You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Green Man With Red Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

The Green Man With Red Eyes

 

I grew up in suburbia in the north of England in a place called Birkenshaw just outside the old mill city of Bradford. Me, mum, dad and my brother lived in a house that was only 30 years old built on old farm land. I had my own room and so did my brother who also had supernatural experiences.

Most people as babies remember nothing, this is normal, however I remember being scared of a green man standing in the corner of the room who had red eyes and horns; It was scared me so much. It terrified me as a baby and young toddler. Mum never believed me or my brother spoke of a dark shadowy figure towering over his bed as well as a boy trying to play with him.

Once at school ,I would have been maybe 6, when a friend took me around the back of the school where we were not meant to be and said "Look! Can you see that? It was the green man in the distance digging with a pick axe. This happened twice. I would love to look her up to ask her if she remembers. If it was even her. Research shows evil can shape-shift.

Around the same time me and my brother were at grandma's and I thought I heard her in the kitchen making breakfast, it was the middle of the night and a tall dark shadow was in the lounge. I ran upstairs to bed.

One night when I was about 8 years old, to this day I do not know why, I said, "ghost" out loud. It looked at me, then walked through a wall which led outside. It never walked through a wall previously so I had an idea it was gone. I screamed "mum" but there was no sound. I went straight to sleep or passed out.

I knew what I had seen was bad but at 8 I was uninformed about the existence of evil spirits. We were not very religious however mum did work for the church of England and my brother and me had been baptized. I'm scared of a return.

Help me understand what I saw, it still frightens me today. Were all the experiences connected? My boyfriend works nights sometimes and I have to sleep down stairs. This probably makes no difference to evil if it's coming ,it's coming. I hope writing this has not fed the nasty creep. This is the first time I have written about my haunting and it has been very cathartic more so than telling it to friends. Thank you for reading.

Michael XXX.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chirimoya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rex (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
I appreciate the story being put up for the world to see and I for one disagree with those who call him (the green man) imaginary. For I have seen him on several occasions. I live in Chicago and I have lived in the same house since I was born. I first seen it at the age of five around the midnight hour when I woken up by a loud *Ching* on my closet door I abruptly rose out of bed to look at what fell thinking it was an object which made the noise but everything was as my mom left it. I crawled back to bed ready to resume my sleep but when I looked at the door once more he was on the wall with his back facing me and his turned looking towards me He smiled or I should say grinned and his eyes glowed red. I hid under the covers as any child would and stood there for two minutes. I then removed the covers to see if he was gone and he was but only from the door because when I looked up he was in the same position only he was directly above me when I looked up. He grinned once more and the let out sharp shriek and Skited off along the ceiling into a dark corner and disappeared. He showed up several times over the next three years haunting my nights. Then he was gone and for years I thought I was the only one to encounter him until the age of sixteen when I was telling my friend about a green little man with red eyes, sharp teeth, and a loud shriek. He stopped talking and looked at me as if I was a ghost. He continued with a story too similar to be a coincidence. We been looking to find any info on him and we have had no luck. The last time I seen him was three years ago before leaving my house to performing at a show. I couldn't Believe it was the little man from my child hood but this time it was not in the dark it was clear in the morning time.
crazieb16 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
it was probably youer imagination relax you are much older now and its wierd how other people see it to and if it was not you imaganation it could have been a demon because you said it had horns with red eyes that's freaky but you better watch out you never know when its going to come back so just stay calmyou have had experience right you shoudnt be scared if you want to you can just pray it helps a lot believe me I have tried it and it works and when the house gets brighter it means the demon is out of your mind and then you get thay relief but for now just stay calm...
racer123246 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Hobbyholly: If it was her imagination, how could kids at her school see it too?

This is strange because the only stories I've read only has either blue, red, green, gray, or black colored "Creatures" in them. Never any yellow or orange... How odd...
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
I remember a dream I had of a 2 foot tall green skinned red eyed imp, as I call it. He stayed in the dark corners of my home and taunted me. When I went to confront the imp my grand mother, whom had passed on, came into my dream to stop me from going into the dark room. She threatened it and it got very upset with her. Never bothered me again. Did you see the creature when you were sleepy? Was it tall or short? Thanks for sharing your story, I really enjoyed it! Aloha- 4d
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
I'm with troyan. This may have been an imaginary "evil friend".

And sleeping downstairs when your boyfriend is working. I don't think that is odd. Some people just don't feel right and opt to sleep in a more "safer" place.

I also don't think you're "feeding the nasty creep" by putting this out there. If it makes you feel more at ease/better no foul no harm
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Dear Michael, don't be afraid. That was a long time ago, and in a different place. You're much older now, and have not had additional encounters with him. So it's time to let him go. Keep an open bible in your room, and ease yourself into sleeping there alone, by keeping the light on for the 1st couple months. It should reassure you, that he was probably a part of that locale. Also, such beings enjoy appearing to children to frighten them. (Red eyes do denote evil. Not to mention the horns). He sounds like either an unfriendly member of the fae, or a demon demi-god created/summoned by a local coven. The UK remains a hotbed for many covens that remain in operation for centuries now. Each tends to serve a demi-god, who then roams the area. Also, even with horns, he could be of the fae (fairy), and sounds like he might, since he was of green color. Most faires in the UK, not all, wear green, but only some are green skinned. And yes, they can appear different sizes at will. Fairies are usually summoned by witches to make use of their powers, and are believed by some to be of the hosts of hell (i.e. Originally fallen angles), while others believe them to be thoughtforms created by the continuous energy contribution of generations who believe in them. While others believe them to be independent entities of a dimension close to ours, who represent the energies of nature, and present themselves to us in a human like form that we can relate to; though their real form is light. It's possible, all these ideas are true, and just like some ghosts are thoughtforms and others are former humans, or residual energy... Fairies can be of different causes/origins also. But Michael, You are alive this one time, and you must claim your dimension/the soil under your feet, which is the whole Earth. It is Yours. Send what frightens or threatens you back from whence it came. You are most prized by the Creator, and have dominion over all other life. Who can stand against the Creator of all things? A saying goes, "Satan is the opposite of Michael, not God." Meaning God is above them both. This life, as difficult as it is already, does, unfortunately house unkind entities. But this is Your Life. And Your Earth. And it is a part of your growing, to learn to be strong... And a little courageous. Also, be Wise... Stand with your Maker and no creature or demi-god or Devil himself, can come against you. God made him like clay, and For You, will shatter him like a piece of pottery. Cheers, and the Best to You from the States.
Rosie93 (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
So, as I understand it, the things you saw were not connected to any particular place. If that is so, then, unfortunately, they may have been attached to you. Have you experienced anything since then? If so, I would consult a priest or someone from your church to help you. These things you saw sound evil to me... Just be careful with the situation and remember that if this kind of thing happens again, prayer and holy water always help. If you're worried about it, place some religious objects in your house and keep a bible close to you.
Good luck! ❤
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
He was green or had a green tint to him? Did he move around? If he did was it so fast he looked like a black swirl moven around? No matter what your answer is to me he is very evil. Do not talk to this thing. If you see him just pray. If you try to contact it by talking to it. Sad to say it will never leave you alone. I am haunted by my dead grandfather who was very evil. He was a killer. Just put it this way he gave his soul to the devil because when he was laying there dieing my mom told him to pray with her and she will forgive him for all he has done to her. He laughed and said its to late I belong to him. My mom asked who and he said the devil and died. He is still seen in human form trust me he has touched me more than once. I felt as I wanted to die but I do not want to be on the other side with him. I no longer fear him. God is on my side now that I let him in. Just pray. That is the key to all.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I'm thinking this is an imaginary evil friend, so to speak. I remember lots of things, or think I do, from when I was young, but they turn out to be figments of my imagination.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: