You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: 8ft Tall & Distorted

Real Ghost Stories

8ft Tall & Distorted

 

This is a personal account of mine, which dates back to the late 1970's when I was about 19-20 years old.

I was living in a house me and my roommates believed to be haunted (See my other submission) and it increased my paranormal interest. I was also actively working to make myself more sensitive to spirits, mainly through meditation. I had developed enough skill to sense and sometimes see or hear spirits.

I was out somewhere when I saw an old high school friend of mine. We decided to go sit in a coffee shop and catch up the last couple years. He spilled coffee down the front of his shirt and asked me to take him home so he could change. He wanted to show me some party clubs he knew later that evening.

On the way he told me a few of our other HS friends lived there too, they were all roommates. We arrived to an older home. It was huge, probably built in the 1930's. He ran upstairs to change and told me to do a self-tour of the place. Nobody else was there.

The living room was huge. 10-foot ceilings and a fireplace. The kitchen looked original but well kept and well preserved. I had to use the bathroom and I noticed the facility at the end of a long hall so I made my way.

Something moving caught my eye in one of the rooms and I turned to find "something" that stood about 8ft tall, fairly vivid and NOT happy I was there. It had short stalky legs comparable to the rest of him and his hands dragged the ground. I could not see the face as it was distorted.

I stood there for about 5-10 seconds staring when I clearly heard it order me to "GET OUT" in a low gruff tone. I backed out of the hallway away from the room, calling to my friend "I'll wait outside in the car" before stepping out. I waited outside and said a prayer for those inside.

I did not tell anyone of my experience at the time. I felt that I should not mess with what ever it may be.

A close psychic friend who we called "Bird" was invited to a party several months later. Yes the party was at that house. The only thing I told her was to be careful.

I called her a few days later to see how the party went. She told me she was choked while in the bathroom and had "An incident" which she refused to elaborate about. It was then I told her of my own account, which made her quite upset that I didn't warn her about it.

Another one of my roommates went to the party as well. He said he was pushed by something he couldn't see and felt threatened by it in their bathroom.

I talked to an old friend a couple years later after that. I knew her from high school and she dated the guy who occupied that room. I told her of my experience and those of my friends.

She said she could hear knocking on the walls at night, which kept her up. Her boyfriend who lived in the room was an x football player and was built like a tank. He had a harmless teddy bear attitude until he moved into that house. Things went downhill until eventually becoming violent with everyone there. He was eventually told to leave and made an incident requiring police intervention.

That was one of my experiences and I hope to submit a couple more.

Other hauntings by Sergeant

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sergeant, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
It sounds rather particular about who it allows in its house. It in no way sounds good. Not even for the people who lived there. It also sounds strongly attached to those who lived there. Not protective of them but more like a kitten guarding its food rather than a dog guarding its companion.
It sounds as though it didn't like what it could see in you or those other friends. Like it was perhaps threatened by something in you. Some strength. And it was defiantly feeding off of that football player friend of yours. Like there were things that were happening with him he wouldn't share. And this thing lived off of it. Making him weaker in a sense. Isolating him through his agression toward others. And it was obviously territorial.
I am glad your friend moved out from there. And I hope he recovered after he got out. Hopefully the rage left him.
That creature was hiding several things though, and it really makes me wonder what.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
My instincts tell me that its need to obscure its face is an important part of this account. In the natural world many creatures do all they can to convince you that they are bigger and more fearsome than they truly are. It usually works. I wonder if it were truly as capable and willing as it looked, would it have given such a warning? While it is clearly to be taken seriously, my sense is that it seems desperate in its demand that you not investigate further. Did the medium sense any shame or self-loathing?
jblaster77 (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
he he he old boogie-bones won't let no one take a crap/pee 🤔 😜 😊 wierdest thing so far
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
WOW! SCARY!
That guy is very protective of his house. Coruse I would be to, even more so when I don't know wats going on.
Nice story, BE CAREFUL < 😆
GIRLIE ❤
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
im usually comfortable around spirits, ghosts stuff like that, but if I saw the thing that you saw, I wouldn't know if I should run or stand still! And its face was distorted? Whoa that's wierd! 😨
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
The last comment was meant for one of my other accounts.

-Sorry for that.
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Hi
The building was made of poured concrete and cinder block. I'd guess built in the 1960's. It was in the Minneapolis city limits. It was carpeted and carpet can definetly retain odors.

So was that odor an entity? I honestly don't know. It was odd the way it seemed to move around.

About pursuing my psychic ability:
The three accounts I posted were the scariest/worst of my experience from about 1978-1982. I enjoy reading others scary accounts and so they are.
I am or was sensitive to spirits but I'm definetly not "Psychic".

In that period I developed OBE well enough to be fairly reliable and met many positive or neutral spirits. I've forgotten almost all of those less exciting accounts as it was just so long ago.
Sometimes I'd come across negative things like this unexpectedly from time to time and it became somewhat of a burden. I didn't know about basic protection- not even about hardening the aura so I guess I attracted some attention.

I gave my life to Christ and dove into Christianity in 1982. All of these kinds of things stopped. It was shut off by my spirituality (God, if you will) and personal will to do so. Although I'm not nearly as devoted into Christianity like I was my first 3-4 years of conversion, I have no desire to get back into it.

However two spirits remained with me since then, even today. They say they've been with me since before that period but I can't be sure. They made themselves known last summer in a most extraordinary way. Hey have a one track mind about something and they're neither good nor evil.

They invoke OBE from time to time but I don't feel compelled to "mess" with things on my own like I used to.

I hope to write my final account and it will be about these two spirits but I just need to find the right approach.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
SERGEANT **** I believe your story and appreciate it. Many demons are of very tall stature (e.g. 14 feet). What you saw could also be a golem; an entity created by someone and designed to be that tall. But in my opinion, based on your description, what you saw was of the goblin family. They favor rural states/locales, the same as knomes do. Even if you live in a city... Minnesota is a very rural state. Goblins are sometimes seen in Oregon or Washington for example. Generally, not friendly creatures, except for hobgoblins. And precisely, as you described (short legs, long feet, knuckles dragging, etc.). Lucky you! What an experience. No worse for the wear, but wiser! You should pursue your psychic gifts, since you clearly have an affinity to perceive nature spirits. Just dedicate the 1st part of your development to protection, and then... Attracting the friendlier of the fae. Cheers!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
If this was a so called " elemental" it was a big sucker. I have read of people seeing things that don't look human but always wondered if it was simply their rendition of it. I'm not one to believe in spirits that are not of human origin. Many would disagree with me. I just have no experience with such things so it's a bit hard for me to wrap my mind around it. I have never seen a ghost either so... But I believe in them. Maybe there are those of the spirit world that can take on scary forms when desired.
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
It appeared almost primate. Short legs, long feet and the hands lay on the floor along side the feet. Dark but not completely black in color. I tried to see the face while I stood there.

If you put a dark photo on the bottom of a deep rapidly boiling pot you can sort of see it but very distorted. That's how the face was.

I didn't use alcolhol/drugs and neither did my close friends. I'm not sure if the people living at the house with the party had developed any such habits but I don't think so.

My friend that I went to coffee with wasn't aware of anything, at least he didn't mention. I heard the "GET OUT" but may I also paraphrase "And don't mess with this, leave me alone" and believed it to be a warning of sort. I didn't have any way of dealing with what ever it was so didn't want to invoke a tangle. I had not seen my coffee shop friend after that.

I haven't seen any of my old friends since I moved across the country in the early 80's. Actually, I always wondered what happened to my friend Bird, her real name was Robin. People get married, change names so who knows. If she ever reads this account she'll know right away who I am.

Thanks for reading.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
another interesting account Sergeant. I must say your friends attended one hell of a party. Logic would chalk incidents they described as maybe too many drinks... But I don't think that is the case

Did the High School friend from the coffee shop ever mention anything? Hate to sound like a broken record, but did anyone know the history of the place/land?

Do you still keep in touch with your friend "Bird"? (maybe I've asked that before... If so my apologies)
phillip20 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
This is a really interesting story. So did this thing have really long dangly arms? Sounds like some sort of demon!
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
interesting story. Hope you and your family are doing very well! Thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: