You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ise Woods

Real Ghost Stories

The Ise Woods

 

First off, I just want to say that I am not easily scared and as soon as this happened I didn't think "OMG it is definitely a ghost".

Anyway, this happened at the start of the Easter holidays when I was walking these two dogs, Bella and Jock that my dad knows the owners of. Bella and Jock are lovely little Scotty dogs; Bella is 2 and Jock is about 6 months (I think) and they are the loveliest, friendliest dogs that just want attention and hardly ever bark.

I was walking them around the back of the woods and I have never really been down there because I live on the other side. It was a really hot day with no wind and plenty of sunshine and Bella and Jock were really enthusiastic to get out and play with each other. When we got to the entrance of the wood we could either go left or right and I went right. Everything was alright and the dogs were really enjoying themselves. We eventually got to the end and turned round to walk the other way. Once we had passed the entrance, that's when things got a bit unnerving.

First off, we found this secluded area where this woman was sitting at the edge of a bunch of trees with a pushchair. It really freaked me out (no, she wasn't a ghost!) because she looked a bit deluded but we walked past her and she eventually went and by that time, Bella, Jock and I were at a dead end so we had to turn back again. Jock was really scared and he sat on the grass where the woman had been sitting shivering and whining which is something Jock never does. It took me a while to get him to move. Bella on the other hand just stood with her tail between her legs. When we got moving again, we continued to walk the left way and I found this little passageway leading to a "hidden" grass area that was surrounded by trees and flowers. I sat down in the middle of this nice grassy area and the dogs were sitting on my lap when suddenly, Bella and Jock started to growl at something they were fixated on. I looked in their direction and saw nothing but I took some photos just in case.

Eventually we moved on and came to another field that was near the last grassy area. Again, the dogs got really scared and Jock wouldn't move so I picked him up and showed him that there was nothing there, but he wasn't happy and wanted to get away. I tied the dogs up at the fence, got my camera ready and walked into the fields. There was a rustling in the trees even though there was no wind and this freaked me out a bit. I took a lot of photos, but to my eye I couldn't see anything strange.

The dogs were getting so restless and scared and whiny that I took them home but didn't say anything to their owners because they are elderly and I didn't want to scare them. However as soon as we left the two grass areas, they were happy and darted about having fun.

When I got home I looked at the photos that I had taken and a lot of them showed no signs of anything. However, on one of them I have caught what I think might be an orb and on another, there is an orb and something fog-like in front of the camera. It definitely creeped me out a bit!

I haven't been back to walk the dogs for about a week because I have been so busy with my school work and figure skating, but I will go back to them woods and have another look.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurenemmam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
i say buy a photom (not sure if spelled right) camra. They are used to take spirtral pictures. But always before tring to take a ghost picture, always ask it to show a sign if its ok to. If you don't, then this could cause them to be harmful and haunt you. I have one of those camras and they take goos spirte pictures. But can be pricy and hard to find one online. Got mine for about 750,000-800,000. So they are pricy.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Thanks for all your help guys:)
I will definately keep you all informed!
And I am definately going back again to check it out!
As I have already said, the second time I went, the dogs acted the same but I got nothing from the pictures that I took.
Xxxxxxxx
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
If you are willing to check it out take a camera and an adult. I would suggest doing so very early morning but before it gets light. By that time most party people will be long gone. No telling what went on in that area over the centuries because we all know England is very old and the site of much turmoil throughout history. Keep us posted.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
...and here is the other one.

Http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb44/laurenemmam/090404_115912.jpg

This is the one that I thort there was an orb, but now I look more closely at it, it looks more like the reflection of a house: (

Enjoy!
Xxx
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
ahahaha! I figured it out:)
Here is one photo...

Http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb44/laurenemmam/090404_115053.jpg
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
hey guys:)
I was just wondering, HOW do I post photos?
I am going to have experiment!
Miri_chan, where was your experience?
Xxxx
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
to miri_chen, was the feeling you felt was a sickest type? Or a power that seems to make you feel heavy?
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Your story kind of reminded me of a few days ago when my friend and I went into some woods and found a gorgeous spot by a lake, but when we turned back I had the worst creeped out feeling like I was being followed and watched, but I didn't have that feeling before when we walked through ^^
Do you think you could post some of the pictures? I'd like to see the two with orbs and stuff.: o
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
just have a taser for the thugs, also if you could find, look for a book about protection wear. Got to be prepare,
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
thanks for the advice zoajet!:)
I was thinking of taking my dad with me because he is really into ghosts as well:)
I think the only problem would be that there will probably be drunken thugs around so it would make everything interesting lol:P
But yeah, there was no way I was going to go alone!:D
I will let you all know how it goes!:D
Xxxxxx
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
If you do, try to have people with you and have protection. (advise seals but rarly found) Spirtes are more agresive at night. If you really want a scear, try talking to one and ask it to let you take a picture of it.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
:)
Well I am definately going to go back and take a lot of photos! And maybe steal someones infa red camera!:D
Do you guys reckon I should maybe go back at night at some point?
:)
Xxxxx
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Well like I said, it rarly happens and not even proven its by the portol of their disapearence. Try getting a few pictures of anything, if lucky, you will get a ghost form in one. But, just be careful, some ghostes will get angry.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
oooooh my gosh that sounds a bit bad!
I definately had a bad feeling about the place, one of them "i just can't put my finger on it" kind of things.
I and definately had one of them supernatural feelings.
That place gives me the creeps anway but I shall go back and be brave!
Thanks!
Xxxxxxxxx
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Yeah they do. I just don't know if someone else in the dark arts are opening them. I may be young but I know way more then I should. Well if you see people that is not usaly there its proboly ones I will send. Got to do a sealing cerimony on it. The way to know if your in a portol is if you feel uneasy, sickish or just a supernatural feeling. If it was a strong portol then a normal person would not be able to walk. They would be overwelm but its powers.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
cool a spirit portal:)
Dont worry, I'm not going to go inside it... Well hopefully not anyway:)
Hahaha!
It's on the Ise Lodge in Kettering, UK and I can't remember the road that takes you where I went but I will find out for you guys and let you no:)
Seriously, people disappear?:S
Thanks again!
Xxxxxx
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Be careful, sounds like a spirte portol, I would be careful, once you go in one, you can meet som pritty evil ghostes. Its proboly some of the drowned sprites there. Not to scear you or anything but some people who go in one, disapers and never found. (dosn't happen to much) Where is this place by the way? I may have to send some one to close it.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
hey:)
I am definately going to have to find an infra red camera!:)
I felt really uneasy, you know, like a queasy kind of feeling and I really didn't like it the first time we went!
I am going to go back a third time, maybe a night?
The woods themselves are pretty creepy and its where a lot of young people hang out because there are beer cans and grafitti in a lot of the secluded places and I think a few people have drowned in the river that runs through it, so do any of you think it could be a spirit of someone who drowned?
I just thought it amazing that the secluded area I found was basically untouched and when I went back the second time, there were no other dogs or people at all! It was like I had found it and it was mine!:D
Thanks for all your help guys!
Xxxxxxx
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Cool, but those type of events are common for me, happens every day. When you went to the area, did you feel and weird feelings of sick feeling, or any wearid thing? If so then that's a spirte portol zone. Oh by the way, I have 7 cats and 3 dogs. The bogs always with me when I go for a walk and unlike most dogs, hey don't get frighten by spirtes. If you need to ask me any thing, e-mail me. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Hi, I have cat she protection me all the time and she sence whatever there that I can't see and I knew something there like "We are not alone taffy my cat's name " lol. Interest story.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Yup, animals sense natural disasters, apparitions and a lot more things before hand but we still boast having the sixth sense. It's actually that we don't use them properly, telepathy, telekinesis can be inherited very easily but we switch to the easier modes. Hey see if you can borrow an infrared camera and go there, maybe in future that can become your profession 😜 anyway best of luck. Take Care.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Hey!
The camera that I used was the camera on my phone lol!
I went back on wednesday and the dogs were still the same, not wanting to go in the same areas. It was a different time of day though and there were some other dogs around us and a few behaved oddly.
I took some more photos as well but I can't see anything strange like on the other ones that I took from last time.
I think it's way cool that animals can sense things before we can... Its like protection!:)
Xxxxxxxxx
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Hmmm nice to hear that you would be going back to the woods. It always happens, animals sense apparitions way earlier than we do, and the place you took the dogs for a walk should have been quite creepy. Heyy if your'e going there next time try getting an infrared camera, because it is only with it that you will capture things beyond our naked eyesight.

I still wonder how you had a camera handy with you during the walk. Keep us posted with what happens next and take someone reliable with you the second time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: