke! I've seen them performing NAKED dances to shoo away the ghosts)
Thats why tantrism is a BAN in India! But I don't know why it is still followed...? ๐Ÿ˜จ
>>>ko0te takes a deep breath<<< Ah, I spoke too much! Lol
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Sounds scary. I wouldn't want to meet one.
Well, I know nothing of hindu holidays or religious people so I can't tell you what it was...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I have to ask a question...

Please understand that this comes from someone who does not have a clue about this "community called Tantriks" as you phrased it...

How does this community thrive and 'grow' is it a sect? What I mean to say is it like a Clan or Family Group or do people 'freely' join with them?

I know your sister was only 6 years old but could she have 'felt the calling of a kindred spirit' and responed?

I am not trying to be rude, crude or disrespectful in anyway shape or form and I hope I have not offened you by asking this but I really would like to know more. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Rook
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
So, which was she? Possessed or cursed?
What I find most interesting about this account is that she was six, decided she MUST go on (sorry, I have to use comparable words. I am not familiar with the particular custom of which YOU write) the "ghost march" with the Tantrik, but presently is frightened of them.

Here is my take on what happened, if you do not mind.
The Tantrik that she encountered MAY have been "carrying" a ghost that he was supposed to be shooing away.
Ghosts do that.
Sometimes they will attach themselves to someone, and then "jump off" when they get somewhere that feels more appealing to them. That is why it is SO important to surround ourselves with protection when we are dealing with alleged ghosts.
No need to PUT ourselves in danger.
Thank you.
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
OMG... I'm 16 and I know much about it. I've heard many stories from my grandma and mamma. Look, as you too; are an Indian, you must be knowing about "Kartik Poornima Ki Raat" and I would agree with you, that on this day, monks and other "Tantriks" perform Black-Magic and they offer human/animal sacrifices to goddess Kaali. Well, pretty much; all indians knows about it (I'm surprised how come you don't know anything about it). On this day, its like a curse to step out of home. Monks use brooms and spell evil words on it and worship the "Devil". It happens on a "NO-MOON" night. Therefore, I conclude, What your cousin experienced was something truly to be called as a "demonic possession" as she was under magical spells (Black art/magic)...
And yeah, I loved your story! Do post more! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Kali Chaudas is day to abolish laziness and evil which create hell in our life and shine light on life. The strength to protect others is referred as Kali, and if its used for God's work it is called Mahakali. Am I correct? Kali Chaudous is also attached to the legend of Lord Hanuman.

If I am right, you are supposed offer Pooja to to Hanumanji to protect from evil. Performed with oil, flowers and a few others things. To keep away the the evil eye, you are supposed to wash your head, and put black eyeliner on.

As for Tantra / tantriks, they are in fact a negelcted branch of spirituality in India. In fact although tantra is accused of being some sort of black magic, tantra is one of the most important traditions representing the practical aspect of the Vedic tradition.

As for your cousin, maybe you guys did the pooja incorrectly, or as legend states, the demon inside her surfaced, and has been banished now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: