You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Man's Face

Real Ghost Stories

The Man's Face

 

My experience occurred last winter (2008), in February I think, so it is still with me vividly in my head. Nothing like what is said below had ever happened to me before, and no events or such had lead me to imagine what I'm going to tell you. As it only happened about a year and a bit ago, my mind has not shrouded what I saw at all, and is as clear as ever.

Well my day started as usual: wake up, go to school, get home, chill out etc. I went to bed that evening in a neutral mood, and got to sleep without any problems at about 10pm. Anyway a couple of hours later I woke up due to being generally uncomfortable, and to me this was normal enough. It took me a little while to get back to sleep, but finally got there after I think was about half an hour. In the hours that followed, my sleeping got erratic and I kept waking up, falling asleep and so on. This continued into the early hours of the morning.

On one of the occasions where I was asleep, I encountered a bad dream, which like most people, I can no longer remember. Anyway I woke up with a start, and after a good few seconds of lying there regaining my consciousness I opened my eyes, and that is when I saw it. My whole sight was filled with a man's face. I was terrified, I couldn't scream, or move. I couldn't do anything, but look into this man's face. I can even remember what he looked like. His face was scruffy looking; he had not shaved for a while, and had scruffy hair, and a dirty face. I don't know how long I was looking into his face- I lost track of time, but I managed to blink a few times and the face was gone, just as fast as it appeared. I then seemed free to move, and immediately switched on my light and had to look around the room, and felt comforted that my brother was there, still asleep in his bed. My bed sheets were wet with sweat, and I never managed to get back to sleep.

The next morning I told my parents about the experience, but they seemed unconvinced. Typical. Anyway I asked if anything had happened like this to them and of course it hadn't.

A few months later, in September of 2008 I left my house to go to university and live in the halls of residence, which is on campus. Ever since my experience I have found it increasingly difficult to sleep, and it now takes 2-3 hours to get to sleep. Whenever I do get to sleep, I wake up for no reason a couple of hours later. I always wake up in a horrible sweat and it's getting to me more and more. I am only comfortable in sleeping when it is light, meaning I miss lectures etc quite often. I always feel the need to look around my room a lot, and whenever I am about to fall asleep I begin to hear noises from inside my room, which means I look around my room again. I don't know how to break this horrible and paranoid feeling whenever I am in my room. This happens in my home room, and also my university room as well, the exact same feeling for both.

I went back home just a couple of weeks ago to see my family and I was talking with my dad about what happened to me during that night. I thought this was odd as he seemed uninterested the day after it occurred to me all those months ago. He then revealed to me something quite scary.

My dad encountered a very similar experience. He was woken for no reason in the early hours of the morning, looked towards the end of the bed, and he saw a man at the end of his bed, walking around the room. It was so vivid that my dad could tell me that the man was wearing a red checkered shirt, and was carrying something. The man was very tall as well. My dad called out to the man, but there was no answer. He switched on the light and the man had disappeared.

I thought maybe these sightings had something to do with the house, and all I really know about it is that it was built in 1936, just before the second world war, there is a world war 2 bunker underneath our garage, and a woman used to live in the house beforehand, but she died before we moved in. I am not sure if she had a husband or not, I am completely clueless as to what is causing these strange things. Either way, it's really affected me and I don't know how to stop being so scared before going to sleep.

Thank you for your time and I would appreciate some help or comments below.

Other hauntings by Jammydodgerman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jammydodgerman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jammydodgerman (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Thanks for the info. I might try this even though I am not a religious person. As a note this morning I had quite a disturbing dream that I could see my own neck rotting. I woke up holding my neck. Been getting quite a few bad dreams during my sleep as well, which might have something to do with it. Anyway thanks again. Will keep you updated about everything:)
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Thank you for your story and it must be difficult having all of these sleepless nights! You have to know that ghosts can hear your thoughts. You have got to be brave and firm and tell him to go away. Not necessarily in a nasty way 'cause no one wants to be told off you know? He was human once too. So you can say something like, "Whomever you are, I am asking that you please leave me alone. If you respect me, I will respect you." or whatever comes to mind you know? It really helps to say, please go away or leave me alone or get the f*** out of here... But if they don't seem to leave, then you might have to be alittle more forecful. This one seems harmless and also seems like there's some unfinished business that he has to attend to. But like Shypo said, he can't hurt you and he's probably just curious or wants some help. They feed on your fear, so if there's no fear, how can they bug you?

But if you don't want to bothered, be brave, be strong. Pray pray pray (if you are religious). Speaking to the lord will help tremendously, I know it helps me when I say, In the name of the lord jesus christ I command you to leave. You are not welcome in my room, in my home or around me or my family. Then I imagine a bright light surrounding my whole body and I remind myself that I'm a child of light and no one can touch me, scare me, or hurt me.

It sounds crazy but boy does it work! I haven't been bothered in a few months 😁

Good luck, and please let us know how things go!

Elina ❤
shypo (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
You just have to remember that these things can't hurt you. Possibly they are curious as to why you are there. You are maybe a "ghost" in their reality? Things to think about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: