You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Childhood Evil

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Evil

 

When I was a young child I would see all kinds of very horrifying things and experience very horrifying things. My earliest memories are when I was 3. Things would come in my room at night. I could hear them walking into my room, bumping into things, knocking things off shelves, and touching me. The touch was always cold and just...freaky. It felt like a long bony finger just jabbing into me, poking me or something grabbing me. When I was 3 I had the things poking on me and grabbing me but I also remember seeing apparitions of shadow figures, as I called them, walking back and forth past my door. Sometimes it seemed as if they were glowing blue.

Well weird things would happen almost every night. Me hearing footsteps or me hearing things knock down in my room, but I always slept with my head under the covers because... Well wouldn't you at a young age? I moved to a different room at age 4 and I still heard all that. A black cat figure would frequent me. It would get close to my face. It would get mean, too. I had lots of mysterious scratches on my body. There were no possibilites of it being a real cat, for we didn't even get one until I was 7.

There were times it looked as if blood was coming from my ceiling also. It happened often for a period of time. I was probably about 6-7 when that happened. I didn't think it was blood at the time, in fact I didn't think any of these things were demons until I got older and learned more about evil. I just thought they were ghosts which maybe some of them were, but bad ghosts.

Some of those more frightening times is when they showed themselves to me. I slept with my head covered up but one night it jerked the covers off me. I saw a figure in a black cape. I didn't see any eyes, just blackness. It seemed like it was about 4 feet tall only. It was only in my vision for about 5 seconds and it vanished. Another time was when I was sleeping something jumped on me. I could feel the weight of it and it was hitting me. I could make the outline of it through my sheets because I had a nightlight and it also appeared to be pretty short, even shorter than 4 feet. I was about 8-9 when these things happened. I often heard raspy voices in a language that was not of English coming from the floor.

To top the events off, was the most substantial to show it was something evil. The night before I was to get babtised in church I was 8 years old. I heard my name being called in that same raspy voice I had heard before. I woke up and it looked like my trash can was glowing and "Amanda...Amanda" coming from it. I sat up in bed and it suprises me that I even had the guts to do that but I did. As soon as I sat up it said "don't do it". I'm certain it was telling me NOT to get saved.

That is some of the most memorable events of evil that happened when I was young. I am 23 now and I have more to tell later on. I still have events similar to these.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, manders, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tear111 (3 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Speaking of cats, black cats are considered evil, but if this will help, I will tell you how to make it stop, and my experience, what I' about to say... Might not help, but let's hope it does. I will tell you about DappleStar, and his ghost.

Yes... I go to a warrior cat rpg, and I had a friend, known by the warrior cat rpg, DappleStar, and he had a sister who RPGED On there also, we knew each other in wolf rpg, and warrior cat. I logged onto DarkClawPack, and saw Vitani upset, and saying "Advenged had died IRL." I was shocked, so I quickled logged onto SkyClan, and heard the queens sighting, that she was going to recive her nine lives, I and DappleStar/Advenged were very close, I roleplayed his brother in wolf rpg, and his kit in skyclan, I greived with them, and was upset...

That nightm I saw a black apperition of a cat, sitting in the hallway, watchin me. I have no indoor cats, just strays I take care of, and none could of come in here. The cat walked into my room, and looked at me, I could make of its eyes, they were a yellowish color, and shone. I screamed and closed my eyes, and it was gone. I decided to not look in the hallway, and I continued watching RobotChicken.

Chrismas Eve, I woke up, to see an apperition sitting on my bed, purring. I said "D-DaplleStar?" I watched as the cat vanished, and I scowled...

Chrismas night, I saw a white cat with ginger spots on him, I said "DAPPLESTAR!" And he vanished...

Sometimes I will see a white wolf watching over me... And I know it is him...

I believe he comes and goes... And thoose visits were him letting me know he was ok... He died towards Chrismas... Hit by a car...

.R.I.P. AVENGED/DAPPLESTAR
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
or it could be that it was because she was baptised. I continued to see things even as an adult. But I do not anymore and coincidentally, it stopped after I was baptized.
Chloeneolea (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
Maybe the reason you don't see them anymore isn't because you got baptised, but because younger children are more sensitive to things like that and are more able to see ghosts than adults.
Just a thought ❤
manders (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
I was definatly not imagining any of this. My parents often thought I was. I would scream loudly for my parents to come in my room sometimes and sometimes I would just be frozen in fear, afraid that if I moved it would get me.
And yes, at the time I was going to a babtist church so I was already saved, but I just thought it was so weird that this happened on the night before I was to get babtised. I really appreciate all the comments I've got so far. Slashes86, you're the first person that has seen the same color glowing figures that I did. And no, I haven't seen them since I was a child. I see and feel things now but I haven't seen another black hooded figure or glowing shadows like that since when I was little. I'm off to write a few more of my experiences... I hope people read and comment them too!
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
wow. You really did have many happenings when you were so small. 😢 I think that the voices that were not speaking english, might have been the spirits of indians like the house was built on top of a indian burial ground. I think that the voice in the trash can was telling you not to become a member of the church.
slashes86 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
I can relate to your story a lot. I am 22 (I'll be 23 in July) and I've been seeing things since I was two. At my home when I was growing up-along with my mother and brother- I would often see figures which would glow an almost neon green. Also, I have seen things coming down from the ceiling. When you see these things, are they always bad and scary? And do you still see them as frequently? I'm wondering because I am seeing them much more often now.
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
I agree with Jitow, fear is negative, no matter which way it's directed. Give in to fear and you give the power to that which you fear. Blessed be.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
This is the most interesting comment I have seen on here in a long time "...in fact I didn't think any of these things were demons until I got older and learned more about evil."
As this all started at such a young age, really, it is difficult to say whether it MAY have been imagination or the real deal. I see that you say there is more to come.
When you were 8 and on the verge of baptism... (I am making an assumption on what you have written. I am assuming this was a baptism that had to wait for YOUR consent, and not one that your guardians agreed to, such as infant baptism. Please forgive me if this turns into an unwanted religious debate) is it NOT customary to BE saved (ask the Good Lords forgiveness, and offer Him a "room" in your heart) and then follow that affirmation with baptism? IF this is the order of things, I am trying to figure out why it is that you think it was telling you not to "get saved"? You already WERE. You were just making the public announcement of it through baptism.
Were you ever comfortable enough to share these visuals with your guardians? And what did they share with you about them, if you DID?
Thank you.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
You got saved anyway right? You know now that you have control over these things through the power of the Holy Spirit, right? If these things still scare you, you need to pray and ask God to take away the fear and turn all of that crap over to Him. He will end it in a snap. He did not give us the spirit of fear. So you should not spend any of your life being afraid.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: