You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Depressed Relative Seeing A Strange Creature

Real Ghost Stories

Depressed Relative Seeing A Strange Creature

 

This is my first post and I am so glad I found this site!

I have a relative who has been severely depressed of late and she has been seeking professional help and is now on medication.

Anyway, she is now opening up to me as well and it turns out that she has been seeing a creature regularly.

She describes it as being a black cat/rat/bat. It sits and stares at her and if she stands up or moves, it darts under a table or chair. If she is feeling really depressed or scared then the creature gets closer.

A couple of times when she felt suicidal, the creature is a couple of inches from her face. She sees it whether alone or with other people. Sometimes it is even sitting on someone else's lap! Her shrink has told her it is a manifestation of her anxieties and depression but it sounds weird to me and perhaps something supernatural?

She hasn't said how big it is or whether she sees it in the day or at night. She did say that to begin with it would go away if she told it to but then seemed to get 'stronger' than her and would stick around.

It never made a noise and it never touched her.

Has anyone else ever heard of anything like this before or have any suggestions? She is currently on some medication that makes it go away (so perhaps it is anxiety related) but she still sees it on occasion (once every couple of months).

Thanks!

Other hauntings by Saranne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Saranne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

goblinkwain (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2021-12-20)
This is such an interesting story. I hope this woman who was suffering from depression is doing well now. I totally empathize as I am a sufferer of chronic depression my whole life.

It makes me think of when I was in high school, my final year, I was majorly depressed and suicidal and I had seen or hallucinated a small black furry creature in my room, kind of like a cat. I told a boy I liked about it, not expecting judgement, and he told a friend of his about it and it started a rumor I was "crazy and schizophrenic". Very hurtful!

Anyway, I have seen these creatures in times of depression or mental/emotional distress. My heart goes out to all who suffer from depression and mental illness.
ghostboi (22 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
i agree with shira it could be a shifter or it could be a weird kind of protecter if its around when shes depressed maybe its stoppin her from doing anything stupid maybe the reason it leaves when she takes medication is because the medication works and maybe it comes back to check on her
Shira (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
This may or may not be helpful but what you said sounds like a shifter. It could be a demon or a god, or something in-between. Most likely a guardian of some sort (and yes, demons can be guardians too).
Also on another note "it" could want her true self, her soul. In this life you are only in a "shell" of sorts. Hell it could even be a familiar. Of course these are all theories of myne, asking what it wants is optional too.
semibeliever7 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
it could be a manifestation of her depression or it could be a entity that is either trying to comfort her or it could feed off her weakness. Like some people before me have posted, tell her to have a phrase to say to it. Whether it be a prayer or just something that puts her in a better state of mind or makes her feel safer. My personal one is the song santuary. Whenever I am unsure or feel like I'm in danger I sing it.
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I have a close relative that has this experience too, although, she is not depressed in any way or on medication. She always sees a black cat at her window, and she says that it really likes her. I'm sorry I'm not much of help, but thanks for posting.
link21 (7 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
actually it sounds like its trying to help but she won't listen. The reason it sits there is probably trying to cheer her up but she is just too depressed to notice 😕
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Could a demon cause you to be depressed? I think it is quite possible for an entity or spirit to pray off fear or sadness, just as they do water, and vibrations. Could the depression be caused from seeing things that are not supposed to be seen? If a sensitive person could hear voices, but not understand why or how, I'm sure said person could go a bit batty. So is it a disease? I don't know, but continue to love your Aunt and reassure her you are there for her. Aloha - 4d
marcink125 (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Wow...blisster bring up an insightful point. The behavior and appearance of this creature sounds very consistan from what you've told us.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Going to have to agree with her doctor on this one. My father when diagnosed with anxiety and depression often saw "figures". This stopped after his medication came into play. He went to consoling and attended various groups.

While terrifying these creatures can be, I encourage your relative to keep working with her doctor and stay positive. Medication is by no means a "cure all" but helpful
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
I wish her some positive times ahead, I hope she can get out and have fun and enjoy life doing the things she enjoys or wishes to learn about and enjoy.
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
It could be a depression demon, and the reason it gets closer to her when she gets more depressed or even suicidal is because that is its overall goal. You should talk to her more about it, see how she feels about it. If it makes her uncomfortable or fearful, etc., you may have a demon that you will need to banish in God's name. However, it could also very well be just a manifestation from her anxiety and depression. It's hard to tell. I will say a prayer for the both of you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
It does not sound like anything paranormal in fact far from it. I would put this down to your relative's depression. Her doctor is correct in saying it is her own manifestation of her anxieties and depression.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Poor Sweetie, if shes being frightned by this creature I doubt its a positive thing, is she a religious person by nature?
3nj0y (19 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Maybe this creauture is some kind of animal spirit guide that is trying to help her somehow. If it hasn't made her feel threatened, And it is simply just hanging around; It might be trying to keep her company. Maybe it's actually something positive. 😁 😕
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Saranne--Welcome to the vast and mysterious realm of this very popular website. You will find devotees span the gamut of experience and interest
First off, don't lose heart if the solution to your aunt's depression takes time.
You present a curious phenonemon yet really not enough detsil for much cogent analysis here. Severe clinical depression can do a range of things, yet even if we had a med file on your aunt and knew what else is in the diagnosis, most of us could not give a determination of the psychic conditions pereceiving the cat/rat/bat critter. It does seem to be directly connected to the intensity of your aunt's mental strength, as you say, and perhaps it's her way of objectifying what plagues her. In any case, it might be worthwhile that someone suggest a simple phrase to use as her weapon against it, whether it be a prayer, a positive statement, a command that shows her power of control over it, or even a stuffed tiger to shove its way when it appears; whatever may appeal to her.
Second of all (and you've done this by seeking new perspectives), continue to do your finest to show her regard and respect as a loved person, not as a patient.
May the God of all healing spirits attend her and all of you who care.
SummerEclipse22 (6 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
It could be either one. Was she beginning to feel depressed before or after she saw the creature? Or maybe she was depressed before she started to see the creature even though it was around her so it started to feed off her negative emotions. 😕
musicperson (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
it could be a entity or you relative could just be seeing thing but good luck in find what it is or was
Rosie93 (17 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
What your relative is seeing could be an entity, because many entities feed off of fear and depression; therefore the more scared and depressed the person gets, the more power the entity has over them. But it is entirely possible, and maybe more likely, that this animal she is seeing is psychological, and is simply her depression and anxiety manifesting itself as an 'entity.' I believe that she will get over this in time, if she keeps getting help with her depression.
Best wishes! ❤
Blisster (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
People see thing as they falls into depression, but seeing the same thing and nothing else does raise a rough question.
smexysmokie (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
it could be an entity... But also, a manifestation of anxiety, people tend to see things when they fall into depression, and so the more she gets depress, the more this thing will appear... If she'll get over her depression, it might disappear totally... XD it's a good thing that she seeks help, that will help her maintain the stability of her emotions and spirituality 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: