You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Never Met Him But Had Some Sort Of Bond

Real Ghost Stories

Never Met Him But Had Some Sort Of Bond

 

It was September 13th 2008 when I got the message that my friend Joey had passed away. He was in an auto accident. I never actually met him in person; we only spoke through a website. On his profile, he had a few songs, but only one that made me cry every time I visited his page.

Never Met Him But Had Some Sort Of Bond 1

When I heard about his death, I contacted my cousin, who also spoke to him through this website, and we set out to travel across a couple of states to his funeral. I also brought my son with me. We arrived 15 minutes after it supposedly ended due to a highway closed down from the recent rain. Since we arrived late, we decided to go to the location of the car crash. (The site was posted over a bulletin board).

Never Met Him But Had Some Sort Of Bond 2

The town where Joey lived was very small, and the streets weren't lit up, so it was easy to get lost. We drove around for about an hour, and still couldn't find the site. We came across the same 4 way stop when I decided to drive straight ahead instead of turning down the same road we kept turning on. After this decision, Joey's profile song popped in my head. (I hadn't thought about this song for a few hours). I told my cousin we were getting close.

Never Met Him But Had Some Sort Of Bond 3

All of a sudden, I saw it. I saw the crosses by the side of the road, and I also saw him. I saw Joey. He was leaning up against the tree with a cigarette in his mouth. I was going to get out of my car, but my cousin started to get scared, (it was spooky in the dark lol) and told me to just keep driving. I drove up a little further, turned around in someone's driveway, and when I drove pass the site, he was gone...

I spoke to his mother the next day, and asked her if he ever smoked. She said yes. I was silent. I think because I scared myself that I actually saw him, and no one else did.

Other hauntings by snowflake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snowflake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Surya, I saw a picture of him off of the website I "met" him on. No, I wasn't sure if it really was his own pic, a lot of people use different pics when they join a site. (my pics are always of my car) Anyways, the tree there with all the crosses? That's the tree I saw him leaning on. After his death, and after I saw him at this tree, I found out that the pics he had on his profile, were really pics of him... (I still communicate with his mother) And as I stated before, it was him...
Ghostseer, I'm not sure who the older gentleman is, but Joey is the younger one. (he was actually the driver of the vehicle, his best friend was passenger, but he died a few hours later at the hospital.) And he smoke Newports 100's. Is that the cigarette smell you smell? I also smoke, maybe you smell mines?...As far as I know, his dad's still alive. I never had the chance to meet him yet...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
We are all interconnected. So glad you went to pay your respects, although I feel confusion and stress attached to your photos. I smell cigarettes, and a more pungent cigar smoke. I see a slender boy/man, looks twentysomething, could be younger or older, I get illusion flashing before me. I think it's the slender frame. And a heavier truck driver/image, older man in his late forties, early fifties. They are attached, helping each other. Either someone involved in an accident in that spot, or recent passing by these two men. May or may not be your friend "Joey". Accidents are always traumatic to those left behind. The younger man is still learning to deal with his spiritual body. The older man is comforted by his spiritual body. I think older man was sick before his passing. Anyway, this is what I see/feel,thought I should share, it was a strong visual...Blessings, Ghostseer
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
Can't enlarge the third picture on the bottom right, but where exactly is Joey standing, I see nothing. But I do detect a lot of peace. You also say you never saw Joey, so how do you know it was him. I have asked this before.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
Raingrl01, thank you. I'm sorry for your loss as well. May your cousin rest in peace, just Joey is 😁
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
Hey! I know how you feel. I lost my cousin not too long ago to murder and he came to me for months to help me cope with his loss and when I was ready, he said goodbye to me (story posted on here). It's always nice to know that the people we love care enough about us to help us through with their passing. It helps me to this day knowing that he cared as I'm sure it helps you too. Good luck and sorry for your loss! ❤
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
Thank you Avenged90, and Taylor_Mae. I appreciate the comments. 😊 xoxoxo
Taylor_Mae (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
Heyy aw bless youu hunn.
He sounded really sweet.
R.I.P Joey: (xxxxxxxx
avenged90 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I think the fact that you heard his profile song pop into your head and then saw him, that you actually did see something of your friend.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Troyarn, it REALLY was him! There wasn't anyone physically there though, because the 2 people I had with me DID NOT see him, only I had. I asked if they saw him leaning against the tree, and they both said they didn't. I know many people smoke, but I didn't know he did until I asked his mother the next day. It was really him, I know it was...
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Since you only chatted with him on the internet, I am wondering how you would know this person smoking was actually his ghost. Even seeing a few photos online, it would be difficult to be sure (even using a webcam does little justice to an actual person).

Perhaps it was just someone out there having a cigarette (MANY people smoke).

I would have to say this may have just been a case of mistaken identity, but if it was him, then he was kind enough to say goodbye to you even if you never really knew him.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Agreed. It's a final goodbye and to let someone know they are alright. A classmate of my niece's died in a car accident before they were to graduate. While going down this road my niece and her 3 friends in the car saw this person walking down the road, they pulled over thinking it was someone they knew who needed a ride. As the person got closer they saw that it was indeed their friend who had died. As teenage girls will do, panic set in and they took off. A few hundred yards down the road they turned around and went back. They figured it just had to be someone that looked like him. Ofcourse when they returned to the spot no one was walking the road. They saw another friend passing and called him to ask if he had seen anyone walking the road. He had not. Teenage imagination mixed with grief? I don't know. They all described the same thing so whatever it was they all saw the same thing.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Claudhill,I'm not a professional with the spirit world, but there has been people on this site that say those who passed give the living aome sort of sign that they made it to the light... If that made any sense,lol. I guess your expierence, as with mine, they were telling us goodbye, and they're ok now...
claudehill (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Thanks for sharing. I had something happen to me about 10 years ago. I had moved to the Central Coast of Cal. From the Central Valley (about 150 Miles).
I continued to buy my home town newspaer in my new town. One day I bought it and noticed that my old therapist who had helped me immensely had died.
She was only two years older then me. I started crying and cried myself to sleep. I woke up and saw her (Shan) hovering on the side of my bed. I could only see her top half. She had a huge compassionate smile on her face. I watched her for awhile then peacefully went back to sleep knowing that Shan was safe and that she had contacted me.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Thank you for your comments. I really do appreciate them 😁 I was planning on going back in the summer. I would love to see his mom again, for her, and I became friends since that night. I know he wanted me to see him, because the look on his face was as if he was telling me "it's about time you got here". I think it was a last goodbye from him. I went to the site the next morning after we've arrived (we stayed in a hotel) and there were some people around, so I never saw him again, or thought about contacting him. I'm sure if it was just me, my son, and my cousin, I would've tried to contact him. But it was us 3, plus Joey's mom, grandmother, and 2 more school-aged girls where the crash took place... I have pictures of the site, in fact my car's in it too,lol. I need to find out how to post them on this site.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
You won't ever forget that moment. He wanted you to see him it seems. ~ Thanks for writing about it, to share your experience.
wudusgirl (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
OMG! I had an experience just like that! After my mum died I thought I saw her stood against the tree that her ashes are under. She was leaning against it with a cigarette in her mouth too! Maybe you should go back, just to see what happens 😁 laura- hazel x ❤ x
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
god I have had experiences like this! Its freaky when it happens but at the same your glad because youve seen the one your thinking about... You should go back tp that site in the light and see if you could contact him... He might need help crossing over 😉
Xxelliemayxx ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: