You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Footsteps

 

I wanted to share this experience I had.

A few months back I went down the road to post a letter. The sun was shining, so I thought instead of simply walking back home, I'd take advantage of the nice weather, (since it's usually raining here!) and go for a walk. The stroll was one I used to take when I was in primary school, so I thought it would be nice going down memory lane however, when I was one quarter of the way around I picked up a sense that there was someone following me. I looked around and saw people in their gardens, but none of them were close enough to me for it to feel like they were the one's who were following me.

I tried to rub off the feeling, counting it as my own imagination, and carried on at a slow pace. The next moment though I heard footsteps following behind me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. It was such a horrible sensation; it started up so abruptly that I wasn't prepared for it. Although I really didn't want to panic in public, so I went for the rational explanation and thought it was just a random person from his or her garden, I simply missed the movement since my concentration was elsewhere. I carried on at a slow pace, expecting that person to walk past me. However no one did, so out of curiosity and wanting to find out who it was, I turned again to look. The footsteps faded just as I had turned, sort of like they weren't paying attention and stopped before they banged into me. My heart thumped, and I decided this leisurely walk wasn't going to be so relaxed after all. After several seconds I turned and quickened the pace the rest of the way home all the while though those extra footsteps started up again. It went from a walk to a run, and I didn't stop hearing them until I got in my drive.

It did frighten me since I'm really not used to hearing actual footsteps, and getting the feeling of being watched and followed. But now that I think about it, it probably was just an entity that wanted to play around. It caused me no harm, I'm sure if it wanted to it could have touched me a fair number of times.

Has anyone else experienced anything that was similar to this? I think my awareness of spirits has reached a new level. When going on walks now I do pick up noises now and again. I feel this kind of experience that I had was one that I should be write to you all about.

Thank you so much for reading, any comments you have will be appreciated.

Other hauntings by Miss_Violet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miss_Violet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Sorry, that has not happen to me. But I did like your story though. Thank for posting it. 😉
GIRLIE 😁
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
yes and if they were bind, they wouldn't be able to travle. So must of been a diffrent one.
Miss_Violet (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
zoajet: The first one was when I was away on holiday with my family, at a different location. So I'm not too sure if she (or he if it's different) would be the same one. I mean... I suppose they can travel great distances, but still, she would have spoken instead of being quiet, wouldn't she? I really wish I knew who it was...
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
My in your first story, didn't you say you saw her in your house? So it may not be the same one.
Miss_Violet (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
zoajet: I see, so if it was the same girl, she might have a bind that prevents her from entering my home? What kind of bind would it be? The next time I take that walk, should I speak in my head to let her, or whoever is following me, know that I'm going to listen, and try to clear my mind?

Bluegirl0506: Thanks for leaving me a comment ^^ No, I can't remember a similar sensation when I go walking elsewhere to this. It really did make me jump, I tried to go through logical explanations as to why I was picking up a noise behind me. But now I know, from being on the site and reading other stories, there are reasons why we pick up these noises. The next time I go on that walk, I'll try to be a lot braver though!
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
bluegirl0506, runing would only make the ghost know faster that you fear it. For reasons not going into, fear gives them power.
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
This is scary crazy, I would have ran the whole way home. Have you experienced this anywhere else? Or only on that certain path you were on?
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
well by seeing the girl in the first story, you open your 6th sense enough to hear things clearly (spirits walking near you, trying to talk to you.) Well maybe it was the same person? Well that ghost may of had a bind on them (basicly they can only go in a surten area.
Miss_Violet (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
This was after the other story I put up here. About two months ago from now. I don't leave the house very much because I'm always stuck in my books, so I don't have the opportunity to hear or sense things very much. But when I do, it did leave me feeling surprised. One of my friends said they think it might have been a child spirit having fun following me. What I found strange was it never followed me in my drive.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Hello again. Well first thing if this before or after the first story took place? Their always foot steps that I can hear. But most of the time it by himiko. But there has been a lot I heard. Some of them are weak through that cannot harm you until it gets you to have lots of fear. That's why I tell people, DON'T SHOW FEAR.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: