You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma Comes To Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Comes To Visit

 

In 1979 I was pregnant and living in a mobile home with my husband. We had lived there for about a year and my parents owned it before us. There had never been anything strange there until one summer day.

I was in the master bedroom, doing my make-up. The room had built in dressers that ran the length of the back of the trailer. The top was like a counter top. It was from one wall to the other, with windows above the counter space. In the middle it was cut out like a desk, this is where my make-up table was. There was a part of the top that was made to open and it was like an old school desk, I stored my make-up and hair things there. When I was done I would put everything away in the drawer, close the lid and leave my make-up mirror on top. This is the way I always left the room.

This one summer day after I did my make-up and hair, I went out to do my running around town, shopping and bill paying. When I came back, after putting away my stuff, I decided to take a nap. When I entered my bedroom, my make-up mirror was laying in the middle of the bedroom floor.

The mirror was a small 10 inch plastic one, with a flat bottom, so that it would stand. How had it gotten off the counter top, past my chair and roll across the floor? I put the mirror back on the desk, and laid down for my nap.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I felt a hand brush my hair away from my face. But it for some reason did not bother me, I just went to sleep. For the next few days, every time I would go to bed, just before dropping off to sleep, I would feel my hair being moved by unseen hands. After 3 or 4 days I called my mom and told her about what was happening. She got very quite and then said "That's your grandma". When you were a little girl and we would stay with her, she always would check on you before she went to bed. She was never one to kiss or hug, but when you were sleeping she would brush the hair away from your face." My grandma and I didn't get along very well and I didn't know she did that. My mom told me she thought it was my grandma letting me know she was still around me, and that she knew I was going to have a baby. I told my mom I thought it was kind of creepy, since we did not get along when she was alive and she had been dead for 6 or 7 years. My mom told me to get a small throw rug and sit in the dark closet and talk to her. "Talk to her you have to be kidding what would I say?" "Be nice but firm and just tell her how you feel", was all my mom would tell me.

So I sat in the closet and had a heart to heart with grandma. I told her that it was nice of her to check in on me and that I was pregnant. That I was well and happy and she need not worry about me. I didn't need her to stay with me, I wasn't scared and she could still watch out for me from the heavens. And I thanked her for taking the time to try to care for me, but it wasn't necessary. I also told her that I loved her. I didn't like her very much when she was alive but she was my grandma and felt it was something I needed to say, I don't remember ever hearing it from her or me ever saying it to her before that day. And then I told her goodbye. Afterwards I felt light hearted and tired. I laid down that night, and I never felt her hands wiping the hair from my face again.

Other hauntings by LadyCynthia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LadyCynthia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
What a wonderful story! It is to bad that you and your grand mother did not get along when she was alive, but at least, in some small way, she was able to tell you she loved you and cared for you (and maybe regretted that you two did not have a positive relationship) after she had passed.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story with us!

God Bless!
LadyCynthia (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
KITTYTHATSME -
I love you too!

WITCHSPAWN -
I would like to read the stories you have to tell. I bet you have some cool ones.

TONITH -
Thanks for reading my story, yeah I thought I would start with a good ending one first.
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
That is a awesome story mom! Love you ❤

It is a good thing she listened to you, but it was also nice that she visited you to let you know that she loved you. You might not have been close in life! But no matter what she was your grandma and she loved you very much.
WitchSpawn (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
I used to work with my mother who worked in autopsy. It was my job to always put the dead away at night, I always talked to them, sometimes at length and when my mom asked me why I said its because they are still human and when passing they deserve a friend.
To this day I can name quite a few strange occurrences and none of them terrible.

I believe its those souls who every night I would talk to.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Like I have always said it does seem like we can talk to spirits the same way we would talk to a living person because after all they were once alive too. They are still alive but reside in another dimension with being able to pass in and out of this one. Nice to know she was conscious of you and somehow wanted to make it right. You did the right thing by having that heart to heart with her. It's good to hear a good ending like this for a change. Kudos.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: