You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Green Pond Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Green Pond Hauntings

 

When I was younger I always tried to avoid ghosts as much as possible because I used to watch Scooby-doo and it conditioned me to be afraid of them. Green Pond is a very small town surrounded by other small towns. Within a 5 mile radius of where I live I have heard of three haunted houses which are now torn down. What I know about them are second hand since I tried to avoid ghost.

The first was a house down the road that nobody has ever lived in since I have been here. According to the story a man was shot in that house and blood stains reappear on the floor no matter what you did. The second was a green house two or three miles away in Woodstock that nobody would live in too long. A lady who used to live there was pregnant and depressed and took her own life. She is the one that haunted it supposedly. The third house was a pink house five miles away in Gray Hill that was occupied I think when I first heard that it was haunted but was vacant not long after and sat and deteriorated over a period of twelve to fifteen years before it was torn down. There is also a subdivision that had some of the houses built on top of Indian burial grounds and a few of those houses were haunted including the one my second wife lived in.

Now you can do every thing possible to avoid a ghost but sometimes life will catch you off guard.

After my first wife died I got brave and would visit her grave when I had time-9:00 at night at a country cemetery where the closest house was a quarter of a mile away with the only street light. I stood my ground in the name of JESUS and told who was there that I had a right to be there and I would not be run off. Nothing ever bothered me except for one time when I thought I heard a ghost rattling chains, but I went to where the noise was and it was the rope on the flag pole hitting the side of the pole. Then one night I was lying in bed and woke up to someone yanking on my arm like they were trying to pull me off of the bed. I snatched my arm and said loudly "well just pull me off the bed then" and it let go and I had no other problems until I married my second wife.

My wife lived in a haunted house and I think she brought some of the ghosts with her-mainly a spirit that took the form of me and would try to seduce her. It also took her form and passed by the bedroom door once. It only tried to seduce her once and GOD rebuked it through my wife's voice. It was GOD vs. The spirit that looked like me and she thought it was me until GOD spoke to it through her. After this his head scrambled and he said loudly and angrily waving his arms and backing up, "if that's the way it's going to be just forget it-just forget it!" and he was gone. I asked her later if she meant his head blurred and she said no, it scrambled. She thinks that it tried to choke her in bed years later but she prayed and it released her.

I think that the only problem she had after that was not that particular spirit, but some I brought home from the graveyard one time when me and her were split up. I was lonely and angry and said at my first wife's grave "why don't you just come home with me"- I think something did, but I didn't know about it until me and my second wife got back together. She would hear footsteps, banging on walls, her bed being kicked every morning and someone saying "HI" in a female voice and my voice calling to her when I didn't call. I got madder than a wet setting hen because when they upset my wife I considered that messing with me! I tried calling them out saying if you got something to say, say it-if you want to fight, fight me-if you want to scare somebody scare me! This was doing it at my convenience of course and the bedroom was off limits.

I also tried to get them to leave going as far as anointing the doors and windows with new olive oil (extra virgin) that was bought and used only for that purpose and I did this while rebuking out loud. I also went through a ritual where I explained to it/them to get in the car (I even opened the door for them) and I would take you back to the cemetery-in which I drove to the cemetery and opened the door and let them out.

Things have quieted down but I do feel somebody still looking at me every now and then and my wife is still scared because of past experiences. I tried to get her to stay up here and face her fears even to the point of getting her to listen to my voice on the CB Radio talking to my friends while I was night watchman and she could talk back, but she finally resorted to sleeping at my parent's house 50 yards away.

Anyhow now they/it mainly picks on other people who come in when we are not home-people who have permission like a homeless man we knew and we let him spend the night alone-he didn't go to sleep until my wife and I got home in the morning and wouldn't stay another night and my wife's cousin and his wife who heard a lot of activity-running, door slamming and then his wife was pushed when they left out the door.

I guess next time I give them permission to come in and cook something I need to say it inside instead of outside so the ghosts can hear it. All I can say is I sure feel sorry for anybody that breaks into our trailer because they are going to probably get a "surprise" and if I could video tape it I'll bet that would be entertaining! I still don't trust these spirits though. GOD bless

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, greenpondmike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Thanks to everyone who read and enjoyed my story. If I can collect my thoughts I might be able to come up with a part 2,but it would be more family oriented and would be within the greater Green Pond, Woodstock and Caffee Junction areas. I tried to submit another story a while back about me checking out a haunted bridge and finding a snake instead of a ghost (I guess that's what happens when you go fishing under a haunted bridge at night), but because I didn't have the right encounter-it didn't get published. Also CassidyW84, I think I might know what trailer you are talking about and I think it has to do with what happened in the trailer, not on the land.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Sorry I took so long to comment. That white church is Hickman church and that subdivision near it isn't that old--in fact it was a cow pasture until Mr. Mead sold it sometime in the 90's.The one I'm talking about is behind the Green Pond church of GOD. It was around when or before I started first grade--early 70's.
CassidyW84 (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-26)
I lived in green pond and I was wondering if the subdivisions you were talking about being built on Indian burial ground were near a white church and some trailers? Just wondering? I lived in one of the trailers on one side the subdivision and on one side a white church and cemetery... Is this the same one?
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
I've often wondered that very same thing eekamouse! 😉 Just another one of them things that make you go hmmmm... 😕
happy (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
Good story, it doesn't have to be an old house/trailer to be haunted I definitely think you or, your wife invited something into your home. As for taking the form of your self and your wife doesn't sound good, more like evil to me. Very creepy situation to be in, I hope you find peace in your home many blessings 😁
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Well, it's my understanding that cemeteries are a place to find a spirit if you're looking for one and there are other reports on this websight where encounters took place at one or near one.
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
I am just curious here, why would cemeteries be so haunted? The spirit usually stays where it met its demise correct? So unless all these people knew something and went to the cemeteries to die, why would they be there? Just a random thought on my part. I tend to have those a lot, sorry. 😊
Enchantress (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Hmmm story of the first house - I am sure that is an urban legend because we apparently also have a house out here in south africa, exact same story, man shot himself and you can't get rid of the blood stains. Infact it is told that if you lay a new carpet down the stain seeps through - weird! But urban legend!
Boston (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
I know you care for your loved ones, but you can't fight a spirit. You also really shouldn't enter a cemetary and invite anything anywhere, because you might not be inviting what you think you are.

Good story, though. Your wife is lucky to have someone like you who would move heaven and hell for her safety, just be careful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: