You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: I Saw My Charlie Today

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw My Charlie Today

 

My Charlie died on 2-23-09, and today marks 14 weeks since his death.

This morning, as every morning, my alarm went off at 5:30 am, and I always hit the snooze 1 time. Well this morning I slept through the alarm until almost 6. I turned off clock, I was awake, but not up, and as plain as day, I saw my cat Charlie sitting on the foot of my bed looking at me.

I Saw My Charlie Today

As fast as my brain tried to process what I was seeing, he was gone. But from that moment on I felt a peace I had not felt in months. I saw with my own two eyes, my cat sitting right there. Now I know he is ok, and he let me get one more look, and he's gone. Now he can rest in peace, sweet Charlie.

As this is one cat who fought a battle for over a year of his short 2 years of life. He saw 4 vets who could not find anything wrong, but yet he was sick. After many tests, and meds, still nothing had changed, but he pushed on until his vet said it was time, and on that day in Feb, I let him cross over the bridge. It was not until after his death that I obtained his medical records, and low and behold, it plainly stated that my cat was ok, and the vets lied to me. This is why I think he came back today to let me know the he's ok and he doesn't blame me for what the vets told me. God rest your soul lil buddy, mama will always love you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelsflying, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Starz88 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-19)
Girl, this made me tear up. Damn them vets. The good pets always pass on before their time! Sorry you lost your little baby. We all have... So I know your pain. I lost my dog on my 12th birthday, due to choking to death on a piece of pizza my mother gave him. 2 days later he appeared in the hallway as I was getting a drink of water from the restroom. He got within a foot from me and disappeared. I KNOW it was his way of saying goodbye. After that, I was at ease and peace with his death. I hope you are too with little Charlie!

May God be with you.
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
You must be glad that charlie came to see you one last time to say that he is ok.
I am sorry for your loss
❤ Esther ❤
katiebates143 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
oh how cute and I'm sorry for your loss ❤ but I'm glad your kitty is in a better place 😁
angelsflying (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Answer to Nor_Cal_Girl...yes, I asked what was wrong with my cat, after 4 vets, $2500, and many tests, and labs, meds, etc, they couldn't find anything. All my cat had was a snotty nose, and in Feb, they told me he was in respitory distess, all I saw in my mind was my cat gasping, so I couldn't let him suffer, it wasn't until after, when I got his records, that I saw in his chart,"heart and lungs ok, no resp distress noted" Thats when I found out they lied, and this guilt was tearing me up... Then I saw my Charlie on Mon morning, and I felt a peace I haven't in nearly 4 mos... I now know he is fine. He loved me, as I loved him... Now all I can say is: Rest in peace, Charlie, mama will always love you!
angelsflying (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Thank you all... Charlies memory lives in my heart and mind always! He was and is the feline love of my life! I welcome him to visit me anytime!
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
What horrible vets! They didn't tell you that your own cat is sick! They didn't even cured the sickness your cat had obtained! I'm really sorry about the loss of your cat but I'm happy too for, you saw your cat once more...
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
I am glad you saw your cat to tell you that he come to be in peace, he want you to be okay that he is okay also. I lost so many cats years and years ago. I am cats lovers.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
What horrible vets! Did you ask them about your cat and why they thought he was "sick"? It's always hard for me to hear pet stories because I love animals so much, but at least you know that he loves you:)
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Luke back in December and miss him everyday. I hope you take comfort in knowing Charlie's still around you. And although he may have only lived two short years, I'm sure you probably gave him the best life anyone could have... And he knows that. 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
Sweet story, Your Charlie will always be with you, he has already made his presence known to you. Sweet.
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
awwwww! I am so happy you got to see your cat one more time! Now you can be happy that your cat is going to be ok!

❤ Selinda ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: