You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Strange Rustlings And Dark Figures

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Rustlings And Dark Figures

 

Over the past couple of months I have been experiencing strange rustling in my room occasionally at night when I lay my head down to sleep. The first time I heard this noise it was like a loud paper bag being crumpled above my head. Nothing could account for it. It alarmed me a little bit. Recently I keep hearing the same noise but like a plastic bag being crumpled in different areas of my room when I try to sleep.

A few months ago before I heard the rustling, I let one of my female friends stay round. Let me tell you a little bit about her first; she seems to attract a lot of paranormal activity wherever she goes, and it seems even including my house. She suffers heavily from sleep paralysis, having a few episodes every night, though strangely whenever she stays at mine she doesn't have it? She consulted a psychic once and he said she attracts the demonic for whatever reason. And that she has a few gifts. Maybe they are attracted to her for that reason. Anyhow the night she stayed round she kept saying she saw black shadows, small ones moving in different parts of my room, however I didn't. Until we stupidly thought it would be funny to "summon" whatever it was by giving us a sign of its presence. To my horror after saying that I saw a large black mass move quickly past the left side of me out the corner of my eye. I was terrified! Needless to say we slept with the TV on that night.

My mum has told me she has seen a little black shadow in the kitchen. When I used to have a dog, though this was years ago, it used to stand in the kitchen doorway and growl into the kitchen. I assume it was seeing something I could not. My sister once said she was singing in the kitchen and she heard something call her a b*tch. To this day I'm still quite scared to go into the kitchen at night. Once when I was small, I heard the kitchen cupboards being opened and slammed constantly for about an hour. I layed frozen in bed with fear until the sun came up. In the morning my sister said she heard the noises too, however my parents did not. Objects also seem to appear and disappear in the house but that has always happened.

So yeah, that is my story. Thanks for reading. I was wondering what could the noises have been, if its related to any kind of entity in particular, or if its just my over active imagination.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phillip20, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-26)
When I was a teenager I could never keep any sort of paper or plastic bag in my bedroom before I went to sleep, because as soon as I turned the light out and got comfortable something would always mess around with it. It was really loud like someone shaking the bag and crunching it and moving it around, and I would look but I never could find anything. During this same time my grandma had given me some stuff during halloween and one thing was an orange plastic tumbler that had cartoon ghost decals on it. I had the cup on my dresser and the dang cup would bounce around and scoot around really loud and annoying like. I looked up to see it moving and nothing was there to make it move so I decided not to look at it again. I made sure to get that out of my room after a month of that stuff, because it was hard to sleep with those creepy noises. Fortunately whatever was doing that left me alone but it took a good 2-3 years before it left!

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Hi again Phillip.:) There's been a couple of comments on mine that seem to suggest it doesn't really point to anything you'd want around you. 😕 And I've also responded to you via my comments. Sorry, I should've thought to type it out here! Have you heard it anymore since you posted this story?
phillip20 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
Thanks xKalmuneiu that's quite helpful. I agree it always helps when you can relate to someone:-)
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Something that caused me great distress seemed to make itself known in the beginning with a strange rustling sound above my room. As time went by, this developed into scratching, and at it's worst, thumps and bangs. From what I have read, it's quite characteristic of demons. But I am by no means an expert on the paranormal so I wouldn't like to speculate. All I would suggest is to get someone who does know what they're doing to aid you in getting rid of this before it turns into constant torment. Thanks for your story, it's always a huge relief to find stuff I can relate to.
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
i have same experience of plastic crumpling sounds with an angry approach (i'll post it soon). But I never have any knowledge upto now of what strange entity that comes from.

But since you said that you friend only attracts demons and when she slept in your room no sleep paralysis occur, I might say that the entity in your room is kind of good and it only needs a recognition that it is around the vicinity.
Kristen (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
In 1994 I lived in a haunted house in east Berlin, Germany. At least 6 people who lived there had witnessed the rustling of a plastic bag next to their heads when they were trying to fall asleep at night. When they switched on the light, nothing was there.
We never found an explanation for that noise. The house was haunted by more than one spirit and we experienced lots of scary things and once found a bundle of human bones in a hole in a wall. After I moved out a dead body was discovered in one of the flats. One flat was used by a strange cult. My neighbour, who didn't do drugs or alcohol started to hear a voice that told him to kill himself. The voice completely stopped as soon as he moved out of that house.
Try to protect yourself.
phillip20 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
I'm currently hearing the sounds KimSouth0. Not for a few nights though. Luckily I have only seen the shadow once when me and my friend asked whatever was in the house to make a sign of its presence, never since.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
are you currently hearing these sounds and seeing shadows or was that in the past only?

God Bless!
phillip20 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
Hey guys thanks for the comments. I definitely think the paper crumpling sound is something paranormal. Luckily I have never been harmed or really felt in danger, But definitely feel something is lurking. In my room I have many bizarre dreams every night. If I ever be feel in danger ill be sure to say a prayer. 😊
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
If you read enough on this site you will see quite a few cases where people have reported the sound of crumpling paper and plastic bags. Just like the other chap from the UK that posted just before you, he hears a clicking noise. Also common paranormal noises reported are electrical noises, loud snaps, pops and cracks (maybe there is a Rice Krispie ghost). Something leads me to believe that these could all be noises created by something trying to manifest along with the change in temp and so on. I wish someone would compile these para-noises it may lead to learning more about what is going on.
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
you say... She didnt? Had sleep paralysis... Mayby there's a good. One in your room who stopped it and actualy protects you of the shadows?... Try to wear some sorts of protection. And if your a believer. Say your prayer evrey night at bed. If it happends ina other room try it there. To if it keeps happening try to contact any sort of priest/person who can drive away any demonic/evil forces
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
phillip20, thanks for sharing your story. I can relate and it is very scarry and overwhelming and at times frustrating to hear and feel things and not know what they are.
What I can suggest is that you try to get some history on the land and the ghouse or property. Try to talk to neighbors that have lived there many years they might be able to tell you about things on the property from before you got there.

Good luck and keep us posted
shadowman (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
this is the first time I have herd of a bag crunching befor but I would defintly do something about it I would tell it to leave that its not welcome in your house iny more I have herd that people use sage to keep evil spirits away I have never tried it my self becose usialy when I tell it to go it leaves you might need to have a paster bless your house but I would defintly do something it sounds angry altho it dosent seem to try and harm you but it may get to that

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: