You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The New House

Real Ghost Stories

The New House

 

In November 2008, my fiancé and I moved to the house I'm currently sat in. It has such a feeling of calm, particularly after events in the house in London, and just the tragedy of what happened at my Grandparent's house.

I still feel things walk past me, but the feelings of being watched are only very brief, and it doesn't feel sinister. A few weeks ago, I got out of bed to make a drink (it's such a wonderful feeling to wander around alone in the dark and just feel safe!) and I thought I saw someone walk down the hallway very quickly towards the front door. So, naturally, I went to look. And nothing was there, but I mindlessly tried the front door to find we'd forgotten to lock it! So... Whatever it was, I guess it was a helpful something. I still sometimes think I keep seeing something down the hallway out of the corner of my eye, and so always remember to check the door if I see it now.

I also keep seeing very small white lights, usually just one or two, sometimes a few, and they vanish almost as quickly as they appear.

The only thing that's happened that has made me feel a little worried is our fire alarms went off, for no reason. Both at the exact same time even though they're quite a distance apart. It happened three times in the space of 24 hours and hasn't happened since... So I don't know.

And today, I could smell honey for a couple of minute's right in front of me. I have been looking on the internet as to what this could mean, but can only really find things referring to tobacco/ perfumes or nasty smells.

But all in all, I think whatever is here; we'll live along with quite nicely.

Other hauntings by xKalmuneiu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xKalmuneiu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I think the ghost wants to be your friend and means you no harm.I'm glad your happy.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Your stories are very scary!
Hope you will post more!

GOD BLESS you!

Love lots,
Spica ❤
Sevenwaters (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Hey, I would just like to say I have enjoyed reading your stories, and I hope you continue to only experience more friendly spirits in the future.:)
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
I've smelt the honey smell again in the last half an hour or so. I was sat in the same place I smelt it last time, and the smell appeared and then dispersed again all within about a minute or so. Please excuse my ignorance Preacher, but what do you mean by a residual haunting?
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Thanks for the comments.:)

Paranormal: Yeah, I find the honey thing a little puzzling. It wasn't say, a honey scented perfume smell, it was distinctly just honey. But yeah, it's definitely a very friendly feeling here, the whole place feels so welcoming. It's strange, because the house in London, it was all very open plan and you wouldn't have assumed it'd have such an oppresive atmosphere, whereas this house if full of strange little corners and hallways, but feels so much more of a 'home'.:)

Preacher: Thankfully, no, this is not the London house anymore. I'm back living in the North West of England.:) Nothing as such became of the 'Inside Me' story. It happened, and that was that really. I don't really feel comfortable bringing it up with my parents and asking for much detail or their opinions and whatnot. Maybe I will in time. To be honest, nothing that happened in that house 'feels real' now I'm away from it, I was never very keen on visiting there once I'd moved out, and I'm rather relieved I don't have to go there ever again now my parents have moved from there. I've put up a link in my profile to some pictures of that house, and will do so also in the comments section of the Scratch Scratch story to see if anyone is still able to 'pick up' anything.:)
preacher1 (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
The honey could be the left over's of a residual haunting. I think there are places in the world where human civilization has been for so long that it is a breeding ground for a lot of paranormal activity (London, if that is where you still live being one of them). I am glad that everything is much better now but still curious about the "inside me" story. The voice changes, abusive personality change, aversion to the religious, memory black outs, what all became of this? These traits all seem like what some priests define as partial possession, just curious as to how you over came it. But like I said I am glad everything worked out. God bless.
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
Seems to me what's going on in your new house is quite friendly. The lights might be ghost orbs, but I'm not sure about that. Although, the smell of honey sounds pretty interesting. I've personaly never heard anything like that. You should keep researching (if you'd like to know what's going on), or you should call someone that knows about these things. Sorry I'm not much of help, but thanks for posting. 😁
jacob2009 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
hmm... Well I don't see a problem. Just enjoy a nice, quiet house. Your lucky.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
Wow Looks Like You Get Along With This Ghost, I Guess This Ghost Is Helping, Like A Ghost-Friend? Used To Have One Named Johnny,

Byee...XoXoXoX

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: